• Maybe, I like the idea of it

19 34.55%
  • No way, I would miss home too much

9 16.36%
  • Other

1 1.82%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Would/could you emigrate?

Interesting thread! I think I would be willing to emigrate, as long as my husband and I could buy a decent house in a nice neighbourhood and get good jobs. I like my security . My hubby is actually an emigrant, he came here from the USA and he loves Scotland. It's a beautiful place to live, but when you go about two hours south the cities are dirty and riddled with crime and horrible people. Of all the places i've visited so far I would gladly move to the USA (but only to a really nice part), or Italy if I could speak the language. I've also visited The Netherlands, France, Spain and Germany and although they were amazing places to visit I don't think I'd like to stay there. My other half and I really fancy a holiday in Australia but I'm kind of scared that we'd fall in love with the place and want to move there!
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Gold Member

i live in my hometown, five minutes away from where i grew up. i don't think i'll ever leave, i love it here

I have emigrated. Each time I have loved it, I have great experiences, but I am comforted by the fact that its not forever each time, so I'm never sad. Could I permanently leave America? No. But I love having these great experiences while I am still young enough to do so, knowing that eventually we'll settle down in the home that we love in the US.
    Women ain't gonna let a thing like sense fuck up their argument. - Chris Rock

Elite Member DoveFeatheredRaven's Avatar

I could do it but it depends on the country. My SO could have taken a transfer to either China or South Africa with his job this summer. I wasn't willing to go to either of those places. I know I wouldn't be happy there. England is an option simply because my SO is from there. We have visited his family in England loads of times. I "think" I could learn to be happy there but I think I would miss certain things about America, namely that the cost of living here in the South is a LOT less than in England. I would be willing to give it a try if I knew I could find a job and we wouldn't be financially strapped. I am with others who think Canada sounds great.
    Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin

pretending to be a lurker but I'm not quiet enough

Canada is great! I have officially emigrated here, I'm a landed immigrant.

Like many others I do like adventure and the experience of living overseas. My first time was moving to New Zealand by myself at the age of 15. Wasn't anything like heaven on earth but it was a valuable life lesson.

I'd love to move to the US (except your health care system scares the crap outta me!), LA and Texas seem very interesting to me.

If you think it's crazy, you ain't seen a thing. Just wait until we're goin down in flames.

I could so do it. I really want to move to another country.

I moved from Australia to Singapore. It's been alot of fun, we could have moved to the US but to me it didn't seem like it would be that different to Australia and i wanted to experience something new.

Singapore is great in that english is spoken (well... singlish :p ) I think going to a country where you do not understand the language would be tough. perhaps in 5 years I would be interested in moving again, perhaps Shanghai or to the US - every-one raves about Dubai - but i don't know. Lots of asia interests me, Philippines, Korea, China I could probably all move to. I really like warm weather so I don't think I would like UK/Europe - but never say never.

Life is short - do what you enjoy and be where you love.

I would really like to move to Australia.

We moved to Barcelona Spain for a year. Beautiful place to visit, but living there is completely different and just not for me.

I was so intensely homesick living out of the U.S. I've gotten so used to everything in America I felt completely like a fish out of water in Spain, even though I spoke Spanish. Also, I didn't have a job (we went there for hubby's job) and I'm a hermit by nature so that didn't help my feelings of isolation.

I grew up on a naval base in Italy and had many Euro summer vacations, so Europe wasn't exactly new to me. On the contrary, I felt like I'd already been there and done that, so I wasn't that interested, just ready to go home.

I like traveling for short visits, but I'm not a traveler, if that makes sense. There's just no place like home for me; the U.S. is what I know, where I'm comfortable, and where I feel my roots are. At this point in my life, I am so tired of moving, laying down roots is where it's at.

I ve lived for 2 years in Mountain Vew,Cal..immigrant of course.
    I was young and very homesick and life there was sooo different,so i came back home..
    I ve travelled a lot since,spent time in France with relatives..
    No,it is Greece for me,not only because it is home,but because it is beautiful beyond words..
    I still plan to spend months here and there,tho..
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Book me a spot on the first plane to New Zealand. I'm ready to go.

I never been to Austraila but I have a feeling I'd love to live there. I don't hear about Austrailia having problems with war and stuff.
    I have been to England 3 times and could see myself living there.
    "Fashion is an art, but individuality is the key"

Gold Member

I was born and raised in the United States for the most part, but since my mom is French I have a French passport and I took advantage of it in my 20s, living and working in a handful of EU countries, mainly in France and the UK. I returned to the USA for good a few years ago and while I value my overseas experience, I don't want to emigrate. I never wanted my move to the EU to be permanent and I always intended to return to the US. It looks great on my resume though.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by moomies View Post
    I'd love to move to the US (except your health care system scares the crap outta me!), LA and Texas seem very interesting to me.
    I've lived here in Texas for about 60% of my life; it's home to me and I love it. There's no place like it. Visit sometime!

Exchanging glances with the cunty bitches

I've lived in the US my whole life, and I would jump at the opporunity to live in another country. I'm sure there's a lot of red tape to go through, but it would be well worth it.
    Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information