Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: 'The South" thread

Finally someone who can cook on here. I can eat. Is that good enough?
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

My air conditioning in my car is broken and I'm wondering if I'll be able to make it to fall/winter without burning to death. That is one thing I've always hated about Texas: the summers. I could seriously just completely cut the summertime out of the calendar and I'd be happy.
    Now logic is a wonderful thing but it has, as the processes of evolution discovered, certain drawbacks. Anything that thinks logically can be fooled by something else which thinks at least as logically as it does. - Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    Finally someone who can cook on here. I can eat. Is that good enough?
    Oh yes, I can cook and I LOVE to cook for people. Not to brag of course, but you know it's bad when my husband says I can out cook his grandma, HIS own MOTHER and my mom. I love it too. We have this joke with his family......they won't allow me to cook for Thanksgiving or Christmas anymore because they say my dishes are the only ones that get eaten. I think it's the truth though, after I cooked one year and everyone raved over my food, the next year they didn't ask me to fix a thing and when I offered the ladies just said, "bring a Pepsi or two." You know old southern women think they all know how to cook so when this 30 year old out did them it was funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    Oh yes, I can cook and I LOVE to cook for people. Not to brag of course, but you know it's bad when my husband says I can out cook his grandma, HIS own MOTHER and my mom. I love it too. We have this joke with his family......they won't allow me to cook for Thanksgiving or Christmas anymore because they say my dishes are the only ones that get eaten. I think it's the truth though, after I cooked one year and everyone raved over my food, the next year they didn't ask me to fix a thing and when I offered the ladies just said, "bring a Pepsi or two." You know old southern women think they all know how to cook so when this 30 year old out did them it was funny.
    I'm so envious! I still haven't learned how to cook all of my grandmother's recipes and I'm 22. I better hurry up and get on it if I'm gonna be making home-made chicken and noodles (It is the stuff of gods) better than my Mom!
    Now logic is a wonderful thing but it has, as the processes of evolution discovered, certain drawbacks. Anything that thinks logically can be fooled by something else which thinks at least as logically as it does. - Douglas Adams

There's nothing wrong with Maccaroni and cheese.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

There's nothing wrong with Maccaroni and cheese.
    There isn't. But BAKED Macaroni and Cheese is even better! With a saltine cracker crust and warm, gooey, cheesy goodness.... Mmmmmmm.....

^Oh, I make this macaroni casserole that is so damn good. You take ritz crackers and butter them and then crumble them on top and bake it all up. Man, it's good.

Great, now I'm hungry. Gonna cook Chilly style.

*reaches for the phone*
    -Bugdoll-

Now I'm hungry too! But I have to go to work..... I don't wanna.

Great, now I'm hungry. Gonna cook Chilly style.

*reaches for the phone*

I love it when my Aunts say they are "fixin'" to "cook up a mess of greens"-they mean cook a lot of fresh turnip greens. I would love to see PB and A*O come down here and get in the kitchen with them!
    Both of them AND my Aunts would be in hoggy heaven.The only "canned" goods used are things they canned themselves. Now,PB might have to point out it is NOT necessary to put lard on the salmon(pity) but when they got to the cakes-lord help us! We would gain weight just walking by the kitchen.I can just here it after they left:
    "Flora Jean-which one was from Up North? " "Well now,Sudie-I can't remember because I was chopping onion when they got here, but I think it was the tall one." "Why the tall one, Flora Jean?"" Goodness gracious,Sudie! You know they got longer days up there! They grow taller!" "Oh hush your mouth! Of course! But lord-they sure can cook!""They sure can! I wonder if that Aussie woman can get all that past customs" "Well-I sent extra for them.I know custom folk are very fond of Silk pie. They'll be back directly."
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Gold Member

It's more like Southerners had a problem with me. I'm a pacifist, I hate guns, I am against capital punishment, I hate racism or discrimination of any nature, I am the furthest thing from a Republican you could possibly imagine.
    I don't like guns either, and I am against capital punishment as well. Maybe I wouldn't fit in too well down there. I'll just eat up some desserts and fly back to LA. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    How everyone pulls over for a funeral procession. I forgot about this one until yesterday. I knew the people in that car were from further south because they pulled over. I think that is so sweet and respectful for the deceased.
    What a cool little gesture DarkSith. I like respectful things like that too, I didn't know they did that down there.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    My mistake! Friends??
    No, bitch, bend over!

Hm, okay, maybe if you cook for me.
    LOL.

I'm glad I read this thread, because I always associated the 'South' with a bunch of negative things. Remember those kids from the beginning of 'Mean Girls', that type of thing.
    Do I look like I care?

Quote Originally Posted by VenusInFauxFurs View Post
    Something as a foreigner I have found very odd is the almost obsession some Southerners have with the Civil War. The heritage pride stuff. The confederate flag waving and all that stuff. Seems it's a hurtful symbol to so many.
    The Civil War was possibly one of the most important wars in our history. Had the South won the US would be two separate countries. I'd say that's very important to a lot of Americans. Of course I am a history buff though so I love this stuff. I do agree with the Confederate flag part, the only time I want to see it is on this...

Yay for the Good Ole Boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

Swear to God, my daddy had a charger like that right before I was born. He bought it from the dealership and it was painted just like the General Lee. I have old pictures at the house of him with it.
    I am not joking!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread Information