Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We're going to Brittany, anybody have tips?

So, now we are back since almost 2 weeks. We had such a good time in Brittany! I really liked it, allthough the sun wasn't shining all the time. So what; I'm from Switzerland, I'm used to it
    Unfortunately we hadn't got the time to see everything we wanted to. We had to spend some time with my boyfriend's family of course. I'm sure you know that: Time flies... But I am sure we will get back very soon. Maybe next summer!

I thought I would like to share some pictures from our trip with you. The first ones are from our hotel in Batz-Sur-Mer. It really looked as beautiful as in the pictures from the homepage! The beach was very nice; so quite, almost no tourists. Perfect!

Then we were in Croisic and in La Govelle where we went shopping, eating and to the Oceanarium.

After our stay in Batz-Sur-Mer, we went to a little village near Dinan, where his father, aunt and two cousins live. It's really small, has one bar where you can buy tobacco, a baker and a butcher. We stayed there at his father's house for the rest of our vacation.

Dinan is a nice little city. Many buildings of the city are still like in middle ages. When a building was out-of-repair, they left the footprint of the building and planted a garden in it.

When we wanted to go to the beach, we had to drive for about 30 minutes. But there was a small beautiful beach where you are allowed to take your dog with you. Really nice! I liked the idea. And our dogs too, of course.

but there was also a really nice lake next to where we stayed at. Beautiful!

that's about it. I hope you liked the little trip to Brittany.

Color me green with envy! These pictures are wonderful, I wish I could crawl in them. And your doggies! How wondeful they were valued guests also. That you for sharing this slice of heaven with us.
    I hope you go back every year that you can. This restoreth the soul.
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Funky Chicken, I so hate you Seriously, I'm glad there's another convert to Brittany right here! Wonderful photos!

I am so jealous! Looks beautiful and sounds like a wonderful trip. I hope to visit someday (ssoner rather than later!).
    What I really want to know is whether it makes your poop glow in the dark after eating it! ~ Kittylady

Quote Originally Posted by funky_chicken View Post

beautiful pics.
    funny, i ate at that restaurant, the one in the crooked blue/grey house on the left. it was delicious.

next time, you have to go to the Óles chausey. they're off the coast of granville, you have to go for at least a day, boats only go in the morning and in the evening because the tide has to be high enough. beautiful islands with unique flora and fauna. at low tide there are over 300 islands and at high tide only 50 or so remain visible.
    no cars and very few inhabitants and it's all very tightly regulated to avoid having too many people on the islands and destroying it. great sea food too.
    Chausey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I know you were addressing Funky Chicken, Sput, but I may go to the Channel Islands as soon as I have the cash.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    Color me green with envy! These pictures are wonderful, I wish I could crawl in them. And your doggies! How wondeful they were valued guests also. That you for sharing this slice of heaven with us.
    I hope you go back every year that you can. This restoreth the soul.
    Thank you McJag! I really hope I get a bit more that two weeks holidays during next summer. And our doggies sure enjoyed the holidays at least as much as we did. (besides the fact that they didn't unterstand why they couldn't drink from the sea )

Quote Originally Posted by LaFolie View Post
    Funky Chicken, I so hate you Seriously, I'm glad there's another convert to Brittany right here! Wonderful photos!
    Thank you LaFolie

Quote Originally Posted by Lalique View Post
    I am so jealous! Looks beautiful and sounds like a wonderful trip. I hope to visit someday (ssoner rather than later!).
    You definitely have to!

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    beautiful pics.
    funny, i ate at that restaurant, the one in the crooked blue/grey house on the left. it was delicious.

next time, you have to go to the Óles chausey. they're off the coast of granville, you have to go for at least a day, boats only go in the morning and in the evening because the tide has to be high enough. beautiful islands with unique flora and fauna. at low tide there are over 300 islands and at high tide only 50 or so remain visible.
    no cars and very few inhabitants and it's all very tightly regulated to avoid having too many people on the islands and destroying it. great sea food too.
    Chausey - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Thank you! Now I want to go back immediately! We wanted to eat at this restaurant too, but there was no free table on the outside so we went to another one. But let's be honest, it's delicious in almost every restaurant there.

Wonderful pictures !
    Dinan is indeed a wonderful city, it's really beautiful ! A friend of mine lives there, but I haven't had time to visit her in a long time, you're really making me green with envy too

I'm glad that so many people like Brittany *w*
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information