Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: What's your favorite Disney Resort hotel in FL?

^ With a drink in hand I assume. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by BoogsBun View Post
    I went to Disneyland when I was 9......never again. I have told my sons, that I will never take them to Disneyland/world...EVER in their lifetime.

First of all..I love the incidental Disney people. Dumbo was awesome, as was Goofy and Donald. To this day, The Fox and the Hound, Lady and the Tramp, and Bambi, are some of my favorite movies.

I don't want to label myself as a feminist, but goddamn, didn't they shit all over women. Anybody who knows how to google and read, knows that Snow White was raped, and only woke up, because she was giving birth to her rapist's child. Ariel pretty much committed suicide, and lets face it Cinderella was a pussy. Like none of us, wouldn't have whacked our evil stepmother with that damn fucking broom?

When I went to Disneyland, back in...let me count......1985, I was a thrill ride junkie. We were there from when the park opened, until the parked closed, and I rode FOUR rides, because the lines were that long. I will admit..Space Mountain was pretty fucking cool, but not cool enough, to in this day, wait in line for 3 hours.

My last point. There are a lot of cooler places to go, at the same price. For what it would cost the four of us to spend a week at Disney, it is about the same, to spend 10 days, in Hawaii.

If it makes me Un-American, I don't care...Fuck Disney...I'll be in Hawaii.
    The original versions of the Disney movies were written by authors like the Brother's Grimm and Hans Christian Anderson. Those original versions had the plot points and endings that you mentioned, but not Disney's versions, as far as I know.

Disney's Magic Kingdom is definitely not a thrill-ride park. Busch Gardens Tampa, which is about 45 minutes or so away, is, and costs the same as Disney. Their food is just as expensive, and their fast passes cost money, unlike Disney's. They each have their tradeoffs.

I like Hawaii, too, but it's not an amusement park.

Flygirl - I just Googled Stormalong Bay - that was the waterslide I was thinking of.

I agree, Boogs. I'm all about some Six Flags. I understand Disney to some extent. (a couple of times when the kids are little or an adult trip or something) The people I do not understand are the obsessive ones who go twice a year, year after year. There is a time and place for Disneyworld, but every vacation?? For the price, there are a lot of other places you could go. Italy? Overwater bungalow in Tahiti? (I kid you not; we could have done that for the price of one of our trips with all six of us)

And, Bella, I'm the bad mom with the drink in her hand the entire Disney vacation. That's why we only spend a half day in Magic Kingdom. Mama needs to get to Epcot where she can drink!

I agree with that totally. It seems there are so many people who spend every vacation there. Our kids are 8, 5, and 3 so it's still exciting to them but this will probably be our last Disney trip for a long while.

If the thought of a hangover...in Disney...with three kids...in the beating sun doesn't kill me, nothing will. LOL Keep your drink! I'll wait till we're home.
    Flygirl likes this.

Elite Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flygirl View Post
    I agree, Boogs. I'm all about some Six Flags. I understand Disney to some extent. (a couple of times when the kids are little or an adult trip or something) The people I do not understand are the obsessive ones who go twice a year, year after year. There is a time and place for Disneyworld, but every vacation?? For the price, there are a lot of other places you could go. Italy? Overwater bungalow in Tahiti? (I kid you not; we could have done that for the price of one of our trips with all six of us)

And, Bella, I'm the bad mom with the drink in her hand the entire Disney vacation. That's why we only spend a half day in Magic Kingdom. Mama needs to get to Epcot where she can drink!
    We are waiting for our youngest to hit the minimum height requirement, so we can hit Cedar Point for a few days. I think our oldest is ready to go, because he has the potential, to be a roller coaster junkie. It's my youngest, that will be the thorn in my side, because he likes rides that don't spin/go up in the air/go fast/go upside down, anything fun really. I might just leave him with my mom so the rest of us can go.
    Flygirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by BoogsBun View Post
    We are waiting for our youngest to hit the minimum height requirement, so we can hit Cedar Point for a few days. I think our oldest is ready to go, because he has the potential, to be a roller coaster junkie. It's my youngest, that will be the thorn in my side, because he likes rides that don't spin/go up in the air/go fast/go upside down, anything fun really. I might just leave him with my mom so the rest of us can go.
    My husband loves Cedar Point. I have never been, so I'm interested to see it at some point. It sounds like the sort of thing I would have loved when I was younger, but I don't enjoy thrill rides like I used to. I never used to have any problem with them and was up for anything, the scarier the better, but then once I hit 25 it's like something changed and I just can't do it anymore.

I did have a drink at Harry Potter World in Islands of Adventure, and it was fantastic. The bartender at the Three Broomsticks made me a coffee and Bailey's. It hit the spot. Just enough to be able to enjoy it without worrying about the discomfort being drunk or hungover at a theme park.

Well I guess we're staying at Port Orleans. We decided to let our kids make the final decision between the two resorts. We showed them several videos including a 360 view of the rooms. My youngest had me stop the video so he could see the bathroom at Port Orleans. Then he looked at me and said, "Mama, I want to PEE in that bathroom!!" LOL I guess he wants to mark his territory.

We are heading to Disney in 5 days. I hope the weather here holds out.
    Bellatheball likes this.

Have fun Mo!

Trip report when you're back please!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    Trip report when you're back please!!
    I'm getting worried about whether it's going to happen in the first place. Our morning flight to Charlotte has already been cancelled. We are using US Airways, and it's booked on Mrs. Mohandas' credit card. She hasn't had a chance to call yet to see what our options are.

I think we are in a real bind. We didn't pay for cancellation insurance. And the Disney tickets would not be refundable either. The problem now is that the storm system is so massive, it's difficult to figure out how there would be an alternative route to take around this thing.

fgg

oh, mo...that sucks! can you drive? it would be better than missing the trip altogether.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    oh, mo...that sucks! can you drive? it would be better than missing the trip altogether.
    The problem with driving would be that it would be about 14 straight hours of driving, and I think we would be going into the storm by the time we got to Charlotte.

US Airways re-booked us. My daughter and I are taking a super-early flight out of Dulles, while Mrs. Mohandas and my son are taking a later flight out of BWI. I'm hoping this new booking holds (doesn't get canceled, too).

Oh no!! Good thoughts, prayers and happy vibes are being sent your way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    Oh no!! Good thoughts, prayers and happy vibes are being sent your way.
    I think it worked, Bella. Daughter is watching me type this while we wait to board in Charlotte, which does not have a lot of snow And it is not snowing now. Mrs Mohandas and son are on a plane behind us. Crossing fingers.
    Bellatheball likes this.

Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information