Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: True Blood Cast, Rolling Stone, September 2010

Default True Blood Cast, Rolling Stone, September 2010

Aug 17, 2010 12:56 PM EDT
    The following is an excerpt of an article from the September 2, 2010 issue of Rolling Stone. This issue is available tomorrow on newsstands, and Friday, August 20th online via Rolling Stone's premium subscription plan.

The idea of celibate vampires is ridiculous, True Blood creator Alan Ball says. "To me, vampires are sex," he says. "I don't get a vampire story about abstinence. I'm 53. I don't care about high school students. I find them irritating and uninformed." On his show, every available orifice is used for intercourse: gay, straight, between humans and supernatural beings, and supernatural being on supernatural being, whether he be werewolf, dog or an enormous Minotaur-looking being called a maenad. None of the sex is quite as good as vampire sex, though, which can happen at the astonishing rhythm of 120 bpm while simultaneously devouring one's neck and making your eyes roll back into your head. Says Stephen Moyer who plays Bill Compton, the undead Southern Civil War Veteran "If we go from a base level, vampires create a hole in the neck where there wasn't one before. It's a de-virginization breaking the hymen, creating blood and then drinking the virginal blood. And there's something sharp, the fang, which is probing and penetrating and moving into it. So that's pretty sexy. I think that makes vampires attractive." He laughs a little. "Plus, Robert Pattinson is just hot, right?"
    More pics: They're Hot, They're Sexy, They're Undead: 'True Blood' Cast in the Latest Issue of Rolling Stone | Rolling Stone Music | Photos

I can't wait to explain this to my kids as they pass by it....

^^^
    can't you just tell them they're covered in fake blood because they play vampires on a tv show for grown-ups? besides, this being puritanical america, i bet these will be put on the higher shelves, possibly covered up so the cover isn't visible.

lol they totally airbrushed anna's twat - if you look closely the line from her butt to her leg is kind of blurred looking.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^^
    can't you just tell them they're covered in fake blood because they play vampires on a tv show for grown-ups? besides, this being puritanical america, i bet these will be put on the higher shelves, possibly covered up so the cover isn't visible.

lol they totally airbrushed anna's twat - if you look closely the line from her butt to her leg is kind of blurred looking.
    It's not so much a nudity thing (we're a pretty relaxed household), as much as a "why would vampires be naked?" thing.

In grocery stores out here, Rolling Stone usually sits on the bottom shelf and at the front. It will be interesting to see what freaked out store clerks and managers do with this one. Especially Wal-Mart.

that's why they're 'grown up' vampires
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

It's a bit OTT for a cover. But whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    I just took a closer look. I think the editor actually used the Cloning brush to copy part of her thigh over the "offending part". Sloppy work!

Pretty fine cover even though I've lost my love for Askars he's still a nice specimen.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Alex looks so strange on the cover, not sure if I really like it hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I can't wait to explain this to my kids as they pass by it....
    I'm with you. Adult content programming is totally great, but there is a reason why it's on later in the evening. The cover is a bit much for public display at the old grocery store with kids in tow.
    ...of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

I like it. Just explain it like my mom did to me (anytime I noticed something that wasn't meant for my child eyes) "don't worry about it, it's not for you". Of course, this is the same woman that allowed me to watch The Shining and Friday the 13th when I was 10 or 11.

Wow, that's a whole lotta cover.

The cover is just ok. I don't get why Eric is placed like he wants to be far away from Sookie. Lame.

I don't get a vampire story about abstinence

Suck it, Twilight!

Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine View Post
    I like it. Just explain it like my mom did to me (anytime I noticed something that wasn't meant for my child eyes) "don't worry about it, it's not for you". Of course, this is the same woman that allowed me to watch The Shining and Friday the 13th when I was 10 or 11.
    I think that approach works to an extent. The problem, in my opinion, is that there are disturbing images or themes that are oddly compelling, but that children just can't reasonably process.

I quite don't get it ... it seems to me that everytime there's something that has to do with sex in the USA it quickly shocks everybody, and poeple are outraged that children can see those things, but on the other hand, it seems ok for those children to watch movies with machine guns, explosions, people blowing off things every 2 seconds ... so violence's ok but sex's not?
    Nope, I don't get it
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information