Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: What's your favorite Disney Resort hotel in FL?

There are tons of character dining with them though. I'm not remembering which off hand but if you go to the website, you'll see there are a few others.

As far as I can find our options with Fab Five characters are Chef Mickey's, Cape May, Backyard BBQ, Tusker House, and Garden Grill. Tusker is out because we won't visit the Animal Kingdom this time, Backyard BBQ is two table credits and that sounds wasteful considering we're on the DDP, Garden Grill is out because we're doing dinner at Akershus on our Epcot day. So that leaves Chef Mickey's and Cape May and I would be happy with either of them. Right now I'm even checking for any opportunities to move Crystal Palace to our second MK day, just to have more options open. I'm not too worried because on the Disney forum I frequent they are saying that spots open up all the time, especially closer to the date when people are finalizing their plans.

I'm looking forward on doing Tusker and Garden Grill on our next trip though(already planning that one and we are still 4 months away from this one haha), and there is a small chance we might do a half day at AK this year but that depends on what time our flight in arrives.

Gold Member

We did Akershus with the kid last year and she loved it. Dressed her up in her princess costume and they did pictures with Belle and a princess parade around the restaurant. Plus the princesses came around to the tables which the kids loved.

We did Mama Melrose's in Hollywood Studios and the food was great. Our dinner reservations also included front row tickets to the water show at the end of the night which I highly recommend - that show was one of the highlights of our trip.

We wanted to do the Be Our Guest restaurant in Magic Kingdom but they were booked solid for dinner and we didn't want to wait on the huge line for lunch. We did Crystal Palace (buffet) and the Winnie the Pooh characters circled the restaurant throughout the meal. We did a quick-serve lunch in one of the Liberty Square places (I can't recall the name) and the food was good.

We wanted to do Chef Mickey's breakfast but that was booked solid and we tried to book 2-3 months in advance

We also did character dining at 1900 Park Fare - the characters from Cinderella. You also get a family photo included with dinner. It's at the Grand Floridian hotel but it's a train stop away from Magic Kingdom. That was buffet style as well (I think).

Elite Member

We just got back from Disney. We had both dinner and piloted a fast pass lunch at Be our Guest. I would highly recommend dinner if you can get reservations. It was wonderful. Food at lunch was great, but it didn't have the same vibe as dinner. Also ate at Tusker House (very good breakfast buffet), 'Ohana for dinner (delicious!), Coral Reef, Hollywood Brown Derby, Prime Time Cafe and Crossroads. We didn't have a bad meal. Most were outstanding. It was an awesome trip. We stayed at the Port Orleans French Quarter. It's a the smallest of the moderate resorts and worked out really well for us.

If anyone has kids who are REALLY into Frozen and want to meet Anna and Elsa...the lines for standby are still hundreds of minutes long. We were there tonight and at 9PM the line was still almost 2 hours (Cinderella was 20 minutes....). Fast pass it. Do everything you can to get that fast pass, keep checking for it. I really liked Frozen, and was curious to do a photo with Anna and Elsa because I kept hearing how good the actors are, but refuse to wait 5 hours for a princess photo. I checked last night out of curiosity for tonight, and managed to get an Anna/Elsa fast pass, so we immediately booked 2 other fast passes and decided to go. I figured the fast pass would be a shorter, but still long wait and we would be LUCKY to get out in time to see Wishes an hour later. We were in and out in 10 minutes with the fast pass, both of the girls were incredibly sweet (especially Anna, she was great and kept joking with us), and we got great pictures with them. Plus we had more than enough time to get a good spot for Wishes.
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.

I found an 8am Cape May breakfast on our Hollywood Studios day! I also managed to move our Crystal Palace reservation from 9:25am to 8:30am, which is before park opening. I'm sooo excited about both

120 days left
    Bellatheball and tulip like this.

We had lunch at Be Our Guest with a Fastpass, and did not care for it. I could not imagine how disappointed we would have been if we'd waited in that long line. From reviews I've read, I'm probably in the minority though. Here is the link to Fastpass Be Our Guest for lunch without it counting against one of your 3 fastpass plus "experiences." You can order and pay before you get there.

https://beourguestlunch.disney.go.co...?referrer=home

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flygirl View Post
    We had lunch at Be Our Guest with a Fastpass, and did not care for it. I could not imagine how disappointed we would have been if we'd waited in that long line. From reviews I've read, I'm probably in the minority though. Here is the link to Fastpass Be Our Guest for lunch without it counting against one of your 3 fastpass plus "experiences." You can order and pay before you get ther

https://beourguestlunch.disney.go.co...?referrer=home
    What didn't you like about it? I definitely preferred the dinner experience, but our lunch was great.

It might have had a lot to do with where we were seated...right by the fountain drinks and large containers of silverware. &nbsp;I felt like I was back in my school cafeteria. &nbsp;I know I'm in the minority, so I do wish we had tried for dinner instead. &nbsp;It was an ok experience with the fast pass, I guess, but I remember thinking how disappointed I would have been if I had waited in that terribly long line for it.<br>I guess for MK quality food, it wasn't all that bad. &nbsp;The vibe just wasn't there for lunch. &nbsp;It's filed under the "glad we got to experience it once, but definitely not a must do" category. &nbsp;If you get the fast pass, it's just as good a quick service meal as any of them. &nbsp;

Elite Member

^^ I could totally see that. The dinner was a completely different experience. I couldn't understand how they were going to do lunch service in the same place. It's so weird that they have all the fountain drinks hidden. Totally transforms the place. I thought the food was good and I was totally freaked out that they found us without knowing where we were going to sit. Those magic bands are scaaaaaarrrrryyyy things. I swear TPTB at Disney knew when I tinkled.

I wouldn't wait. It is so freaking hot on the bridge. When we were waiting for our dinner reservation it was about 6:30 at night and we were dying. The sweat was pouring down. We only had to wait about 10 minutes. I can't imagine what it was like mid-day.

It cracks me up that they have a castle bouncer for dinner. Can't even pass and get on the bridge to get a closer look without a reservation. I wouldn't want that job!

60 days left. Got our fast passes selected at 11pm last night, I just wanted to get it over with haha.
    tulip likes this.

Woohoo! What'd you fast pass?

1st day in MK: Pirates, Peter Pan, and Big Thunder Mountain.
    EPCOT: Spaceship Earth, Mission: Space, and Soarin'.
    Hollywood Studios: Toy Story Midway Mania, Tower of Terror, and Star Tours
    2nd day in MK: Little Mermaid, Winnie the Pooh, and Belle.

Really good choices, Isn't the EPCOT/Hollywood Studios tiered fast pass thing atrocious? You always end up fast passing something that is usually walk on, and now that they are closing Maelstrom, it's even worse. The two "pick one" choices you did are probably the best ones offered, so awesome! Soarin is usually about a 70 minute wait, and Toy Story Mania still stands around 90 minutes without a FastPass!

I'm going down to Orlando for a few days in about a month. Staying with a friend. I've got 1-2 days at Disney and a day at Harry Potter. After reading everything, it sounds incredibly intimidating. :0 There are too many things to decide on and I'm going to be poor for the rest of my life after Disney.
    C_is_for_Cookie and deenz like this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Thread Information