Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Would You Stay At? Thread

definitely not my style.
    i would pass.

makes me feel closed in
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Default Do you like the look of Humlegård House?

Humlegård House is the stark-looking, year-round residence of a former Finnish TV documentary producer. He moved to this house, located in the town of Fiskars, 78 kilometers west of Helsinki, from a central-Helsinki heritage apartment. Many aspects of Humlegård, especially its placement to respond to the forces of nature, resemble the owner’s childhood home, a large country manor in central Finland.

Designed by Kimmo Friman of Friman Laaksonen Architects of Helsinki, Humlegård House is situated on a small, flat hill so that the north-south line runs diagonally through the building. This is the traditional way of placing a building so that it functions optimally as an energy efficient and comfortable dwelling in the harsh, Finnish climate. Protection from the wind and maximum use of sunlight are primary considerations, and the placement of rooms is as much dependent on how much the room needs heat and daylight as it is on how the residents use each space.

The floor plan resembles the layout of a traditional peasant farmhouse, split lengthwise into two. The house consists of three multi-function areas: two large living rooms linked by a loft with a bathroom and walk-in closet below.

In a typically Finnish fashion, the building appears simple, stark and utilitarian yet exudes a harmonious and stylish form & function sensibility. The owner and architect selected each building material carefully, opting for traditional, natural materials. “I did not want materials of which we did not have decades of experience,” said the owner. Horizontal spruce board – left untreated for maximum structure breathability -- is the main feature of the interior.

The spruce-clad outer facade weathers into a beautiful gray color that matches the stark surroundings. The east-facing facade is clad with galvanized corrugated-steel that protects the wall from rain and sun and also reflects excessive sun away in the summer. The placement of windows was determined by the requirements of the interior spaces. A separate, tiny log sauna, also designed by Friman, was built later east of the main building. By Tuija Seipell

Yes, very much
    He who knows does not speak.
    He who speaks does not know.
    Lao-tzu

Honestly, the exterior looks like a glorified trailer to me.

^ I thought the same thing.

Default Would you stay on Fregate Island, Seychelles?

Frégate Island Private, magical as Peter Pan’s Neverland, has the maxim of exclusivity and the preservation of its unique nature; with seven fine sandy beaches, a tropical jungle, 16 villas – that’s exactly what you’ll receive.
    Located on the north-eastern coast of Frégate Island, the villas sit overlooking the stunning beaches of Anse Macquereau and Anse Bambous. Every effort has been made to create a ‘private island experience’ where luxury and serenity is afforded all.
    The resort’s conservation programme allows guests to marvel at some of the rarest flora and fauna on the planet. The island’s Rock Spa lies within 4,500 square metres of spectacular natural surroundings, while the private marina with its fleet of boats allows for any water sport imaginable. Creative cuisine is served at any location, including the island’s seven beaches, tree house, or even within its vast jungle.

A 20-minute helicopter flight from Mahé International Airport.

Things to enjoy

2 restaurants, Rock Spa, 2 swimming pools, PADI Dive Centre, marina, water sports, big game fishing, fitness centre, tennis, nature walks, mountain biking, bird watching, helicopter sightseeing flights, cooking classes, hydroponics, cigar lounge, museum, vast collection of fine and rare spirits, hotel library, gift shop.

Default Would you stay at Art Deco Hotel Montana?

The Art Deco Hotel Montana is situated in a quiet residential area, overlooking Lake Lucerne and its surrounding mountains, yet only a two minute walk from the historic town centre and lake promenade.
    Alexandre Dumas’ description of Lucerne as ‘a pearl in the world’s most beautiful oyster’ still holds true. The hotel stands majestically above the lake shore. Built in 1910 in the grand manner, it is a celebration of Art Deco with a twist of bravura design. It has every luxury including its own funicular to the lake side!
    Besides culinary delights you can also enjoy fantastic panoramic views from most rooms and the restaurants Scala and Terrasse. The Louis Bar is famous for its high life, jazz music and whisky selection.

not very art deco.. and really.. Interiors by Ikea? Bleh.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I think it looks like shit and I live in Finland not so far from Fiskars.

Yes! I love islands and white sands and nature walks.

That's beautiful! I'd stay there.

*cries*

i want to LIVE there
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

*swats Grimm* MINE!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

i'll live on one side, you can have the other

Thread Information