Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "The Next Generation of Hollywood's Leading Men" - Details Magazine - March 2010

Default "The Next Generation of Hollywood's Leading Men" - Details Magazine - March 2010

The Next Generation of Hollywood's Leading Men
    By David Walters,
    Photographs by Kevin O'Brien

NAME: Hunter Parrish
    HOMETOWN:
    Plano, Texas
    YOU'VE SEEN HIM:
    As Melchior in the Tony Award-winning Broadway musical Spring Awakening; in It's Complicated alongside Alec Baldwin and Meryl Streep.
    UP NEXT:
    A sixth season playing entrepreneurial young pot dealer Silas Botwin on the Showtime hit Weeds.
    WILL WORK FOR FOOD:
    "My first job was a commercial for Ball Park Fun Franks. I had to hang upside down—this was before CGI, so I literally had to hang upside down—and they cut my head open and my brain fell out."
    OCCUPATIONAL HAZARD:
    "When Weeds first started, people who weren't sure why they recognized me would ask me for marijuana—because they just knew, for some reason, I would have it."
    WHAT HE'S WEARING:
    Suit and pocket square by Armani Collezioni. Shirt by Burberry London. Tie by Burberry Prorsum. Belt by Louis Vuitton.

NAME: James Badge Dale
    HOMETOWN: New York City
    YOU'VE SEEN HIM: On the third season of 24; in Martin Scorsese's The Departed.
    UP NEXT: HBO's World War II mini-series The Pacific; AMC's newest political-drama series, Rubicon; Robert Redford's The Conspirator, a film about the Lincoln assassination.
    WHY WAR IS HELL: "While filming The Pacific in Australia, we were doing these field exercises, crawling around, and there were all these toads. The next day, just as a side note, they yelled to us, 'Yeah, don't touch the toads. They're poisonous. They'll kill you.' "
    WHAT HE'S WEARING: Suit by Etro. Shirt by Spurr. Tie by Louis Vuitton. Belt by Trafalgar.

NAME: Dave Franco
    HOMETOWN: Palo Alto, California
    You've seen him: As privileged med student Cole Aaronson on Scrubs. Oh, and you may have heard of his older brother, James.
    UP NEXT: Noah Baumbach's Greenberg, with Ben Stiller; opposite Zac Efron in Burr Steers' coming-of-age drama The Death and Life of Charlie St. Cloud.
    ON ALMOST BEING RECOGNIZED: "I got mistaken for myself at a Starbucks once. This guy came up to me and said, 'Hey, man, you look a lot like that guy, James Franco's little brother, Dave.' And I was like, 'Pssshhh. Man, that fool? That guy sucks.' "
    WHAT HE'S WEARING: Suit by Ermenegildo Zegna. Shirt by Paul Smith. Belt, stylist's own.

NAME: Liam Hemsworth
    HOMETOWN: Phillip Island, Australia
    YOU'VE SEEN HIM: As an MIT student in the Nicolas Cage thriller Knowing; in the pages of Us Weekly, for reportedly dating Miley Cyrus.
    UP NEXT: Opposite Cyrus in Nicholas Sparks' teen drama The Last Song.
    ROLES HE HOPES YOU'LL NEVER SEE: "I played a paraplegic on a show called Neighbours. Just turned up on set, sat in a wheelchair. The producer came up to me one day and said, 'We have to cut around that entire scene because your leg was moving.' "
    ROLE HE REALLY HOPES YOU'LL NEVER SEE: "I did another show called Satisfaction, about upper-class prostitutes. I played a 16-year-old who hires a prostitute. I was butt naked in front of 50 people, which is totally comfortable."
    WHAT HE'S WEARING: Suit by BOSS Black. Shirt by Ascot Chang.

NAME: Ben Hollingsworth
    HOMETOWN: Brockville, Ontario
    YOU'VE SEEN HIM: Opposite Mischa Barton in Ashton Kutcher's quickly canceled CW series The Beautiful Life.
    UP NEXT: Playing David Duchovny and Demi Moore's son in The Joneses.
    ON THE TAO OF DUCHOVNY: "We'd be sitting in our chairs on set, and he'd say, 'Watch this, kid,' and get up and literally do nothing. Just complete silence on camera. And then he'd come back and say, 'Did you see that?'"
    AN OFFICER AND A THESPIAN: "I was once in a theater production of A Few Good Men. I shaved my head, gained 30 pounds of muscle, and was walking around town in dog tags—I got a little Method. People came up to me and were like, 'Thank you for all you do.' And I'm like, 'Oh, you saw the show?'"
    WHAT HE'S WEARING: Suit by Hermès. Shirt by Robert Geller.

NAME: Luke Evans
    HOMETOWN: Aberbargoed, Wales
    YOU'VE SEEN HIM: If you're a West End regular, he's starred in London productions of Taboo, Avenue Q, and Rent.
    UP NEXT: Louis Leterrier's Clash of the Titans, playing Apollo alongside Sam Worthington and Liam Neeson.
    THE DOWNSIDE OF PLAYING A GOD: "I had long hair extensions down my back. I looked like some travel agent selling a package vacation to Torremolinos. I was very uncomfortable. I don't know how women do it."
    MORBID EARLY GOAL: "When I was a teenager, I was fascinated with forensic pathology. When they asked me where I wanted to intern, I said a mortuary. They sent me to an interior-design shop instead."
    WHAT HE'S WEARING: Tom Ford.

NAME: Johnny Simmons
    HOMETOWN: Dallas
    YOU'VE SEEN HIM: Opposite a demonic Megan Fox in Jennifer's Body; in Frank Miller's comic-book film The Spirit.
    UP NEXT: Playing a teen coping with a family tragedy in The Greatest, with Carey Mulligan and Pierce Brosnan; appearing with Michael Cera in Edgar Wright's Scott Pilgrim vs. the World.
    BAD INFLUENCES: "The Simpsons was as bold as it got in my house. I grew up in a Southern Baptist conservative family. Have you ever watched Summer Heights High on HBO? I brought that home and it almost brought the house down."
    ON LOOKING REALLY YOUNG FOR HIS AGE: "It's helped me get younger roles. That's a positive. But when I'm buying beer it's no good at all."
    WHAT HE'S WEARING: Blazer by Kenneth Cole. Shirt by Steven Alan. Jeans by Levi's. Pocket square by Tom Ford.

The Next Generation of Hollywood's Leading Men: Movies + TV: Details

"Tão estranho carregar uma vida inteira no corpo, e ninguém suspeitar dos traumas, das quedas, dos medos, dos choros."
    Caio Fernando Abreu

Really dig that first suit.

Oh my god Dave Franco's eyebrows need to die.
    "A true whore just loves her life." - Sluce

Quote Originally Posted by cmmdee View Post
    Really dig that first suit.
    that was my first thought too, silas botwin's suit is fantastic. though i'm not too sure about the tie and the pocket square.
    james badge dale is hot. the rest don't really do anything for me.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

That Liam kid would get it

So, where are the pictures of these men?
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

Quote Originally Posted by HWBL View Post
    So, where are the pictures of these men?
    Exactly!!
    ...of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

They're not men yet, but I'm open to any young, up and coming actor with potential and a handsome face. Hey, Warren was 22 or 23.

I did notice Hunter Parrish in It's Complicated. He looks like David Bowie. As for the other one's, sorry but what's with their noses? All terrible noses. They'll probably become character actors. The Franco kid is fug but his brother is pretty.

Uhm. No.

Except for maaaaybe the first kid. (especially in another 10 years)

And some of these "boys" are definitely old enough to be looking more like men. But I see plenty of ordinary dudes that are 19-early twenties who look hot and look like MEN.

I guess I'll have to ride out this tide in Hollywood of girly boys = "hot"
    My Posts Have Won Awards. Can Any Of You Claim The Same? -ur_next_ex

"I don't have pet peeves. I have major psychotic fucking hatreds, okay". ~George Carlin

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    They're not men yet, but I'm open to any young, up and coming actor with potential and a handsome face. Hey, Warren was 22 or 23.

I did notice Hunter Parrish in It's Complicated. He looks like David Bowie. As for the other one's, sorry but what's with their noses? All terrible noses. They'll probably become character actors. The Franco kid is fug but his brother is pretty.
    what's wrong with noses? i hate pretty little noses on men.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post

My remark had nothing to do with age. It had to do with type. I don't see any
    manly material in these pics.
    Warren Beatty: actor, director, writer, producer.

***** celeb

let me guess what that 'type' would look like. something like this?

I think Hunter and Liam are pretty cute.

James Badge Dale seems like a pretty versatile actor. He was like some partner of Kiefer Sutherland's on "24". Came across as a tough, military kind of guy. Then, he was in that kind of surprise chaotic scene near the end of "The Departed". I would have never recognized him if I hadn't seen the credits.

It will be interesting to see how he does in "The Pacific" -- I don't think its predecessor, "Band of Brothers", launched a lot of careers, even though it was really good.

Dave Franco looks hotter than his brother

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information