Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: What's your favorite Disney Resort hotel in FL?

Damn, I want to go back to Disney now. Bella---did you book anything yet?? I am curious where you end up, there's so many choices and great places! Excited for you!

Lynnie, not yet. We're going in October and a lot of the online deals don't let you book that far out. The other thread was really helpful. Will let you know once we decide.

Back from 9 days.. good lawd.. you 'murrican's don't do anything small do you.. lawd have mercy..

will follow up later.. need bed nao....
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

You've had enough time to recover. It's time for the update please.
    nancydrew likes this.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that Grimm went to DisneyWorld at all!!!

I absolutely must hear all the details!

I caught the tourist death flu last time I was there, took 2 weeks to get over it once I got home. Everyone in my family got it. We got home by 5pm, around 8pm we were all ill. Maybe Grimm is on his deathbed, and you bitches are rushing him for an update! lol
    (276): Michelle Duggar likes to fuuuuck
    OK, I can't sing, I can't act, I'm dumb, I'm a hillbilly, but I can twerk, so whatever.-Miley Cyrus

I started getting a sinus/chest infection, and have to brave the US healthcare system for an afternoon trying to get some meds. This was about the 2nd day into Disney, after the 3 days at Universal.

Good lord, I've never had to fill out so many freaking forms, sign so many forms, answer so many questions and brandish my insurance card so many times in my life. Also, the trip just to SEE the stupid doctor in the clinic would have cost me about 300+ bucks, and then the 5 days worth of antibiotics another 150! How the fuck do you people afford this shit? INSANE.

Jesus, in Canada you just flash your health card, see the doc, get a prescrip that your work insurance picks up (minus a 2 dollar dispensing fee) and you're done.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    I started getting a sinus/chest infection, and have to brave the US healthcare system for an afternoon trying to get some meds. This was about the 2nd day into Disney, after the 3 days at Universal.

Good lord, I've never had to fill out so many freaking forms, sign so many forms, answer so many questions and brandish my insurance card so many times in my life. Also, the trip just to SEE the stupid doctor in the clinic would have cost me about 300+ bucks, and then the 5 days worth of antibiotics another 150! How the fuck do you people afford this shit? INSANE.

Jesus, in Canada you just flash your health card, see the doc, get a prescrip that your work insurance picks up (minus a 2 dollar dispensing fee) and you're done.
    That's the thing, most people can't. Welcome to America.
    nancydrew and Lalique like this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Ok you took care of day 2-3. Now how about Disney and all the screaming crotch fruit.
    You don't engage with crazies. Because they're, you know, fucking crazy. - WitchCurlGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post

I have awesome health insurance, but while we were in Disney, both my kids got very sick and we ended up paying a LARGE amount of money for them to be seen, because the doctors in Florida didn't 'participate' with our insurance. It was almost a grand for both of them to be seen and meds. I don't know how people do it either.....but boy am I thankful for the insurance I do have--especially when I am in the right area to be sick.

But enough about that: where did you stay??? What did you think?? Fav spot you went to and why? I have questions!

Bah, like a sinus/chest thing is going to stop me. I went to Epcot right from the docs office... I had a pic of it too...Ministry of Christ or something. I felt a burning as soon as I went in.

As for Disney: Stayed at the Coronado Springs resort, and would recommend it. Pretty quiet (the resort is wrapped around a large central lake (with ducks, and softshell turtles, and fish, cranes, all sorts of wildlife) with smaller lakes dotted around the property. There's a large central swimming pool with a waterslide for the kiddies, and a hot tub for the adults. Also dotted around the property are smaller "quiet pools". Rooms were well appointed, simply, but clean. Beds were very comfy. The resort had 4 pickup/dropoff points for the Disney shuttlebusses to the parks, a buffet style breakfast/lunch place with pretty decent food (omg, lactose free soft serve icecream and freshly made churros!) which I enjoyed, and I'm pretty picky. I don't eat slop.

Also: unsweet tea with lemon? Fucking brilliant. So refreshing. Don't have that in Canada, it's all Nestea or Lipton Brisk shit. Barf. Also, the "Arnold Palmer". Also brilliant.

ANYWAY.

Disney, stage one: Magic Kingdom. Good lawd, so many children but most well behaved. The ones I walked by who were screaming I'd just look at and say: You can't cry, you're in DisneyWorld. DISNEYWORLD. Have you any idea how much this costs?

Disney does a good job of keeping things impeccably clean.. they have a whole army of fake smiling trash collectors whizzing about picking up trash. Everything is freshly painted, like they do it over and over every night.

The rides are cute, and the fast pass invention is the best thing ever. Get there early and get fast passes for the most popular rides as you go through the day. You can only have 1 fast pass at a time, but as soon as the hour window for 1 fast pass arrives, you can get another. Use the time between popular rides to go on less popular ones.. most I went on (Monsters Inc and Lilo & Stitch) had a 10 min wait period. Plus there's lots to wander around and see.

It's a Small World: creepy-ass shit. Good lord. Every demon doll on the planet posessed and singing at you. Don't drink the water under the boat. Is that all they had in 1956 for entertainment? Disturbing.

Pirates of the Carribean: same deal, but retrofitted to stuff as much Johnny Depp in it as possible.

Be prepared for trailer trash parents flashing cameras every 2 seconds in those rides. Annoying as hell.

This is the kiddiest of the parks, for the younger folk. The castle throws on a big Princessy show around the early afternoon.. lots of twirling and dancing. Lots of parades going through as well. Disney does themes pretty well, they don't skimp out.

Haunted mansion was harmless fun (some interesting effects in it that kept me guessing as to how it was accomplished) with ghosts singing songs and spectres having dinner in opulent yet cobwebby dining rooms.

Lilo and Stitch was cute, with pretty neat animatronic robots/characters. More of an experience than a ride, you sit down and stuff happens at you, including Smell O vision, spritzes of water, tricks with sound and getting bonked in the dark by things. Pretty clever.

The food on the parks is pretty standard park fare, fried this and that. They have a couple healthier options but nothing too crazy. On the dining plan some snacks are included and marked by a purple icon, but other than that you're on your own for paying for food. I would recommend the dining plan at all costs.

At 10 pm the magic kingdom does its impressive fireworks show, set to music and inspirational "wishes DO come true" blabbing. Even as adult i got a little twinge of "awwww magical" from it, and I was across a lake eating dinner.. that's another thing, if you're at one of the restaurants in the park they turn down the lights and pipe the same music into the restaurant so you can enjoy the fireworks from wherever you are. I would recommend hightailing it to the shuttlebusses as soon as that finishes, or being nearby them because LAWD does the park empty out and it's busy as hell after.

Tomorrow: Epcot

Also, I will answer any questions

Where is the Cornado Resort again?? Near what Park?

Did you have one of the meal plans or just recommended having one?

Wasn't it great how there was beer every 2 feet in some of the parks? LOVED THAT.

I LOVE that about Epcot, Lynnie. Drinking your way through the World Showcase, while expensive, is the kind of fun you couldn't have as a kid. I did it with my dad, the BF, and a friend for my birthday.

There's actually a separate resident ticket package that is only for Epcot after 4PM and I think it's like $10 a month or something crazy cheap. A lot of residents use that park for food, drinking, and hanging out at night.

Also, little known thing at Epcot? Go into the wine shops in France, Italy, or Germany and ask for a wine tour/flight. It is $20 (with tax) and it gets you 2 2 oz samples of wine in each of those countries. Typically one red, one white, and usually one sweet and one dry (although both German wines are SWEET). It's not publicized at all, but you shouldn't get weird looks for asking for it. It was funny because every time we pull out our card for wine and get our cup we would get people asking about it and they would sell 2 or 3 of them just from people seeing it happen.

DAMN I wish I had known about that wine stuff when I was there! We stayed super close to Epcot---could walk to it in under 5 minutes, so we were there often! I LOVE Epcot!!!
    Good to know for next time.

And yes, Epcot drinking is the fucking best! We went before having kids and spent an entire day just drinking through all the countries. Some of the most fun ever. Oktoberfest in Germany is a fucking riot!!! Even with kids, it was still fun.
    And even Animal Kingdom was pretty cool too---the African beers and different types. Magic Kingdom though, not so much beer around there....yes, I looked.

Even Typhoon Lagoon had some fun bars.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information