Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: What's your favorite Disney Resort hotel in FL?

Still haven't made it to MNSSHP, some day....although now that they announced they are jacking up the prices on annual passes like crazy, we might not even be renewing.

I had a friend stay at the Nickelodeon resort when she came to visit. She got a good rate on Groupon so the price was good, but her family was not impressed by the room and it started with the 3 hours she had to wait in the lobby while they fixed her confirmed reservation that they didn't seem to know where to put her, even though the hotel was only about half booked because it was off season.

My mom came to town a couple weeks ago and stayed at Art of Animation resort in the Little Mermaid rooms (so the ones that are more like a standard hotel room instead of the big huge suites). The property is so cool. I couldn't stop taking pictures of all the different character setups in the walkways and the rooms were cute, designed to look like you were in a 2d animated movie. Loved it. The food court was decent for a food court, nothing spectacular, but good enough. The one thing I was most amazed by was how many people were eating full meals at midnight when they got back from the parks. I'm sure it was related to not letting the dining plan credits go to waste, but we would walk over for some ice cream or soda late at night and the cafeteria was PACKED with families eating actual full meals. It amazed me.
    Flygirl likes this.

We always ate a ton after a long day at the park. My daughter and I both averaged 30,000 steps on our fitbits for each day we spent in the park. I think that does it.

The theming at AoA is amazing, we loved our stay there. We also really enjoyed the food court, which is better than most food courts at the resorts. A lot to choose from, good sized portions, and it tastes pretty good too(I love their 'build your own pasta' station). I liked it better than the quick service at GF, which was very underwhelming in my opinion.
    Bellatheball likes this.

fgg

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    Still haven't made it to MNSSHP, some day....although now that they announced they are jacking up the prices on annual passes like crazy, we might not even be renewing.

I had a friend stay at the Nickelodeon resort when she came to visit. She got a good rate on Groupon so the price was good, but her family was not impressed by the room and it started with the 3 hours she had to wait in the lobby while they fixed her confirmed reservation that they didn't seem to know where to put her, even though the hotel was only about half booked because it was off season.

My mom came to town a couple weeks ago and stayed at Art of Animation resort in the Little Mermaid rooms (so the ones that are more like a standard hotel room instead of the big huge suites). The property is so cool. I couldn't stop taking pictures of all the different character setups in the walkways and the rooms were cute, designed to look like you were in a 2d animated movie. Loved it. The food court was decent for a food court, nothing spectacular, but good enough. The one thing I was most amazed by was how many people were eating full meals at midnight when they got back from the parks. I'm sure it was related to not letting the dining plan credits go to waste, but we would walk over for some ice cream or soda late at night and the cafeteria was PACKED with families eating actual full meals. It amazed me.
    we're probably not renewing our passes either. we'll just get the florida resident deals and go here and there.

we stayed in the AoA little nemo family suite last year and it was awesome! i really liked the whole hotel and the pool area was fun for the kids. we'd definitely stay there again.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

It's just not worth it anymore for what they are offering in return. I don't want memory maker, we have done like 3 character experiences in the last 4 years, we take our own pictures, and even then it's MAYBE 1 picture each time we go. And the blackout dates don't work for me either because a lot of times when people visit from out of town they want to go to Disney, and a lot of times that is in those blackout periods, so we will be paying for tickets anyway. Besides, if we REALLY want to go, we both know enough people who work there that free tickets is never really a problem if we were to hit them up. I guess they have to fund all these expansions somehow...too bad it's by trying to gouge the passholders while not really offering anything great in return since 2 of the 4 parks are currently in construction/transition phases (actually, almost 3 since Norway is all torn up in Epcot because of the Frozen ride).

We are looking at switching to a Universal pass for next year (provided the hubs is back to work by then, which he should be...), it'll be a nice change of pace.

fgg

so we broke down and renewed our passes. something really valuable to us is the free downloads of the photopass photos. we make photobooks of all of our adventures and before, each photo printing or download was $15/each!

we just stayed at the contemporary this weekend and ended up with an upgrade from a garden standard view (AKA parking lot) to the garden view which looked out over the lake. we absolutely loved it there and it now tops our list for our favorite hotel. not only did we get a little surprise of seeing the electric parade on the water right from our room but we walked to and from the magic kingdom on saturday night. that, in and of itself, is priceless when you are hauling around two tired/sleeping kids late at night. waiting and riding on those packed buses are the worst late at night and the same thing goes for the boats.

has anyone stayed in a bay lake room or in the main tower? i actually really liked being in the garden area even though those are the "cheap" seats. i really want to get into a park view room one time so we can watch the fireworks.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

I would love to stay at Bay Lake Tower, our original plans for our next trip included a Theme Park View room. The biggest appeal for me was being able to walk to MK and being the first stop of the monorail on the way back from MK. Our plans changed because my MIL is coming along now, she's never been and is very excited, so we'll stay at the Poly(largest dvc studio rooms) and GF(one bedroom, to show her our home resort). So we'll still be on the monorail, just not as close but at least we can walk to the transportation center to take the monorail to EPCOT from the Polynesian. I'm very excited about the Poly(and Tonga Toast).

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718

Thread Information