Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thailand holiday (advice needed)

A*O

That dumb twat Chapelle Corby was/is guilty as charged IMO. How the hell can you not know you have 3 KILOS of dope in your luggage? Her whole family are druggie bogans but she's the only one who got caught. I have SLIGHTLY more sympathy for the Bali 9 because none of them are wrapped too tight but they can't use the "we didn't know" excuse when they have kilos of heroin glad-wrapped to their torsos. Unless you live under a rock (or in Queensland LOL) everyone knows you don't touch anything even vaguely connected with drugs in south east Asia.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Gen X EJC View Post
    My friend was in Thailand for a couple months I think, she had a great time. She did say there were lots of cockroaches, even in the low end priced hotels (not just cheapies and hostels). She didn't say anything about spiders, though.
    From the picture of the spider I remember, I think it was when they were staying in a jungle shack. Come to think of it, they did say the spider kills cockroaches. It was skerry! I looked about 10 inches or so and was hanging out on their bathroom wall.

Crazy, I don't mean to scare ya, just watch those creepy crawlies at night! j/k. You'll have so much fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Born In A Brothel View Post
    From the picture of the spider I remember, I think it was when they were staying in a jungle shack. Come to think of it, they did say the spider kills cockroaches. It was skerry! I looked about 10 inches or so and was hanging out on their bathroom wall.

Crazy, I don't mean to scare ya, just watch those creepy crawlies at night! j/k. You'll have so much fun!
    Thanks, BIAB. Now not only am I terrified of GOING to Thailand, I fear for the spiders that are big enough to cross the ocean and come here. Lovely.

<goes into room and cries>
    The Gen X Eurotrash Jetsetters Club:
    A place for internationally minded celebrity haterz to come together in peace and harmony

Wow, the spiders eat the cockroaches? I didn't know that. I think I prefer the spiders then.

I've seen plenty of cockroaches, and rats, in high-end New York hotels, too. lol

Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    That dumb twat Chapelle Corby was/is guilty as charged IMO. How the hell can you not know you have 3 KILOS of dope in your luggage? Her whole family are druggie bogans but she's the only one who got caught. I have SLIGHTLY more sympathy for the Bali 9 because none of them are wrapped too tight but they can't use the "we didn't know" excuse when they have kilos of heroin glad-wrapped to their torsos. Unless you live under a rock (or in Queensland LOL) everyone knows you don't touch anything even vaguely connected with drugs in south east Asia.
    They are extremely well known druggies on the Gold Coast and she is guilty as charged. I have zero sympathy for her either.

Gold Member

I don't know anything about Thailand but have a good trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Oooh, husband always wanted to visit but we haven't yet. I am the stick in the mud who is hesitant and scared to be outside my own comfort zone. It's just the unexpected things that bother me, if I know what to look out for, like the water thing and mugging, I can just be prepared.

I'm ashamed to admit I'm such a sissy but things like smells and general public street cleanliness would really bother me, so I would probably insist on resort type accomodations. And the toilets. Don't they use those hole-in-the-ground squat toilets in Thailand? That I don't think I would want to deal with. God that makes me sound so uppity, I hate that...but it's true.

I think I would want to go for the food, not only to eat but to learn how to cook some meals, as every Thai dish I've tried has been fabulous. I think a cooking class would be fun. And everything is supposed to be really cheap by western standards.

Hope you go, have lots of fun and love it, C'NN. You can tell us all about it when you come back!
    OMG Beeyotch, you honestly have to go. I just got back a few weeks ago. I cant explain to you how gorgeous Thailand and their people are. We went elephant riding, snorkling, I got to hold a baby tiger! hand fed bananas to wild monkeys and hold a python (I love love love animals)

It's so frickin crazy, I loved every minute of it. The Thai people cater to you and treat you like a princess 24/7. I went to a day spa, I can tell you now that i've never in my life had a massage as intense and relaxing as the one I had there. I miss it already!

A*O was right, some places are very dirty and can sometimes smell like sewage. We got harassed to buy things constantly by the locals, but we just laughed it off. All four of us had food poisoning, so I made good friends with the toilet bowel in our Bangkok hotel...haha but that was only a minor incident.

Maya beach where they filmed 'The beach' is so breathtaking. I almost died when I saw how blue and clear the water was. James bond island is beautiful also.

The weather was funny though. It kept raining in the mornings and by noon it will be as sunny as a desert but no matter what it was always humid and sticky. I personally found the dry heat difficult to adjust to, sometimes I had trouble breathing (but it was all worth it)

Anyway when I came back all my work peers said ive lost heaps of weight and tanned up big time, they all thought I looked hot. I was so relaxed now im stressed again LOL bloody work!.... I guess my hotness faded as well Damn!

I'm glad that you had such a nice vacation, CNN! I missed you and I'm glad you're doing fine.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    I'm glad that you had such a nice vacation, CNN! I missed you and I'm glad you're doing fine.
    Thanks baby doll. I missed you too

Ive got so much catching up to do around here, but now ive got reports to do! Arrrrhhhhhh My work is punishing me for going on holidays during our busy peak season.

Lemme help you with the catching up:

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/lov...tml#post936171

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/ran...old-board.html

Other than that, everything has been the same.

Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7eVZHGKAIhE[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyjhWy1r9dg[/YOUTUBE]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information