Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: What's your favorite Disney Resort hotel in FL?

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    My only real complaint is that there is no way to keep actual track of your fast pass times unless you have your tickets linked to the Disney app (which is iffy-the group "leader" didn't have linked tickets, but my annual pass is linked to my app, the castmember said that it'll still show up in my "stuff to do" section since the events were registered to my card, but they never did), write them down, or the park's staff suggestion of taking a picture with your phone. They have to figure out some way to track your times. With the old fast passes your time was on there and you had a physical reminder of what your time slot was.
    I forgot to mention that part. Your Fast-Pass options are on a screen or an iPad like device that the castmembers have. Usually, people take pictures of their fast-pass schedule with their smart phones, and that worked REALLY well for us because even when we were split up into different areas of the park, we knew when our next Fast-Pass ride was coming up. The other thing about this new system is that typically, you tell them which rides you want to get on, and then the system suggests scenarios for you. If you don't like one scenario, just tell them. Because the system automatically has three other ones for you to look at. If that still doesn't work, I think you can do customization by specific times that you want to see if they are open or not.

I don't like the picture option because I do actually know people who still have "dumb phones", plus cell signal in the park is CRAZY inconsistent. There are days where my phone dies in no time, and days where my battery is fine at the end of the day.

There appear to be some stands where the cast member has an ipad that only they can see and does a lot of the picking for you, and then there are some where it is a display that you can see the screen and make your selections. The display you can see is way better. They allowed us to scroll through all the options in the entire park, pick the 3 we wanted, and then the computer automatically configured the times for us, which the cast member was able to go through and reorder and repopulate possible times until we found an arrangement that we all liked.

Honestly, I was skeptical of it when I heard about the new system, but now that I've actually used it, I really like it. It was seamless, and easy, and they accommodated our large group really well, and then adding someone later with such ease? It's pretty great. We never could have done it that easily the old way where you had to run around the park to get stuff sorted.

fgg

i thought this article (slideshow) had interesting tips:

Disney World Tips and Tricks - Articles | Travel + Leisure

i hope i remember them or can find it again when i make the next trip!
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

We have everything booked for this fall and I've started to make reservations for dinner/breakfast. We've never used the dining plan before but there are so many great options. We're doing:

Boatwright at Port Orleans
    Cape May
    Park Fare
    Fantastic dinner (at Hollywood and Vine)
    Akerhaus
    Boma
    Ohana

Any advice from those of you who have eaten at any of these places before? My kids wanted to do Chef Mickey again but they are completely booked that week.

We stayed at the Art of Animation Resort when it first opened. I liked it very much. I'm a germaphobe and clean freak and have to say it was clean. I bring my can of Lysol and Clorox wipes with me and still wipe everything down anyway. We're going again in June. I can't wait to go on The Tower of Terror again!
    Bellatheball likes this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    We have everything booked for this fall and I've started to make reservations for dinner/breakfast. We've never used the dining plan before but there are so many great options. We're doing:

Boatwright at Port Orleans
    Cape May
    Park Fare
    Fantastic dinner (at Hollywood and Vine)
    Akerhaus
    Boma
    Ohana

Any advice from those of you who have eaten at any of these places before? My kids wanted to do Chef Mickey again but they are completely booked that week.
    We're going in June -- have reservations at Ohana. I'll let you know!

We've also got reservations at Be our Guest, Brown Derby (Fantasmic Dinner), Prime Time, Tusker House, Coral Reef, and some place else I can't remember right now. I can't wait to go. It's been 16 years!
    Bellatheball likes this.

We're going in November, free dining(paid a fee to upgrade from free QS to the regular dining plan) and everything. Staying at Pop Century because AoA(my first choice because it just looks awesome for a child and my daughter loves Ariel) was excluded from the free dining deal. We're planning to eat at Crystal Palace(bf), Hollywood & Vine(bf), Ohana(dinner), Paradiso 37(dinner), and Akershus(dinner). We can start making dinner reservations next week, so I can stress out about that now the initial stress of booking the trip after lots of research is over. We are so excited, it's the first time for all of us
    Bellatheball likes this.

C, where have you been??

We'll miss you by a few weeks in Disney.
    C_is_for_Cookie likes this.

Tulip, have you ever been to Prime Time Cafe? Remember to keep your elbows off the table!! LOL... We're also going to Coral Reef, Narcooses at The Grand Floridian, Teppan Edo in Epcot, and Sci Fi Drive in. 26 days left!

Ugh, no damn openings for Pirate League the week we are there. How is that possible?? It's slow season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    C, where have you been??

We'll miss you by a few weeks in Disney.
    I've been researching this trip!! haha

We made our restaurant reservations yesterday and we got all but one of the ones we wanted. 'Ohana only had a table at 9:20pm and we think that's way too late for our by then almost 3-year old to be still out and about at a restaurant so we switched that one for Fulton's Crab House at Downtown Disney instead. And we decided to change Hollywood & Vine from breakfast to an early lunch. Now I can sit back and let the husband figure out the plane flight thing, I've done my share of the work.
    Bellatheball likes this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by HeartShapedBox View Post
    Tulip, have you ever been to Prime Time Cafe? Remember to keep your elbows off the table!! LOL... We're also going to Coral Reef, Narcooses at The Grand Floridian, Teppan Edo in Epcot, and Sci Fi Drive in. 26 days left!
    No I haven't. We haven't been to Disney in years. We went on our honeymoon and then took our daughter when I was pregnant with our son. He's on the spectrum, so we've been waiting until we felt he could handle the sensory overload of it all. It's our 25th wedding anniversary, so we're renewing our vows at the beach, then going on our "familymoon" to Disney. So excited!

Do the servers give you a hard time about your table manners at Prime Time?

Sometimes it get on your nerves when the servers keep reminding you to "Keep your elbows off the table" ! They say the same thing to everyone, especially kids. It's all in good fun though. Some servers are more quiet than others, while some play it up a bit much.

Congratulations on your 25th! A lot has changed since you were last there, there is so much more to do. Have fun!
    tulip likes this.

I remember the servers being more in your face when I was there as a kid. Fiance and I went to Prime Time for my birthday this year and it wasn't nearly as great as I remember it. Our server was kinda "over it", didn't really play along with the theme of the restaurant. Just took our orders, and brought them. Kinda disappointing since it's supposed to be a super themed restaurant. The other thing that I didn't remember from being a kid was that not EVERY table is themed to look like a 1950's kitchen table with a tv playing clips of old TV shows, just a few scattered through the restaurant (when I was a kid we sat at one of the "good" tables). This past time we sat at a table that was just like any other restaurant, the food was good, but it just didn't feel like a themed experience.

I had more fun at the Sci Fi Diner. Every table gets to experience the theming, even the people who are walk ins without reservations to get one of the car tables, because it is set up as a drive in with 1 big screen that everyone faces. The sandwiches are pretty good, the servers were great, and the trailers are so fun. The only downside is that because the table is a car, it's kind of hard to be a group larger than 2 people there. You only sit next to 1 other person in the bench seat, and then the rest of the group sits behind you. It isn't the biggest deal (in fact, my sister and I loved it as kids because we sat next to each other and it felt like we were sitting at our own table, but our parents were right behind us), but I know of others who hate it.

Enjoy Be Our Guest, I've never been able to get in there, although I've gotten snacks at Gaston's tavern and those pastries were AMAZING.

The more time passes, the more I would like to have breakfast at Chef Mickey's. My daughter's love for the Fab Five keeps getting bigger and bigger, and if I can find an opening we will drop H&V instead. I know it's going to be hard, and it will not make or break my trip if I can't find a reservation but I'm going to give it a try anyway

Thread Information