Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Where did you grow up/Where do you live?

Default Re: Where did you grow up/Where do you live?

I'm in Indiana.....the only cool thing about my town is that Axl Rose and Shannon Hoon are from here. Purdue University is here too but I don't care...the only thing to do here is go to all the campus bars...and I don't like to drink so I pretty much have no life.

Quote Originally Posted by calendargurl View Post
    Purdue University is here too but I don't care...the only thing to do here is go to all the campus bars...and I don't like to drink so I pretty much have no life.
    I agree completely with that statement. Whenever I am there visiting there is always such a struggle to figure out what to do, especially when I was underage and we couldn't go to the bars if we wanted to. We ended up going to see a lot of movies or just giving up and renting a movie and staying home.

Bronze Member

I was born and grew up in São Paulo, Brazil, the largest city in Latin America.

At 17 I moved to Auburn, Alabama (US) to attend college.

After graduation I moved back to São Paulo, and then after 3 years, I moved to Manaus, with is a 2 million inhabitant city right in the middle of the Amazon forest.

Born in San Francisco, CA, left when I was 3 months old. Raised in Aberdeen/Glasgow/London. Live in London.

Born in a small town in western Germany ( I had the chance to be born in Berlin but my mother wanted to be near her parents) moved to Berlin as an infant (lived next to the Berlin wall but on the "right" side). Moved back to the boring small town (Mc Donalds has yet to arrive) and stayed there

I grew up in Houston, Texas. I lived a block away from the elementary school, in a subdivision with a ton of other kids my age, and we used to all walk to school together. My mom was both PTA president and the leader of my Brownie troop and my dad was an attorney. We lived in a modest, one story, 4 bedroom 2 bathroom house, as did all of my friends. Everyone had money, but no one lived in these tacky McMansions like today, constantly trying to outdo each other. In the middle of our neighborhood was The Neighborhood Association, which consisted of a playground, a pool, tennis courts, and a clubhouse where the Neighborhood Women's Association would meet every month and vote on "Yard of the Month." (I'm not kidding) Every month, there was a block party, and in the summer, all of the kids swam on the neighborhood swim team. My mom still lives in the same house, but when my parents divorced my dad moved into a larger house about a mile away. I'm currently a college student, so I don't live in Texas anymore. When I start my own family, I'd like to return to Houston, or move to a suburb such as Katy or The Woodlands.

corpus christi, texas.... to San Antonio...woot.

Born in Plymouth, Devon. Moved to Southampton with my parents when I was 4 years old. Moved home 3 times within Southampton then eventually moved to a flat in London on my own when I was 23.

Met my wife a couple of years later, stayed in London. I still live in London now but travel up North frequently due to my work's new positioning.

I grew up in St.Catharines, Ontario, Canada. My parents still live in the same house, the one I grew up in. It's a small town in the Niagara region, close to Hamilton and an hour from Toronto. It's often called the Garden City because of its many fruit farms and orchards as well as grapes and wine making. Though I was often bored and wanted to leave when i was a teen, I have alot of nostalgic and happy memories.

My husband and I lived in NYC for 5 years. Our two daughters were born there and we moved to Los Angeles last year. We like it here so far. We're 4 miles from the beach so it's fun. But we're ready to get out of an urban area to settle in suburbia. OC here we come!!!

I grew up in Surrey (im ashamed to say) B.C, but i live in a community that was basiclly built for young couples back in the late 80's and early 90's and families which is good because it was like everyone knew everybody and the kids grew up together very close for a city of over 500,000. It's an okay place though there is a pond, a huge forest two elementary schools, a high school and two town plaza's all in walking distance from my house. And the beaut part is we live like 10 minutes away from the ocean and like 40 minutes away from Vancouver.

Born and raised just beyond the Beltway, halfway between Baltimore and DC. Spent the first 22 years of my life there and then moved to Miami Beach. Spent several years there and it was so bad I've almost blocked it out of my mind. I moved west and have lived in Orange County, California ever since. I'm 2 miles from the sand of the beach and can see the Pacific from my deck OC is a little too conservative for me, but it's one of the nicest, cleanest places I have ever been!

Born Gladstone, Qld, Australia - and i grew up in a variety of small towns across Queensland including Warwick (loved breaking the ice in the birdbath every morning in winter before school), Kingaroy (too much red dirt and heat) and now Beerwah (beautiful mountains and scenary but im kinda over the small community everyone knows me deal!). Only been outside of Queensland once and that was like only a few kilometres over the border to NSW. I gotta get out of Queensland!! my first trip outta Australia will be to England and Scotland to visit the rest of my family and visit the castles and cemetaries (i love looking at old graves).

From Oakland, California, moved to the mountains with my husband, lived above the snowline for 23 years, then moved to the Central Valley when my husband preferred my best friend. Growing up in Oakland/Berkeley was great, living in the mountains was great, now living in Sacramento is almost as great...
    This thread is interesting, lot of folks from different places, Yay!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information