Thread: Jessica Alba, Siempre Mujer, March 2010

Default Jessica Alba, Siempre Mujer, March 2010

Jessica Alba sat down with Siempre Mujer . Although Jessica is biracial, she did not grow up speaking Spanish."I know the basics, but I just hired a professor that specializes in Hispanic studies to teach me and Honor. God knows that I wish I was raised bilingual. But it wasn't to be."

Jessica talked about when she was first asked about being a Latina at the age of 18 (I'm assuming she was questioned by Mexican journalists).
    "I tried to explain to them that in this country I'm considered Latina and, thus, I consider myself Latina as well. I grew up eating enchiladas. Even more, in my house the only American-style dish we ate was spaghetti with ground beef. I identify with Mexicans. It’s in my blood whether or not I speak Spanish. [But] I didn't want to misrepresent Latinos and I didn't know how to defend myself. But I went to my room and I cried all night. Since then, I've preferred not to comment on the subject."

So what's led Jessica to speak out about her Mexican heritage now?
    "I want to make movies in Spanish…There are so many interesting themes and stories that are worth sharing, like the lives of immigrants, for example. There's a whole world that hasn't been sufficiently explored and I want to be part of it…The violence on the Mexican borders, the political upheaval in Venezuela and Bolivia and the drug trafficking in Colombia."

It does sound like there are some interesting things to explore there and possibly some great roles for Jessica! She'd have to really challenge herself.
    "In my house, all of the women surrounding me were strong and decisive. My grandmother and mother and incredibly confident. I'm a little more timid. But I think I'm strong, too. It's a good balance, I think. I like confident people."

Why did she fall in love with Cash Warren?
    "It's because he doesn’t take life so seriously. Just like me. I couldn't be with someone who couldn't laugh at themselves. We have a good life."

What does she want Honor to learn?
    "To respect her elders. And to ask for their blessing regardless of their age."

Jessica even shared a little about her upbringing.
    "I grew up in a very Catholic and conservative environment, in which you felt guilt ridden, as if you did something wrong you would end up in hell. Thankfully, I don't believe that anymore. But if my grandmother see me in panties in a movie, she gets really mad. Up until I was 18 years old, I was certain I was going to burn in hell."
    Jessica Alba Reconnects With Her Mexican Heritage | ImNotObsessed.com
    Last edited by mb86; February 4th, 2010 at 03:49 AM.

She looks pretty here but I am not interested to what she has to say.

Hot. And I love the skull/bones necklace.

Thread Information