Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The world's worst tourists? The French

A*O

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Also, anyone wearing a fanny pack is just asking for the ridicule.
    Especially if you call it a fanny pack (Fanny means pussy and not the feline type here and in the UK).
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Honey View Post
    Meh, not all Brits are alcoholic twats

Well at least 1% of us

I was going to go with .01%, but I'll take your word for it.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Oh yeah, most American tourists are real caricatures... then again, who doesn't become a caricature of their own country when abroad?

Australians weren't mentioned? I guess there is not enough of us.

Quote Originally Posted by LaFolie View Post
    Oh yeah, most American tourists are real caricatures... then again, who doesn't become a caricature of their own country when abroad?
    i don't think it's necessary to become a caricature. i guess it depends on how you like to travel but i avoid other tourists. i avoid group tours and organised traveling and resorts and club meds and all that, and especially crap like those special dinner shows for tourists where they charge an arm an a leg for shitty dinner, watery drinks and a show consisting of crappy, pseudo-traditional folk dances. gag me.

and you can dress normally, it doesn't have to be khaki shorts and t-shirts and fanny packs or really sloppy clothes. you don't have to walk around with your map and guide book in hand. you don't have to talk really loudly and only eat at the touristy spots with guys standing outside luring tourists in and that have a menu in english or one of those that has menus in 5 different languages and charges you double what the non-touristy places charge, and where the food is twice as bad.
    as a friend of mine says, there is a difference between a traveler and a tourist.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I haaaate going to Quebec. DH has a lot of business there, so I often have to go at least twice a year, but I try hard to get out of it. If I'm ever feeling high and mighty about myself and need to be treated like shit, I just have to go to Quebec.

I find German tourists a hoot. I was once at a hockey game, a very heated one by Canadian standards and the German was very upset that we weren't more rowdy. Not quite sure what he expected considering it was a Leafs/Habs game to see who would get into the playoffs so very fiesty, but it was funny to see him disappointed at our apparent lack of enthusiasm.

I find most American tourists to be okay, it's just the older ones IME that are pushy. I've had to deal with pushy fellow at the zoo this week who tried to cut in line and then got pissy when I told him it was behind me, instead of cutting his losses, he then tried to cut in front of everyone else who was waiting in the proper line. Then yesterday a pair of old ladies from RI (I overheard them talking) tried to cut in front of my mother. My mother would never have any of that. The tourists then got pissy with the shop keeper because they couldn't tell the difference between a looney or toony ($1 and $2 for non Canadians).

I've never had a problem in Quebec, always had a great time.. then again, i was always polite and gave french a shot even if I mangled it

I would like to say that I'm horribly disappointed in new yorkers.. not ONE was rude, nobody shoved me out of the way, and many didn't really seem like they were in that much of a hurry. I also received many pleases and thank you's, to my disgust

I was expecting angst
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

I still can't get over the fact that they were selling 'Da Vinci Code' tourguides at the Louvre.. no wonder the French hate us..

^We don't hate you, we're jealous of you...

And btw, the Louvre has been commercial for a long time now: there's a shopping mall under it...

What a shame.. it seems like they're just catering to tourists now. I hate the Louve Pyramid, too.. it seems like such an eyesore.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    I've never had a problem in Quebec, always had a great time.. then again, i was always polite and gave french a shot even if I mangled it

I would like to say that I'm horribly disappointed in new yorkers.. not ONE was rude, nobody shoved me out of the way, and many didn't really seem like they were in that much of a hurry. I also received many pleases and thank you's, to my disgust

I was expecting angst
    Those New Yorkers! They will do anything just to ruin your day! I'm sorry,Grimm. At least they could have shot you the bird.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Quote Originally Posted by LaFolie View Post
    ^We don't hate you, we're jealous of you...

And btw, the Louvre has been commercial for a long time now: there's a shopping mall under it...

Ever since they put Pei's pyramid up, the place has gone to hell, so I've heard...the last time I was there everything was still pretty pristine, except Notre Dame. I was really offended that all the naves had gift shops in them. WTF is that all about?
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

^There are gift shops everyfuckingwhere...

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Especially if you call it a fanny pack (Fanny means pussy and not the feline type here and in the UK).
    You may be interested to know, so do we in the Deep South area I come from. It makes me giggle,too. Or as Mother would say 'The saddle area".
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Fanny means ass, and I'll try not to envision what a "pussy" pack would be like...talk about tacky...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information