Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: What's your favorite Disney Resort hotel in FL?

I want to go to the Animal Kingdom park when we are there in July, but someone was saying on another board that if it's too hot outside they don't put a lot of the animals out and that it's not a good park to visit in the summer. I was surprised because I thought these were primarily safari animals that live in hot climates. Does anyone know if there is any truth to that?

Also, do they have a lot of opportunities to interact with the animals, or is it primarily just like a zoo, where you can view but not touch?

Animal Kingdom is a glorified zoo. There is little to no opportunity to interact with any of the animals. There is a bird show where they will fly over your head and one or 2 people interact with them, but otherwise all of the animals are behind glass, cages, or some kind of other creative barrier designed to keep them from getting too close to the guests.

If it is hot out the animals are out, but they are usually in the shadowy, harder to see areas because they are trying to get out of the sun. When it's super hot out it is better to do AK in the morning before the sun is really hot, more chance the animals will be out and about.

Thanks, NoDay!

The Safari ride, or whatever its called at Animal Kingdom does get you up close to some animals (though, no guarantee of that). We saw some great animals really close---but it depends on many factors. If you go to AK, definitely give that a whirl SB--its worth your time imho.

we really liked the safari ride.
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

Default What Kinds of Freak-Nasty Things Go On in Disney’s Hyper Exclusive Private Club?

It's a big day for the world's most eccentric billionaires: Disney has announced plans to open up membership to its super secret exclusive restaurant/probable sex thing Club 33 for the first time in ten years.

100 people from the club's 800-person waiting list will receive embossed invitations inviting them to pony up the $25,000 initial membership fee.
    Subsequent dues: $10,000 annually.

Like many of the world's most exclusive restaurants, Club 33 is located smack in the middle of Disneyland's New Orleans Square. It was originally dreamed up by Walt Disney himself as a place to entertain dignitaries (Bobby Kennedy ate there) and only the highest class, most discreet of hookers.

According to non-official website DisneylandClub33.com (Club 33 has no official website because it is extremely exclusive, like a popular girl's Super Sweet 16 where you MUST show your rubber wristband at the door or you can NOT get in, this is NOT negotiable), this is what $25,000 gets you in Disneyland:
    • Access to the Club 33 restaurant, where shorts are verboten
    • The privilege of buying your child a meal that consists of a salad, a plate of chicken fingers, and a slice of chocolate cake for $59.00 plus applicable taxes
    • The ability to hobnob with celebs like Mickey Rooney and Mira Sorvino, both of whom have been spotted inside Club 33
    • A small glass vial filled with fake dust (Apparently, club members were recently granted a behind-the-scenes tour of the Haunted Mansion. Everyone got some fake dust.)
    • Entrance to the park one hour early, sometimes.
    • Said Disney Resort President George Kalogridi to the O.C. Register:
      "If you are coming to the resort, it's a great deal."
      Obviously there's more going on here than we're being told. The club does not give out the names of members nor, even, the number of members currently belonging. From this we can assume Bart Bass is almost certainly a member.
    There's also that name. People speculate the "33" comes either from the restaurant's official address ("33 Royal Street") or from the fact Disneyland had 33 corporate sponsors when the club was opened.But it's pretty clearly a reference to the highest degree of freemasonry because this is an Illuminati thing.

Here are some things that $25,000 should get you in Disneyland and, hey, maybe it does and maybe it doesn't, the club is super secret; we have no way of knowing:
    • A small glass vial filled with cocaine confiscated from the lockers of the popstars and Ryan Goslings of today, back when they were tweens filming the Mickey Mouse Club
    • Bi-annual sex parties featuring special guests Mickey Rooney and/or Mira Sorvino
    • A psychic reading with Allison DuBois, who can tell you when you will die
    • A plate of children's fingers for you to feed to your chicken because you are an eccentric billionaire
    • Entrance to the park one hour early, sometimes
    • Anything else?
    What Kinds of Freak-Nasty Things Go On in Disney
    All of God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

If I wanted the government in my womb I'd fuck a Senator

If I had ten grand to spend on vacations per year, very little of it would go to Disney.

Other amenities:

• Access to the steam room, where you can hob knob (and we mean that literally) with John Travolta
    • A guided tour through the salad bar by JT, who will offer to personally toss it for you
    • A private consultation with Marty Singer, who will explain to you why $5,000 will help you forget that all this happened.
    Just kidding, Marty!

Is this serious? Mickey fucking Rooney? Like I want to hang with Mickey Rooney for a 25K price tag?
    RELIGION: Treat it like it's your genitalia. Don't show it off in public, and don't shove it down your children's throats.

$25,000 entry fee plus $10,000 a year is ridiculous. I can't decide if it includes hella fantastic perks that are simply not revealed to anyone, or if there are actually people so pretentious they would be willing to pay that just for the privilege of bragging that they get to hang out in a glorified snack bar (where they pay 200% of market value for anything they consume) with F list celebrities.

It sounds like more and more people are getting offers in the mail for the free dining plan this fall. Hopefully they'll give it to everyone because that would save us a bucket of cash!

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    It sounds like more and more people are getting offers in the mail for the free dining plan this fall. Hopefully they'll give it to everyone because that would save us a bucket of cash!
    I hope so too! That would be great! Let me know if you get one, and I will do the same!

Here's a Florida question for you all.

We are going to Orlando the week of Labor Day, and I want it to be a "take it easy" vacation, and not feel the stress of having to hit every park and see everything in a week. I want to spend a couple days taking the boys to the ocean. I haven't been to the Atlantic side of Florida since I was a kid. At Daytona, they used to let you park your car on the beach. Is there anywhere that would still do that, or does anyone have any recommendations on where to go for a beach day? Either Atlantic or Gulf side?

The Gulf side is really nice. We go to Clearwater. The waves arent as bad which is good with little kids. On the flip side if you go to the Atlantic side, you could go down to NASA which migh be cool for your boys.

Bump!

Just got word we might be going back to Disney in March. Long story. But appears we may stay at The Contemporary. Has anyone stayed there previously? We are not completely sold on it yet, but still are very intrigued.

The process starts all over again.....

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information