Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ...Is Dead Campaign

Default ...Is Dead Campaign

Ryan Seacrest is 'Dead' But Has 3 More Years on Radio

Ryan Seacrest’s digital death is captured in this new coffin shot before World AIDS Day on Wednesday (December 1).
    The 35-year-old TV and radio personality is just one of many celebs to give up Twitter and other social media sites until $1 million is raised in support of Keep A Child Alive.
    VIDEO: Celebs Die Digitally on December 1
    Earlier today, it was announced that Ryan has inked a 3-year deal to continue hosting his morning show, On Air with Ryan Seacrest and American Top 40 - he’ll also serve as a spokesperson for Clear Channel and get a salary bump!
    FYI: P. Diddy will also be “digitally dying” tomorrow as part of the campaign.
    More Here! »

Read more: Just Jared | Page 2

justjared.com

This is the most annoying campaign ever...I wish they would all just die!!!

Kim tries too hard. Even in "death."

So one million will bring them back to life? Will two million keep them digitally dead permanently? 'Cause I'd donate to that.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Don't they realize most people don't want them back? LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    Kim tries too hard. Even in "death."

my thoughts exactly.

This is a nasty campaign. Who thought of this? I would like to know how much money they raised versus numbers of adults/kids who are repelled by celebrities posing in coffins.

Quote Originally Posted by rollo View Post
    This is a nasty campaign. Who thought of this? I would like to know how much money they raised versus numbers of adults/kids who are repelled by celebrities posing in coffins.

I agree this is campaign is ridiculous...I think it's Alicia Keys and her foundation or something that came up with this...

I bet they spent more money on these stupid photo shoots ... idiot celebrities

Bonaduce berates celebs over Twitter ’deaths’

By Peter Mucha
    Inquirer Staff Writer

Kim Kardashian went "digitally dead" today, along with Lady Gaga, Justin Timberlake, Serena Williams, Usher and other celebrities in a drive to raise money to fight the global AIDS crisis.

The end is noble, but the means sure riled Philadelphia's Danny Bonaduce, the Partridge Family kid turned morning yakker on WYSP (94 FM).

He railed at length in his daily segment on CBS3's morning news show.

In observance of World AIDS Day, a raft of famous names declared that they'd refuse to Tweet or post on Facebook on World AIDS Day until fans donated $1 million to Keep a Child Alive, a charity started with help from Alicia Keyes.

As of early afternoon, less than $25,000 had been raised, according to numbers superimposed on a black coffin shape at ::Keep a Child Alive - DIGITAL DEATH. The site lists all the stars involved and tells how to donate, including by using smart phones to scan barcodes.

After emphatically agreeing that the disease has had catastrophic consequences, "wiping out nations, millions of entire families," Bonaduce spelled out his irritation to anchors Ukee Washington and Erica Von Thiel.

What kind of fight begins with quitting something? Bonaduce began.

"Isn't it sort of emotional blackmail? Ryan Seacrest isn't going to tell me he just pet his cat until I offer some money?" he continued.

"I think this is a mistake the way they are doing this," he said.

The rant was merely revving up.

"Doesn't that seem like an abuse of power in a way, that you don't get to see what Kim Kardashian is up to?" Bonaduce continued. ". . . And didn't Ryan Seacrest just sign a contract for $60 million? Do I really need Lady Gaga to tell me about her meat dress, and until she does, I have to give money? How about if these three get together and just put up $333,000 each and take care of the million bucks on their own since the American public pays their salary in the first place? Why don't they make the first step and put up the first million, rather than blackmail me on the minor musings about their days?"

"I am not alone in my opinion," he said.

He said he called Seacrest at home and suggested the American Idol host use Twitter to remind his followers to donate instead.

"Ladies and gentleman, charity begins at home, and that goes for you, Kardashian, that goes for you, Gaga, and that goes for you, Seacrest," Bonaduce concluded.

By 3 p.m., the fund was up to $60,000 but rising at a pace that might take a week or more to reach $1 million.

Bonaduce berates celebs over Twitter ’deaths’ | Philadelphia Inquirer | 12/01/2010

i sure do like Danny's way of thinking!
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post

By Peter Mucha
    Inquirer Staff Writer

Kim Kardashian went "digitally dead" today, along with Lady Gaga, Justin Timberlake, Serena Williams, Usher and other celebrities in a drive to raise money to fight the global AIDS crisis.

The end is noble, but the means sure riled Philadelphia's Danny Bonaduce, the Partridge Family kid turned morning yakker on WYSP (94 FM).

In observance of World AIDS Day, a raft of famous names declared that they'd refuse to Tweet or post on Facebook on World AIDS Day until fans donated $1 million to Keep a Child Alive, a charity started with help from Alicia Keyes.

As of early afternoon, less than $25,000 had been raised, according to numbers superimposed on a black coffin shape at ::Keep a Child Alive - DIGITAL DEATH. The site lists all the stars involved and tells how to donate, including by using smart phones to scan barcodes.

After emphatically agreeing that the disease has had catastrophic consequences, "wiping out nations, millions of entire families," Bonaduce spelled out his irritation to anchors Ukee Washington and Erica Von Thiel.

"Isn't it sort of emotional blackmail? Ryan Seacrest isn't going to tell me he just pet his cat until I offer some money?" he continued.

"Doesn't that seem like an abuse of power in a way, that you don't get to see what Kim Kardashian is up to?" Bonaduce continued. ". . . And didn't Ryan Seacrest just sign a contract for $60 million? Do I really need Lady Gaga to tell me about her meat dress, and until she does, I have to give money? How about if these three get together and just put up $333,000 each and take care of the million bucks on their own since the American public pays their salary in the first place? Why don't they make the first step and put up the first million, rather than blackmail me on the minor musings about their days?"

He said he called Seacrest at home and suggested the American Idol host use Twitter to remind his followers to donate instead.

"Ladies and gentleman, charity begins at home, and that goes for you, Kardashian, that goes for you, Gaga, and that goes for you, Seacrest," Bonaduce concluded.

By 3 p.m., the fund was up to $60,000 but rising at a pace that might take a week or more to reach $1 million.

Bonaduce berates celebs over Twitter ’deaths’ | Philadelphia Inquirer | 12/01/2010

OMG! Thank you!!!!!!

Team Crazy Red-Headed Fucker. pains me to say it but Danny Bonaduce has a fucking point.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Right on. These overpaid fuckers need to shut up, they're wealthy, the rest of the population are struggling. Dickwad celebs need to quit exploiting their fans.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

the bright side, of course, is that maybe their fans won't come up with the money... what a beautiful Christmas gift for the rest of us.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(•_•)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Marvellous.
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

*fervently hopes no one donates*

Quote Originally Posted by msdeb View Post

By Peter Mucha
    Inquirer Staff Writer

EXACTLY! Why don't these celebs quit telling US to pay when they have the huge $$$$?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information