Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NSFW Allure "nude" issue-May 2009

Default NSFW Allure "nude" issue-May 2009

To prove that she's comfortable in her own skin, Top Chef host Padma Lakshmi struck a sexy pose for the annual nude issue of Allure. It's hard to believe that the 38-year-old reality star and cookbook author is pushing forty. Of her shoot, Lakshmi said, "I don't have any stigma attached to my body. When I'm in my own private space, I have very little on."

Talk show host Chelsea Handler showed off a few of her favorite things in the shoot: her breasts. The 34-year-old bragged, "My boobs are good. They're real and perky. Even if you can't see them, the important thing is that I know about them, and the guys I've slept with know about them."

Eliza Dushku confessed to the mag, "I'll strip down to my underwear and my Ugg boots when I eat lunch in my trailer." And because I'm sure you guys are curious, I'm actually naked while I write this post. Naked, except for a top hat, cane and tap shoes. Cause that's the only way to get through a Monday morning.

Nude Padma Lakshmi, Eliza Dushku & Chelsea Handler In 'Allure' - Socialite Life
    eat a hot bowl of dicks.

Who's the brunette in the last picture?

They've all been so airbrushed I couldn't even recognize Chelsea Handler and barely Eliza Dushku.

Do most straight women really want to see this in a magazine? Where's the naked men? You buy a men's magazine, you get naked chicks. You buy a woman's magazine... more naked chicks.

Quote Originally Posted by DitaPage* View Post
    Do most straight women really want to see this in a magazine? Where's the naked men? You buy a men's magazine, you get naked chicks. You buy a woman's magazine... more naked chicks.
    It's been a tradition for Allure for about 8 or 9 years now. Every May issue. As a straight guy, I have to admit, I eagerly anticipate it. It kind of reminds me of the Pirelli calendar -- famous actresses or models, posing in almost nothing.

I'm not sure what women think about it, though. By the way, every month, thousands of guys buy muscle and fitness magazines with virtually naked guys in them. Maybe it's a wish-fulfillment thing.

I might have to start buying Men's Fitness magazine
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

I didn't recognize Chelsea either. She's really airbrushed.

I really don't care for these, the second one - the blond is the best IMO but despite them being nude I don't sense an ounce of sexiness from any of them. They are all so posed, stiff and airbrushed they might as well be mannequins.
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    I might have to start buying Men's Fitness magazine
    Me too.

Yeah, bullshit---so brushed and 'shopped you can't even recognize them. I know from seeing Chelsea Handler on TV that she is NOT a skinny hard-body. Yeah, and you might see guys virtually naked in some fitness mags, but they're not sexualized in the same way.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    Yeah, bullshit---so brushed and 'shopped you can't even recognize them. I know from seeing Chelsea Handler on TV that she is NOT a skinny hard-body. Yeah, and you might see guys virtually naked in some fitness mags, but they're not sexualized in the same way.
    I think that's because the typical mindset in these photos is that the male is the aggressor and that the woman is submissive, and the poses for the photos follow from that. However, photos from both types of magazines are fodder for fantasies.

I remember reading a while ago that muscle magazines were initially really popular with the gay male community, and that Weider and other publishers had to bend over backward to cultivate a more heterosexual image (although I don't remember what the approach was).

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    I think that's because the typical mindset in these photos is that the male is the aggressor and that the woman is submissive, and the poses for the photos follow from that. However, photos from both types of magazines are fodder for fantasies.

I remember reading a while ago that muscle magazines were initially really popular with the gay male community, and that Weider and other publishers had to bend over backward to cultivate a more heterosexual image (although I don't remember what the approach was).
    I guess it's rare in the male fitness magazines to have topless guys bending over, fixing cars, or covered in oil, or anything remotely 'sexualised'. I guess they just...stand there. I wouldn't know, I've never bought one, but that's my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by levitt View Post
    I guess it's rare in the male fitness magazines to have topless guys bending over, fixing cars, or covered in oil, or anything remotely 'sexualised'. I guess they just...stand there. I wouldn't know, I've never bought one, but that's my guess.
    A long time ago, that wouldn't have been far from the case (they are still covered in copious oil, though). However, Joe Weider (the founder of most of these magazines) had determined that the gay following was getting out of hand. So, he assiduously avoided from that point on any photos that made the guys look submissive or had a "come hither" look.

And the guys are all topless. Hundreds and hundreds of oily topless guys with their nipples pointed straight downward because their upper pecs are so overdeveloped.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    A long time ago, that wouldn't have been far from the case (they are still covered in copious oil, though). However, Joe Weider (the founder of most of these magazines) had determined that the gay following was getting out of hand. So, he assiduously avoided from that point on any photos that made the guys look submissive or had a "come hither" look.

And the guys are all topless. Hundreds and hundreds of oily topless guys with their nipples pointed straight downward because their upper pecs are so overdeveloped.
    The pointing down nipples does not sound attractive!

SVZ

how is this remotely heterosexual?

Quote Originally Posted by SVZ View Post

how is this remotely heterosexual?
    That is NOT attractive. It certainly doesn't do it for me. Not only do I prefer my men slightly less muscular, can you imagine how many hours he spends a day working out? And how much money on steroids? Worst. Boyfriend. Ever.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information