19 34.55%
  • No way, I would miss home too much

9 16.36%
  • Other

1 1.82%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Would/could you emigrate?

Quote Originally Posted by Corsair View Post
    Grimm the prospect of space is one of the things that appeals about Canada. California is fairly crowded to me.
    Yeah, see I couldn't do that. I live in a city of 4 million, but i know that 40 mins away I'm in farmland, and 4 hours to the north i'm in the middle of nowhere.

One thing I want to do is go up north, surrounded by nothing and canoe from the mouth of a river to the end, camping each night along the way. Just me, or maybe a couple other people and the vast wilderness
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Yeah, see I couldn't do that. I live in a city of 4 million, but i know that 40 mins away I'm in farmland, and 4 hours to the north i'm in the middle of nowhere.

One thing I want to do is go up north, surrounded by nothing and canoe from the mouth of a river to the end, camping each night along the way. Just me, or maybe a couple other people and the vast wilderness
    Oh, Grimm, I've done that, it was wonderful! There's a great paddle n camp route on 6 mile (or is it 9 mile) Lake just outside of the Muskokas (Hwy 400). I highly recommend it
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

Oooo... i dunno, i was thinking something MUCH more north, like in the ass of ontario to the west
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

in the ass of ontario to the west
    Hey now! You're right though, that area really is only good for the nature. I never want to live in Northern Ontario again, but it's terrific for hiking, canoeing and camping.

I would definitely emigrate. We're considering it as a possibility for two or three years down the road actually.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

If any more Canadians come here to say they're ready to fly the coop, Corsair might start to rethink her plans.

^ I love Canada, but I'd love to live elsewhere for a while, just for the experience. I'd probably want to come back at some point though.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

^Yeah, I was kidding, it just seemed like a disproportionate number of people responding were Canadians, including me. I am glad to have had the chance to live abroad. It has really enhanced my life and changed my outlook on a lot of things, but I would love to move back to Canada one day too.

LOL I think the Canadians are just wanting an adventure is all A change of scenery, a change of pace, to expand the horizons and see how other people live.

It's not a "omg i HATE canada, i can't wait to leave!" thing at all. We have it really good here, but Canadians tend to do a lot of travelling

^ not to mention it IS March, and therefore absolutely horrid in most parts of Canada at the moment.
    "In the face of the blinding sun, I wake only to find
    that Heaven is a stranger place than than one I've left behind." - SM

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    ......Canadians tend to do a lot of travelling
    So do Aussies. It's almost a rite of passage for kids to leave school and take a year backpacking around Europe before they go to uni. I think there's a deep need for people to return to their 'homeland' (even if they weren't born there) and discover their roots. Australia is a nation of immigrants so everyone has a connection to somewhere else. Unfortunately, many Aussies believe the tourist brochures and get a totally distorted and unrealistic idea about how quaint and amazing their country of origin is and when they actually get there it's a nasty shock. One of my Aussie cousins desperately wants to go to England to experience a white Christmas She actually believes those Christmas card images of stage coaches, carol singers, roaring log fires and 6ft of pristine white snow.......
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

awww.. she should go to Ottawa if she wants that

hey have sleighrides and most houses have a fireplace, and it usually gets lots of snow.

Has she thought of Vienna or some german town for that old timey xmas feel? I hear vienna is gorgeous during that time, out of a fairytale.

I'd be so homesick, I'd last about a day then go home. The only place I'd move to is Scotland, which isn't really moving much, as I live in England.

A*O

Homesickness is a state of mind. We keep inviting my SIL to visit from the UK but she absolutely refuses because Australia is "so far away". Well durrrr, that's the whole POINT? I've reassured her that we have electricity and indoor plumbing these days but her mind is totally closed. Her loss.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Well visiting a place is so different, that is OK. If someone invited me I'd enjoy that.

my nephew and his wife live in Australia (not sure what part). Actually think that would be an excellent place to visit. (And I'm not stupid enough to tease the crocodiles, thankyouverymuch)
    Don't worry about what other people think. They don't do it very often.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information