Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Worst country

Quote Originally Posted by Anne2007 View Post
    Oops sorry, I should have saved these descriptions for another thread.

They are both interchangeable. When I use them I mean a person that thinks they are the greatest but they are really a show pony. They can't see themselves as others see them. They are very self-centred/conceited/egotistical people but can't see it in themselves.

I often mutter tosser under my breath when a complete stranger crashes into me on the footpath.

I think tosser is less rude than wanker. Also tosser is more English and wanker in the way I use it is totally Australian. (Although if there are any English out there, I would be interested to know if you use wanker the was us Aussies do)

Sorry for my incomprehensible slang.
    Not at all,Anne! Just wondering. I thought a wanker was a pecker to you all. A tosser mystified me totally. I thought maybe a short pecker-but thought a tosser was worse than a wanker. Now I feel better knowing a tosser is better than a wanker. Would you say Grimm is a tosser or a wanker? I am trying to make sure I gage it correctly.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by Anne2007 View Post
    Oops sorry, I should have saved these descriptions for another thread.

They (tosser and wanker) are both interchangeable. When I use them I mean a person that thinks they are the greatest but they are really a show pony. They can't see themselves as others see them. They are very self-centred/conceited/egotistical people but can't see it in themselves.
    Wow. An Aussie/Brit way of describing my landlady to an absolute T.

Gold Member

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Not at all,Anne! Just wondering. I thought a wanker was a pecker to you all. A tosser mystified me totally. I thought maybe a short pecker-but thought a tosser was worse than a wanker. Now I feel better knowing a tosser is better than a wanker. Would you say Grimm is a tosser or a wanker? I am trying to make sure I gage it correctly.
    Grimm is a sweetie and strikes me as a very thinking person. I am yet to find a tosser on this board. Even when you disagree then is no tosser behaviour displayed.

The posters I read on this board are very articulate and intelligent. Even when their opinions are different to mine. I love the way you all express myself and I am in awe.

Such a welcoming board. Now please stop me from taking you all off topic as I am a terrible chatterbox when I get started.

Glad no one's said England yet....

I am more worried that I might be a tosser. Or worse a wanker and even my best friends won't tell me. England can fend for herself!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Gold Member

^^In my expert opinion you are definitely not a wanker or tosser. Unless you are radically different in your normal life than on these boards.

I think if you were you wouldn't have too many real friends.

Elite Member

Anne2007, thanks for replying to my question asking for an explanation around Tall Poppy Syndrome. I used to follow the board of a popular Australian artist and the term was thrown around there all the time. I didn't have a clue what they were talking about.

On another topic, as a Canadian, I've always loved travelling south to the US on vacations. Every State is beautiful and - in my experience - the people are friendly. As I've gotten older though, I've become frustrated by the Americans' lack of knowledge about anyone and anything outside of their own borders so it's put me off a bit after my last few times there.

This clip speaks volumes about what I mean. It's an eye opener!
    YouTube - Rick Mercer - Talking To Americans

Hit By Ban Bus!

Pretty funny! But some of those items are obviously satire Definitely makes the point though.

Hell even Americans get disgusted by Americans. I no longer live in the burbs of L.A. for a definite reason. (Sorry L.A. suburbanites - but you know what I'm talking about!) Actually that could apply to any suburban area of this nation - and urban area too!

My ex is foreign and it drove him crazy how Americans don't care about anything outside of it unless it's to make money off or it and/or control it. Foreign people have always been very well-informed. Part of the reason for that is because they want to watch our every move - largely because they want to know what to expect.

Kind of like how we Americans should be scared shiteless of the Chinese right now. But we aren't.

Also, most Americans are fairly gullible. If a foreign visitor tells us something different than what we believe about his country, most will bow to what one would suppose was his superior knowledge. We also like to go along with a joke! We have so much going on within our own borders, sometimes it is hard to deal with just that. Mostly, I belive Grimm had it right-Canada's political events are boring by comparison-we catch up when there is a large scandal! That said, we have a fair share of morons. Always will, always have! Come vist us for our diversity,friendly people and good food. Maybe not political discussions! We might flunk a quiz on Canada's mores, but can like you on sight & serve any number of fabulous dishes, help you if you get a flat tire and point out any number of treasures for your pursal.
    Mostly, we will love you even if you don't love back.

Eli

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    OK-but what is a tosser?? and a wanker?
    You've never heard of 'wanker'?
    Just out of curiosity, are you over the age of 13?

P.S.: I love that last emoticon. I know it's meant to be a snickering one, but it looks like someone resting their hand against their chin to listen in intently. Hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by Allie View Post
    You've never heard of 'wanker'?
    Just out of curiosity, are you over the age of 13?
    Vastly over 13. Just and American Southener who has been carefully sheltered from Aussie slang but is breaking through! Just used "tosser" in another post this morning-have to work my way up to "wanker"! Anne is my Aussie Coach, I owe it all to her!

I'm more of a jackass and shit-disturber
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I think no-one has mentioned North Korea yet.

That has to be one of the worst places on the planet.

Well nobody can mention it because when they try they get sent to a gulag
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information