Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: What's your favorite Disney Resort hotel in FL?

We rode through the Contemporary on the monorail when we were there a few weeks ago and it looked very nice, but I haven't stayed there. We stayed at Universal, but our next trip we will definitely be staying at a Disney property. I was not overly impressed with the experience we had at Universal.

Some friends went to the Contemporary a year or two ago. They thought it looked pretty run down. I've heard similar comments online. I guess the tower with the DVC rooms is the better part of the hotel.

Just made the final payment for our trip in October. We are there the one week they don't have the free dining plan. Dammit.

But how much fun will you have Bella??? Right?? Right?? Can't put a price on that!

We still haven't booked yet. Now we are thinking Moderate hotel. Meh, who knows.

Have a great time and be sure to report back'

Lynnie, I promise full details. Which moderate(s) are you considering?

Ack, we leave Friday morning and my boys both have high fevers and sore throats. Figures. Well at least it's better than having it happen while we're on the road I guess.

Oh man. Hope they recover quickly!

Bella, are you driving or flying?
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Driving. Why? Because we are insane!

My 4 year old has strep. At least we'll get antibiotics before we hit that road!

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post

My 4 year old has strep. At least we'll get antibiotics before we hit that road!
    That's always one of my biggest fears before we go on an expensive trip - sick kids. I hope that they recover quickly enough that they enjoy themselves and you keep your sanity.

I'm not sure I would ever spend much money on a Disney resort hotel. The hotel is pretty much where we keep our luggage and where we fall into bed exhausted after spending 12+ hours at a park.

Bella, has the new addition to Magic Kingdom been completed? It was supposed to be October of this year. It would be a bummer if you guys were there, and just missed being able to try out the area.

I'm not sure I've heard about a new addition. Do you mean the Art of Animation resort? Their Lion King suites opened this summer.

We've stayed in Orlando at other hotels before thinking the same thing...why spend the money? After our last trip 3 years ago, I was totally sold. The experience is almost like immersion (in a good way). Disney customer service permeates every single minute of the day which makes it worthwhile.

We had fully planned to do a value or moderate resort for budget reasons. We were lucky enough to get a 30% coupon which makes Animal Kingdom the same as a moderate. Woo!!

I'm not sure I've heard about a new addition. Do you mean the Art of Animation resort? Their Lion King suites opened this summer.
    Bella, we were there in Feb 2012. They had torn down that whole area at the far end of Magic Kingdom, where they had the Mickey and Minnie houses and the pavilion tent thing where you could do photo meets and greets with the fairies. All that is gone now.

In its place, they are putting several new rides/attractions. One is a ride that is something like a rollercoaster that goes through the seven dwarves' diamond mine. From the outside it looks like a giant mountain, with a mini Disney castle at the top. They also have some kind of theater thing for little kids. And something based on Beauty and the Beast, I think.

When we were there, the signs along the fence said that this area would be completed in October of 2012. However, it looks like this thing will be a rolling expansion with staggered completion dates. I'm not sure any of it will have been completed by the time you get there. Below is a sample list of the new attractions and when they'll be ready:

Under the Sea- Journey of the Little Mermaid
    Enchanted Tales with Belle
    Be Our Guest Restaurant
    The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
    Princess Fairytale Hall

I had two super sick kids at Disney last year__ so unfucking cool. It was awful.

Bella, hope everyone is feeling better very soon!! And safe travels!!!

Ugh, we just drove last month. Are you stopping or straight through? We stopped at a friend's house in Nashville on the way down, but we drove straight through on the way back. Got home at 330am. That was killer. At least the car was quiet after 10pm!

We stayed at a time share because I had a coupon for $250 for the week, so how do you pass that up? 3bd, 2 bath condo. It was awesome!
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Quote Originally Posted by MohandasKGanja View Post
    Bella, we were there in Feb 2012. They had torn down that whole area at the far end of Magic Kingdom, where they had the Mickey and Minnie houses and the pavilion tent thing where you could do photo meets and greets with the fairies. All that is gone now.

In its place, they are putting several new rides/attractions. One is a ride that is something like a rollercoaster that goes through the seven dwarves' diamond mine. From the outside it looks like a giant mountain, with a mini Disney castle at the top. They also have some kind of theater thing for little kids. And something based on Beauty and the Beast, I think.

When we were there, the signs along the fence said that this area would be completed in October of 2012. However, it looks like this thing will be a rolling expansion with staggered completion dates. I'm not sure any of it will have been completed by the time you get there. Below is a sample list of the new attractions and when they'll be ready:

Under the Sea- Journey of the Little Mermaid
    Enchanted Tales with Belle
    Be Our Guest Restaurant
    The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
    Princess Fairytale Hall
    Damn!! That was my daughter's favorite part too. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    I had two super sick kids at Disney last year__ so unfucking cool. It was awful.

Bella, hope everyone is feeling better very soon!! And safe travels!!!
    Thanks Lynnie. I think I remember you saying the kiddos were sick. No fun at all.

Quote Originally Posted by louiswinthorpe111 View Post
    Ugh, we just drove last month. Are you stopping or straight through? We stopped at a friend's house in Nashville on the way down, but we drove straight through on the way back. Got home at 330am. That was killer. At least the car was quiet after 10pm!

We stayed at a time share because I had a coupon for $250 for the week, so how do you pass that up? 3bd, 2 bath condo. It was awesome!
    We're telling the kids about the trip tomorrow morning. They have no idea we're going. We'll pick them all up by 2pm and try to drive to Nashville (or farther if we can) tomorrow night. We'll finish the trip on Saturday. I cannot imagine going straight through. You'd have to mainline Starbucks!
    LynnieD likes this.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread Information