Thread: Jada Pinkett Smith - Uptown Magazine - June/July 2011

Default Jada Pinkett Smith - Uptown Magazine - June/July 2011

Jada Pinkett Smith says she’s always been a warrior, but that’s always been just one part of her:
    “Sometimes you have to live who you’re not, to know who you are,” she says.
    “That same girl you saw in Menace is the same girl who even then was listening to metal. But nobody knew that. If you talk to the Queen Latifahs and the Tupac Shakurs, they’d say, ‘Of course!’ I’ve always been a lot of things.”

ON MARRIAGE & FAMILY

Also a source of inspiration: her husband of 14 years, Will.
    “We create together; we love on each other,” Pinkett Smith says of the man she still rocks out with to old-school hip-hop on satellite radio. “We raise our kids together. We are building something together.”
    Pinkett Smith admits that the couple’s public perception is vastly different than their reality.
    “People think that Will and I don’t spend a lot of time together. Too much time, actually, if you ask me,” she says with a laugh. “It’s always nice to have a little time apart. Sometimes you need that.”

THE KIDS ARE ALL RIGHT

“Believe it or not, they’re both like me and Will,” says Pinkett Smith of the couple’s children. “Willow’s a lot like me – just in the chances she’ll take. And then, Jaden has the drive of his father. Jaden and I are what I call introverted extroverts. Willow and Will are more pow! Jaden and I, well, we don’t give that to just anybody.”
    Smith fronted alternative-metal band Wicked Wisdom, but her maternal role pushed her musical passions to the back burner. “When Jaden did The Pursuit of Happyness, I was supposed to go on tour with Guns N’ Roses in Europe,” she says softly. She turned down the offer and eventually disbanded the group. “It was probably the most heartbreaking experience. But what I realized is that sometimes God will place things in your life that will make you recognize what your priorities are. I adore my son; he’s my soul seed. There was no way that I was going to allow him to do [a movie] and not have his mother.”
    “I don’t think that Wicked Wisdom happened for me; I think it happened because of what was going to go down with Willow,” she says. “I needed that experience so I would understand an aspect of her journey.” “I miss [my music career] tremendously, but it’s one of those things that I wear with a badge of honor because it expresses what I prioritize, and that’s my family.”

ON THE “STAGE PARENT” RUMORS
    “There are so many other kids you can worry about. My kids? They’re going to be all right. I get why people would criticize. But people need to know that Will and I would never put our children in a situation that would bring them detriment,” she says, her hazel eyes flashing. “My kids have no idea how I grew up,” Pinkett Smith continues. “Even in knowing my story, they couldn’t know what that means. They have no RE-ALI-TY. None. My feeling is, my kids need to have challenges, in a safe way. If I survived everything that I survived in Baltimore and Will survived everything he survived in Philly, these kids surely can survive the Hollywood game. With so many heavyweights surrounding them—from Beyoncé and Jay-Z to Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith to Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony—if they can fail in a circle like that, then they weren’t going to win in the first place.”
    “All I want for Trey (Will’s oldest son from his first marriage), Jaden, and Willow is happiness,” she says. “As long as they’re happy, and know how to maneuver in this world, I’m good.”

UPTOWN Magazine

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

Oh shut the mother fucking hell up you smug nitwit. She just oozes pretentious bitch in words and pictures.
    If i hear one more personal attack, i will type while drunk, then you can cry! - Bugdoll
    (716): I'd call her a cunt, but she doesn't seem to have the depth or warmth
    Quote Originally Posted by shedevilang View Post
    (Replying to MontanaMama) This is some of the smartest shit I ever read

Her face is too hard for sexy girly shoots.
    I started to read the interview but I got too bored.

Can't stand this bitch or her kids

that picture of her man-stomach is fucking scary.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Smith fronted alternative-metal band Wicked Wisdom, but her maternal role pushed her musical passions to the back burner. “When Jaden did The Pursuit of Happyness, I was supposed to go on tour with Guns N’ Roses in Europe,” she says softly. She turned down the offer and eventually disbanded the group.
    Is this what happened, or did the public just realize how mediocre the band was???
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

I see where her kids get their smug look.

They could have done something better than a tight frizzy ponytail with that hair for the shoot.

She could not possibly be any more full of shit.
    We all like to think we're so special. But in the end, we all do the same stupid shit. - Dennis Miller

Her 'sexy face' has more lulz than J-Lo's.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    Her 'sexy face' has more lulz than J-Lo's.
    Which one is supposed to be her sexy face? I see a menstrual cramp face, a gender-confusion face, and a forced-anal-penetration face, but no sexy face that I can detect.
    We all like to think we're so special. But in the end, we all do the same stupid shit. - Dennis Miller

“I don’t think that Wicked Wisdom happened for me; I think it happened because of what was going to go down with Willow,” she says. “I needed that experience so I would understand an aspect of her journey.” “I miss [my music career] tremendously, but it’s one of those things that I wear with a badge of honor because it expresses what I prioritize, and that’s my family.”
    WTF is she talking about? Pretentious co$bot soccer mom blabber....

And people say Jada cannot act.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Thread Information