Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nude Model Goes Un-Airbrushed on Marie Claire cover

Default Nude Model Goes Un-Airbrushed on Marie Claire cover

Jennifer Hawkins poses nude with no airbrushing (NSFW)

Miss Universe 2004 and model Jennifer Hawkins agreed to pose nude and un-airbrushed on the cover of February's Australian Marie Claire, but some are slamming the magazine's anti-Photoshopping efforts, claiming Hawkins does not represent real women.

Editor Jackie Frank told The Australian that the images were inspired by a survey of 5500 readers, which showed that only 12 percent of women were truly happy with their bodies. Marie Claire put Hawkins on the cover to make a positive statement about body image and the photographs of Hawkins will be auctioned later this month, with the proceeds donated to the Butterfly Foundation, an eating disorders support group.

In the interview, Hawkins says, "I'm not a stick figure--I thought it would be great to tell women to just be themselves and be confident."

But the cover sparked an outcry from Marie Claire readers such as "She wants to make [women] feel more comfortable about how they look, gee thanks, I now feel worse! I'm a size 10 and I still have more rolls than her!" and "If anything is going to have me running to the toilet with my finger down my throat it's a picture of Jennifer Hawkins naked."

The Butterfly Foundation's general manager Julie Parker pointed out Hawkins flaws, including her dimpled thigh, creased waist and skin-tone changes. Parker told The Age that photographing an average Australian woman wouldn't have worked.

"The thing is unfortunately it doesn't make the same point, because Jennifer sells magazines and she creates awareness. If 'Marie Claire' had chosen to put on their cover an ordinary women, say myself or a friend of yours, it would not have created the awareness it does."

Nude Model Goes Un-Airbrushed On Marie Claire Cover (PHOTO)
    Last edited by Wiseguy; January 6th, 2010 at 09:33 PM.

This should make a TON of women angry! The girl is FLAWLESS!
    "My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat your children. Praise be to Allah." TEAM MILEY!!

Good for her doing that

but some are slamming the magazine's anti-Photoshopping efforts, claiming Hawkins does not represent real women.
    well, duh! that's why she's a model and not a cashier at the local supermarket.

But the cover sparked an outcry from Marie Claire readers such as "She wants to make [women] feel more comfortable about how they look, gee thanks, I now feel worse! I'm a size 10 and I still have more rolls than her!" and "If anything is going to have me running to the toilet with my finger down my throat it's a picture of Jennifer Hawkins naked."
    are you fucking serious?? so basically she's saying that she can't stand the sight of women who are better looking than her because they make her feel like ugly dog shit so she's going to develop an eating disorder? it's not just models. you'll see people in real life who are better looking. i wonder what she does, run away screaming?

what do these people want? ugly dogs on the cover of magazines to make them feel better about themselves?

i think the chick on the cover looks great. the only thing i don't like is that she's a little too tan but she has a beautiful body. i actually think it looks better than the super airbrushed pictures.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

^ I agree. She looks great.

In Benedict Cumberbatch's Velvet Tuxedo, USA

She is beautiful!
    “You never know what's around the corner. It could be everything. Or it could be nothing. You keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you look back and you've climbed a mountain.” - Tom Hiddleston

Rockin body.

It's much sexier than the plasticized, air-brushed bodies. Her skin looks like something you'd want to touch.

I wonder how many of the guys who do air-brushing for a living have only had sex with blow-up dolls and get their standards of beauty from them? Something to think about.

Really nice body. I like that they didn't photoshop her skin to look all waxy and smooth like a cartoon. Her tan is uneven but thats how most people would photograph in terms of skin color. And seriously, those women Sputnik posted are crazy. She's a model, she wouldn't need much photoshop to take off the fat anyway - what do you expect it to look like! Anyone who gets upset over pictures like this is certifiable and needs professional help. To want to stick your finger down your throat at the sight of a model is beyond disturbing, get some help.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

I really like how her skin doesn't look fake! I wish more pictures were less or un-photoshopped.
    here I am, rock you like a hurricane.

She looks amazing! I think some women feel better about themselves when they see a pic like this, and they can say "well, you know she doesn't really look like that in real life. She's photoshopped to death." it sucks to know that she really does look this good even without Photoshop cause they don't have any excuses.
    Somebody blow Mel Gibson Already- Michael K

I love her tan. Pale is so last decade. Bring on the colour!

I remember growing up in Italy as a little girl, the magazines would have pictures of beautiful women and also more normal looking women (in parenting magazines my mom got for example.) I remember seeing goose-bumps, uneven skin, tiny hairs, body hair and thinking, oh that's what normal skin looks like when you photograph it. It made all my imperfections seem like some version of normal.

I'd say knowing the truth about Photoshopping is most important for young people in the formative years but even as adults, insecurity is rampant and you really internalize that stuff. I like the trend of going back to natural/reality and using less Photoshop.

Wow she looks gorgeous, I think this was a really good call. I agree with y'all that her skin looks beautiful too. More mags should do this!
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Elite Member

well, duh! that's why she's a model and not a cashier at the local supermarket.
    And not just a model, but a former Miss Universe as well. If anyone should look gorgeous without airbrushing, it's her. She's stunning.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information