Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Suggestions for a cheap late break? (UK/Europe)

Bwahaha Kitty I love you! I've heard the ghost walk in Edinburgh's great fun, you go into the undercity with a guide and its super creepy. Have you guys had any thoughts about what you fancy doing?
    I smile because I have no idea what's going on

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Funnily enough it's looking like it might be Scotland after all. Quite typical seeing as though I was starting to get enthusiastic about maybe Holland or Hungary. Edinburgh has been mentioned because I haven't been there but Glasgow is also in the running on the grounds of it being a cracking night out. Between the two (and after reading your post) I'm edging towards Edinburgh because the ghost walk sounds pretty cool. Mr Science & Logic isn't into that kind of thing but meh. He can suck it up and shut up.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Ahhh fantastic! Edinburgh is one of my favourite places ever, I'd happily holiday there even though I only live a couple of hours away if you do go there you must go on a pub crawl up Rose Street, the pubs are fab and there's usually some great live music and whatnot. Oh and if you're going soon the fringe is on until the end of August. If your boy is geeky but also up for some kiddie-type fun, the Science Centre in Glasgow or Our Dynamic Earth in Edinburgh are both super fun, I've been a couple of times as an adult and it's great. And if you stop by the Scottish Parliament, tell Alex Salmond I love him

Glasgow is of course always an excellent night out, try the Classic Grand if you're into your rock music, I've had a few fun nights out there. There's less historical stuff but more fun shopping/restaurants in Glasgow. Malmaison Glasgow were doing a special deal recently through Secret Escapes, it was B&B with a cocktail for a great price, and it's super romantic Ooh ooh and if you want to soak up some Glasgow culture, check out Oran Mor on the corner of Great Western and Byres Roads, it's opposite the Botanic Gardens. They do thing called A Pie, A Pint and A Play at lunch times which is supposed to be fabby doodles, or they have loads of great gigs on, which are usually really reasonable.

I'm sure you'll find a million fun things to do, report back and let us know what you get up to!

/Scotlandfesto

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

"And todays broadcast from the Scottish Tourist Board was brought to you by Karistiona of the Clan McGossip"

We're looking at getting away some time in September or October as we have birthdays in those months and it'd be nice to get away for one of them. The Bloke knows parts of Scotland quite well from doing jobs up there (funnily enough he got back from a couple of days with the Weegies yesterday). If it's going to be Scotland I'm still veering more towards Edinburgh but I don't know if my Ghost Walk will trump his (probably desperate) need to visit the Science Centre. When we went into Manchester for a bank holiday day out we ended up spending all day in the Museum of Science and Industry and the Imperial War Museum while he ran around like a big kid telling me about all the Olde Worlde gadgets without even having to read at the exhibit info cards
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Aww cute! Just tell him about Dynamic Earth and he'll be sold on Edinburgh

Quote Originally Posted by Kittylady View Post
    I'm edging towards Edinburgh because the ghost walk sounds pretty cool. Mr Science & Logic isn't into that kind of thing but meh. He can suck it up and shut up.
    My hubby and I are Mr and Mrs Science & Logic, but we loved the ghosty vault tour, Kitty! It was pretty tongue in cheek when we went, our guide was funny and rather adorable, and everyone was just having a really good time. We learned a bit about the local history and architecture by way of the tour as well. Plus at the end, there was whisky...
    Kittylady likes this.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information