Thread: Britney Spears on US Weekly April 2011

Default Britney Spears on US Weekly April 2011

This week’s OK! Magazine has the news that Britney Spears’ turned down a live radio interview with Carson Daly and refused to do anything unless it was pre-recorded and pre-approved. This seems to be supported by her print “interviews” to date and her recent appearance on Jimmy Kimmel, where she did two pretaped segments and no interview. She also made a quick appearance on the Kids’ Choice Awards where she got grossed out by Jack Black’s Kung Fu Panda character eating some noodles, but that was obviously also pretaped as I didn’t even see her in the audience or on the red carpet.
    As we’ve seen from her stints on How I Met Your Mother and Will & Grace, Britney is a passable actress but we also know she has a hard time with live interviews. (Remember when she chomped gum, cried and got defensive with Matt Lauer in 2006?) Judging from her print interviews it’s doubtful that they’re conducted in person or that she even partially writes the answers herself. Kaiser covered her US Weekly “25 Things You Don’t Know About” article and noted that it was like someone was trying to sound like Britney but was just slightly off.
    Her people are working hard to make us forget the past few years, and to present Britney as this devoted mom in a steady relationship. She’s on the cover of US Weekly (with a lovely photo, she’s so pretty when she’s styled) and an accompanying “interview.” It’s all so predictable and packaged. It also includes some adorable pictures of Britney with her boyfriend, Jason Trawick, and her boys. Here’s some of what Britney “said” and given her past interviews it’s clear she’s not actually saying this. They don’t even use the pretense of describing where they met her or what she’s wearing so I’m guessing this interview was conducted via e-mail, like some of her other recent interviews.
    Congratulations on Femme Fatale! How did making this record compare to making your first, Baby One More Time?
    I’m at such a different point in my life now than I was back then. I’m more mature and much more hands-on now. I know exactly what I like and what I don’t like. I guess that can make the recording process difficult, because I’m very particularl about songs I put my voice on.
    You’re a parent now too. How has motherhood changed you?
    It really puts life into perspective. You have to think about all your decisions so much more carefully, because they are affecting your kids too. My priorities have changed, and I do everything for [the boys]. They remind me what life is all about.
    Tell us about Preston and Jayden
    Jayden is the youngest, and he might be the mama’s boy. He’s very outgoing, always making us laugh, and he’s very creative. Preston is definitely the big brother. He’s very independent. He’s really, really smart and thinks everything through.
    What are they into these days?
    Their new favorite thing is dressing up as different superheroes, and they’re just so cute! They especially love Batman and Spiderman. We love watching Disney movies together. I also love reading them Fancy Nancy books [a children's series by Jane O'Connor and Robin Priess Glasser] before bed…
    What’s your parenting style? And what about Jason’s?
    With some things I’m strict, and with other things I’m easygoing. I guess I’m right in the middle. Jason is just amazing with the boys. They look up to him so much - they adore him. He’s their hero.
    What else do you love about Jason?
    We have such a great time together! He makes me laugh, and we are so comfortable being ourselves. We like to stay home, order in, watch movies, go to dinner with friends. And we love getting away for the weekend. Some of our favorite spots are Las Vegas, Hawaii or Mexico.
    Do you see yourself getting married again?
    Maybe. Never say never!
    [From US Weekly, print edition, April 18, 2011]

Cele|bitchy » Blog Archive » Britney Spears on US Weekly: real interview or written by her people?

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    I’m very particular about songs I put my voice on.
    Bitch, please.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

^holy hell
    Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.

I know my eyes almost rolled out of my head at that one too.

That's also a picture from 5 years ago. And I'll bet $5 they never even interviewed her, this is just something her publicist made up.

Thread Information