Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: 'The South" thread

Gold Member

^ I don't even know what that means, is that a derogatory term for a race/religion? I'll google it.

Edit: Googled it, that's not a nice term.

No, it's not.

There are plenty of nasty people-then there are those of us who's whole family-big and extended through 6 Southern states work very hard and take every opportunity to make sure things stay fair and right. I guess the awful part for me is to be tarred by the same brush. Anyone saying that at one of our dinner tables would be sent out in disgrace-and rightfully so! We were never allowed to make fun of anyones personal beliefs either. Thank God!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I think my friends felt they couldn't say anything because they were guests in their home AND the man who said it was the one responsible for promoting him to partner in the law firm. My reaction was put down to being a "foreigner."

For every despicable person like this, there are many more who hate this kind of attitude/behavior. I just wish they would speak up more often!

A guest of mine once said nasty things about Jewish people over dinner and I asked her not to say them. When she continued, I told her to leave. She did, and she's never been back.

I am sorry, but I feel another story coming on!

I was married in a biggie wedding in Louisiana. My rural Mississippi Grandparents attended. Some say my Grandmother actually drank a glass of champagne-some say she didn't. Anyway, they returned to their milk farm and as soon as possible I mailed them a large envelope of wedding pictures. Now the rural mailman was like a fifth cousin twice removed-I didn't know him from Adam but everyone around there can tell you at what age I was potty trained & what my first words were. Anyway, instead of delivering it to the mailbox by the road, he brought the big envelope up to the door. "Looky here what came, Miss Marie-Claire" "Oh-those must be Sissy's weddin'pitchers!" "Yes Ma'm! They sure are good too! I knew what they were, so I just got me a cup of coffee and looked at them at the Post Office"!!! They just had a good laugh-my Grandmother never batted an eye!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

^^Another great tale of the South. I can just see him doing it!

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    I started this thread and in my opening first post I included:

Anti-/Pro South rants anyone?

Just being fair here. I really do like all of the 'stories' and the food stuff!(mmmm!!)

And notice how I just said "The South"..did not say 'rebels' or 'sesech' or anything so NOT STARTING A 'Yankee" THREAD! LOL!! ...but somehow "The North" just does not cut it the same way as a title, does it???
    Ha ha! Point taken. I didn't even notice.
    Now logic is a wonderful thing but it has, as the processes of evolution discovered, certain drawbacks. Anything that thinks logically can be fooled by something else which thinks at least as logically as it does. - Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    I am sorry, but I feel another story coming on!

I was married in a biggie wedding in Louisiana. My rural Mississippi Grandparents attended. Some say my Grandmother actually drank a glass of champagne-some say she didn't. Anyway, they returned to their milk farm and as soon as possible I mailed them a large envelope of wedding pictures. Now the rural mailman was like a fifth cousin twice removed-I didn't know him from Adam but everyone around there can tell you at what age I was potty trained & what my first words were. Anyway, instead of delivering it to the mailbox by the road, he brought the big envelope up to the door. "Looky here what came, Miss Marie-Claire" "Oh-those must be Sissy's weddin'pitchers!" "Yes Ma'm! They sure are good too! I knew what they were, so I just got me a cup of coffee and looked at them at the Post Office"!!! They just had a good laugh-my Grandmother never batted an eye!

No offense but good thing your grandma didn't order a Playgirl mag! LOL.

Gold Member

^ Lol. I would not want people opening my mail or knowing everything about what I'm doing. I kind of like living in a big city where I can coast about anonymously.

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    No offense but good thing your grandma didn't order a Playgirl mag! LOL.
    Lawd help-she'd pass out if she saw one! He would have too-should have thought of that-but who knew?

Haha! Playgirl mag would give proper southern grannies "the vapors!"

Quote Originally Posted by Beeyotch View Post
    Then she'd call a few dozen of her closest friends to come see this trash-so they could be equally shocked! They'd talk for years!

So Brad Pitt says he suffers from 'congenital sadness' and it is a 'southern thing'..any comments Southerners???
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

That boy ain't right! He's just what we'd call "simple."

If I was up your ass you'd know where I am!

I once took my grandmother's sister to see a male strip show because she said she's always wanted to. Well, the first guy comes out and when he gets down to his g-string she says, "Well, he got a slop jar full of roots, don't he!"

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread Information