Thread: Charlotte Gainsbourg & Beck - Filter #39 Spring 2010

Default Charlotte Gainsbourg & Beck - Filter #39 Spring 2010

Just plain. Nothing special.

i want to lick beck all over.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

She is slightly overrated.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    Not as overrated as her dad, Serge, though.

I loved her in that movie she did with Gael Garcia Bernal "The Science of Sleep". And Bernal was brilliant.

Serge gets extra credit for being disturbing. Shame she didn't get her mom's looks. Imagine being Jane Birkin's daughter! That's worse than being
    Christie Brinkley's ugly daughter!

Anyway, ever since Beck joined Scientology, he's been pinging my gaydar.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Serge gets extra credit for being disturbing. Shame she didn't get her mom's looks. Imagine being Jane Birkin's daughter! That's worse than being
    Christie Brinkley's ugly daughter!
    I think one of Jane Birkin's daughters is Lou Douillon. I have to admit, Lou is not conventionally attractive, but I kind of like her (although I find people attractive for all kinds of strange reasons, so I'm not a good arbiter).

^^^^
    beck's a second generation $cieno. he was born into it.

more than slightly. this last album's great but it's all beck's doing. her previous stuff was mediocre at best. in a way, she's an actress even when she's being a singer - she can't do anything on her own and is dependent on the quality of the material and the person directing. in this case, with beck at the wheel, she made a great album.
    it's funny, this album is also beck's best work in years. i've been pretty underwhelmed by everything he's done since sea change...

charlotte's a great actress. and unlike christie brinkley's daughter, charlotte owns her looks and has gotten way over the fact that she's no supermodel. and as a result, she makes the best of her looks and that makes her quite sexy IMO. i know so many men who find her irresistible, even though she's as far as you can get from a conventional beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Not as overrated as her dad, Serge, though.
    shut your mouf! i love me some serge. i think a lot of it gets lost in translation though, especially the humour. of course not everything he did was great - but that's normal considering how prolific he was and how long his career was. but the man was utterly fearless and he wrote some amazing songs.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

A lot of his humor is your typical immature high school stuff, even if you do speak French. But he was revolutionary in many ways...
    -Bugdoll-

and he never claimed to be high-brow either. he made it look easy and his music was deceptively simple.
    and it was also all about the personality. sung by anyone else, a lot of the songs just wouldn't have worked.

Too bad he died so early, really. He was so productive, it was crazy. I adore Histoire de Melodie Nelson.

Looking back at him and Jane as a couple, they were so cool. No one even realizes today that all Kate Moss does, is copy Jane.
    -Bugdoll-

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^^^
    shut your mouf! i love me some serge. i think a lot of it gets lost in translation though, especially the humour. of course not everything he did was great - but that's normal considering how prolific he was and how long his career was. but the man was utterly fearless and he wrote some amazing songs.
    Here you go, Sputnik (the song that I hear in my head when I wake up in a cold sweat)!

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    ^^^^
    Here you go, Sputnik!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xlFlkN2V7_I[/youtube]

YouTube - Serge Gainsbourg - Sea Sex and Sun

i love that video. he was so drunk.

Thread Information