Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Things to do in and around Denver, CO

Is Casa Bonita still around? They did have good sopapillas, but for the rest of the food fucking disgusting. The Old Spaghetti Factory was another fun restaurant shitty food but fun to go to.
    ><((((º>·. ¸¸. ·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>><((((º>`·.¸¸.··´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.·´¯`·.. ><((((º> `·.¸¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>

Oh yea its still there. And for some reason my school district seems to think Casa Bonita is a good field trip destination. Oh well, at least I don't have to take them there. I've been exactly once, when we first moved here and just because its something you HAVE to do.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I want to go out of pure curiosity now! One of our school trips involved walking around Trafford (right where Manchester United's home ground is), it was a right dive and absolutely disgusting. Then we had McDonalds at the local horrible, terrible, violation of a mall. Good times.
    Ain't nothing wrong with Ohio wang! - MontanaMama

Here's the South Park episode in case you've never seen it.

South Park S07E11 Casa Bonita(CZ titulky) on Vimeo
    levitt and SHELLEE like this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

I was very much joking! I went to Denver 2 years ago and my husbands Aunt and Uncle took us there. My husband had been as a kid and LOVED it, so he said we had to go back. Food was not good, at all. The sopapillas were good, though. My 2 year old loved everything about it, but again, not the food.
    Butterfly likes this.

I've got the Casa Bonita song stuck in my head now, thanks guys...

Elite Member

We were in Denver a short time and DH got sick so I was pretty much confined to the hotel and surrounding area. I would walk down the block a bit to get food to bring back and there was this restaurant called Tokyo Joe's that was really good! You ordered at the counter and put together your own noodle or rice bowl. It was a lot tastier and less expensive than a comparable restaurant where I live. It's a chain local to CO. I wish they would expand all over the country. If I ever get back to Denver I'm definitely eating there again. No, it's not fancy but something about it was just really good.
    levitt likes this.

I love Tokyo Joe's quite a bit. They are a local chain. Was your husband altitude sick or sick sick?

Elite Member

Sick sick. Stomach virus. He had a conference Monday and Tuesday so we flew in on Saturday. Ate dinner Saturday night, walked around a bit, then went to bed planning to sight see the next day. Middle of the night he gets sick. Throwing up all day Sunday and Monday. Missed the first day of the conference. Finally we went to an urgent care, where he got some anti-nausea meds and 3 bags of IV fluid because he was so dehydrated. Felt a lot better after that. On Tuesday he went to the last day of his conference and I got on an all day bus tour through Rocky Mountain National Park. We were able to go out with his work friends Tuesday night and DH ate some risotto. Poor DH...the only Rocky Mountains he got to see were off in the distance on the way back to the airport Wednesday morning.

We went to Montana (Glacier National Park) last year, though, and had a great time.

Is altitude sickness quite common?

And poor DH! Will add Tokyo Joe's to the list.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information