Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where to spend a weekend

bologna. totally gorgeous and very underrated city. and it's the food capital of italy.

Bologna - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I suggest that you don't go to Cockermouth Wigton or the rest of the Lake District..... Not unless you can swim really really well....
    Free Charmed.

cockermouth is only the second funniest word or name i've heard in recent days. number one is still spatchcock.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Do you want something in a city-like atmosphere or something more quaint in the country?

The Italian Riviera is breathtaking.. I've never been but my aunt has and all her pictures were gorgeous. Venice, Rome, Tuscany seem amazing as well. The Greek Islands, Luxembourg, Budapest, Berlitz, Vienna (I've heard it's lovely in the spring), Amsterdam.... there are so many possibilities. I hope you guys have fun.

Italy is my number one destination. been there more then six time and i can (and will) go back over and over and over again. FANTASTIC.

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Lane View Post
    Do you want something in a city-like atmosphere or something more quaint in the country?
    we're gonna be there for 3-4 whole days so im looking for a city with attractions and stuff to see, culture, music, food, nice people. and we're gonna tour it by foot.
    im up for both quaint and city-like atmosphere.

i was also thinking lisbon, portugal. hows that sound?

lisbon is really pretty, the food is great, the weather is lovely and people are nice. you can also take a day trip from there to sintra and the estoril coast, which are just gorgeous.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Amsterdam is always good, if a bit crowded. I would actually go with Brussels if it's just for a weekend because it's walkable, the food is absolutely fantastic, there's some good art and fashion and it's close enough to Paris without being as pretentious. You also have the added bonus of seeing buildings that are still battle scarred from the last World War in tandem with some of the poshest properties in town, all just a block or two away from hooker-ville. Yeah, Brussels is the way to go.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

No Athens i see..well i ve been to most of the places suggested and i still say do Athens,for the sights ,the food ,the weather and people..
    "Effie is all kinds of awesome." - Some internet moderator

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    No Athens i see..well i ve been to most of the places suggested and i still say do Athens,for the sights ,the food ,the weather and people..
    I would practically KILL to see Greece before I die. Athens and Crete, Rhodes, and Santorini/Thera would be on the list.

My fucking friends in high school(who had money) went in the eighties and rented a cottage on a lone Greek Isle. God how I wish I had gotten money together and gone with them. They stayed there in rustic splendor for several weeks, with someone coming in with food and to clean and stuff. They had the whole damn beautiful island to themselves. God I wish I could go back in time.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Ay, I'm with you on that but for different reasons! Let me know if you find a time machine!
    Free Charmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    I would practically KILL to see Greece before I die. Athens and Crete, Rhodes, and Santorini/Thera would be on the list.
    Let's all meet at Effie's next spring!

(I've said that for how many years now?)
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Screw you,you are offered free house on a PERFECT place,a dream verandah and a beautiful beach under the cliff,a nice town near by with everything you wish for,plus many places of interest around and nooooooooo..and you re just a short flight away.
    Soj,just collect the tickets and booze money,leave the rest to me.
    That place is too beautiful to keep it to myself,luck helped me have it and it is only fair to share it,ask my friends..lol

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    Let's all meet at Effie's next spring!

(I've said that for how many years now?)
    Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    Screw you,you are offered free house on a PERFECT place,a dream verandah and a beautiful beach under the cliff,a nice town near by with everything you wish for,plus many places of interest around and nooooooooo..and you re just a short flight away.
    Soj,just collect the tickets and booze money,leave the rest to me.
    That place is too beautiful to keep it to myself,luck helped me have it and it is only fair to share it,ask my friends..lol
    If I can just lose a few more pounds and save some more money, I might just go(on the cheap) to Greece..if only briefly. My expenses are low right now and if I can save a bit more money over the winter....

Have you visited Zankinthos? What is it like? I saw something on it about having an earthquake along time ago. It looked like a perfect little Greek Island. The town looked very pretty between the sea and mountains. The islet my friends stayed on was small and had only one house on it, a little dock, and a small beach-and that was it. I cannot remember where it was though. They did go off a few times to go 'catting around' in some nearby town-small town but very 'lively' nightlife as I remember them saying.
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

It is Zakinthos Soj and it is one of the prettier islands,fairly big ,lots of nightlife and perfect in September when the hordes of tourists are almost gone.
    It has lots of quakes.like most of Greece,but they ve built sturdyly lately.
    Yes,i ve been there and what i ll never forget is the taste of the local tomatoes,more like a fruit than a vegetable..god my saliva is running..lol.
    There are many little ilands around with zero population,one that i ve been to is Gaidouronissi..(donkey island)
    Paradise on earth,i tell you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information