Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The World's 10 best airports

My personal top ten of sucky airports would have to include Fumicino and Charles de Gaulle. And Newark though it doesn't even come close to the other two. Still, it was filthy!

Heathrow is ok. I've really seen much worse.

A*O

Denpasar (Bali) is craptastic too. It's WAY too small to cope with even one 747 full of happy holiday makers so when 4 flights arrive within a few minutes of each other you get almost 2000 people crammed into a small holding area with 2 bored immigration officials carefully perusing every single page of every single passport before allowing you through to collect your baggage which has been piling up in a corner ready for "porters" aka local hustlers to grab and carry 10yds to your "taxi" (hustler's brother in law) who will take you to your hotel via the "scenic route" that conveniently passes his cousin's wood carving shop where you stop for refreshments and an hour of hard sell for cheap, mass produced wood carvings all the while fighting off the attention of various female rellies offering foot massage and hair braiding... Welcome to Asia!

Auckland NZ has horrendous immigration queues too. Last time we went it took over 2 hours.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

I can't decide between Heathrow and Charles de Gaulle. Oh wait, yes I can, Heathrow because they lost my luggage every. single. time.

Quote Originally Posted by AliceInWonderland View Post
    yes^ dallas fortworth is the worst piece of shit ever constructed! what the hell were they thinking when they built that thing!/?
    Is that the one where all the gates are laid out in one long-ass line? So when you happen to arrive in a gate at one end and your connecting flight is invariably all the way at the other end, you have to pull a Flo Jo to make it on time?

A*O

Heathrow is a hell hole for sure and I agree about Paris CDG too. I think in both cases it's because they are way too small to cope with the volume of people passing through every day and it's made ten times worse with all the security checks these days. All airports suffer from that problem but at least if they are spacious and well designed the crowds and delays don't seem quite so bad. I'm sure that's why people get Air Rage - the whole experience of checking in, long queues, surly security people on a power trip, dirty lounges, drunks and bums everywhere... the list goes on.

My own particular gripe is too few immigration officers processing too many people. But I was told that's deliberate. They keep a careful watch on the queues at passport control looking out for known bad guys, nervous behaviour, etc so they can drag people off to a concrete bunker for interrogation and attach electrodes to their genitals.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

On my security check from Heathrow I got this guy who had a strong Italian accent. I could not understand a thing he was saying. I just answered no to everything.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information