Thread: Drew Barrymore - Elle- August 2010

Default Drew Barrymore - Elle- August 2010

On the media’s misconceptions of her: “I make movies. I have a passion. Puppies and daisies don’t accomplish anything. That’s not me at all.”
    On being single: “If you’re 35 and single and it’s a choice, it feels fine. So I didn’t settle with the wrong person yet. Big deal!”

On why she’s not afraid to get older
    : “I don’t want to be vain or fearful, and I don’t think I’ll do anything [in terms of plastic surgery], but if I want to do something, I will. From my perspective, there’s no reason to be afraid of aging, because if you age, you’re lucky! The alternative is death.”

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

Standing outside a KFC defending the Colonel

I've always loved Drew Barrymore, she seems damn sweet. I think she looks good in these pictures too.
    I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them. - George W. Bush

When I see her in movies, I think that she's pretty. When she's photographed, she's gorgeous. I've always been curious how people photograph either better or worse than how they look in real life. Camera obviously adores her.
    ...of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Love the second pic with the gloves.

I love Drew she looks gorgeous here. I really do like the cover!

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey Normal View Post
    When I see her in movies, I think that she's pretty. When she's photographed, she's gorgeous. I've always been curious how people photograph either better or worse than how they look in real life. Camera obviously adores her.
    ^I know right? Apparently I only photograph "alright" because I have numerous acquaintances tell me I'm "prettier in person," to which my initial reaction is..."Ummm thanks?" haha.

The brain doesn't need blood. It just needs to be kept wet.

Well the camera is 2D and real life is 3D. 2D is less detail, so harsh features in real life can work in a photograph because they're less prominent. Or someone with great features in person, can look less attractive in pictures, because the camera isn't capturing it. Some people look better in action, some don't. Then there's lighting, types of cameras, pixels, all goes into how the photo looks. Some people you can take 1000 photos of them and they look completely different in every one, which is apparently a quality of a good model. Some people will look the same, same facial expression, in every shot.

I used to wonder the same thing, but it makes sense.

Drew's definitely photogenic, but not so much on the screen. She has a weird mouth in action.
    You can also consider that most pictures go through some ediitng process before they're published in a magazine. Compare todays images from the 60's, for example, and the women were more au naturel. The photos were rougher. Now they're all glossy and there isn't a mark on their face. I preferred the old photo.

Thread Information