Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: 'The South" thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetie View Post
    ^ You are tagged with the name "sissy" too, I see.
    That's what my family calls me too.
    I guess that's a southern thing as well.

I got the cooking gene so I will cook for all of you!!!!!!!!
    I can whip up some mighty fine vittles, if I do say so myself. lol

Add my daughter to your new Sissy club! That's what her little brothers always call her. And I have to admit, she was kinda names after some people in Gone with the wind. LOL.

I remember I think it was Dixie Carter on Designing Women talking about how we like our crazy people out in the open because we like to show them off? LOL.
    Last edited by Tati; September 23rd, 2007 at 10:04 AM.

G.R.I.T.S Rule - 'nuff said!
    translation for y'all yankees: Girls Raised In The South

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic515_3.gif

Quote Originally Posted by darksithbunny View Post
    Add my daughter to your new Sissy club! That's what her little brothers always call her. And I have to admit, she was kinda names after some people in Gone with the wind. LOL.

I remember I think it was Dixie Carter on Designing Women talking about how we like our crazy people out in the open because we like to show them off? LOL.
    We really do-it is almost a competition to see who has the battiest relatives! Then argue over whose family REALLY put the "fun" in dysfunctional!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

I love Designing Women - Julia Sugarbaker (The Terminator) was my hero and still is. Every now and again I can find an episode on ...
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsDark View Post
    A white girl I know here who dates a black guy has on several occasions been verbally (and once physically) assaulted by a black woman/women. So much so that about the only place they can go where the majority of people are black and NOT be hassled is church where his mother also goes. And even there she still gets the occasional hostile glare. Anywhere else they hang out in this area (again, Mississippi) no one bats an eye, much less fucks with them, even if it's somewhere where he's the sole black person in the joint, they are treated politely and for the most part, with respect. Yes there is racism here. But people would be surprised at which direction it's coming from nowadays more often than not.
    This is true.

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    We really do-it is almost a competition to see who has the battiest relatives! Then argue over whose family REALLY put the "fun" in dysfunctional!
    Ha.. my mom is named Sissy (not her real name but what she's been called since birth).

The thing that really stands out to me about the South is SHAGGING!
    [YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=CaUWs63iBz0[/YOUTUBE]

Quote Originally Posted by Mel1973 View Post
    I love Designing Women - Julia Sugarbaker (The Terminator) was my hero and still is. Every now and again I can find an episode on ...
    I loved Designing Women..such a damn good show. Remember when Julia gave the speech to 'Ray Don" or whatever his name was about wanting to sit with them at that restaurant? Julia at her terminator best.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    I loved Designing Women..such a damn good show. Remember when Julia gave the speech to 'Ray Don" or whatever his name was about wanting to sit with them at that restaurant? Julia at her terminator best.
    oh yeah! I want to thank YOU, Ray Don - loves it!! Didn't it turn out that Ray Don was an IRS auditor later and wound up auditing Julia??

I loved the one where their gay friend found out he had AIDs and wanted them to design a funeral parlor and one of their other stuck up friends said that "AIDs was God's punishment for gays" and Julia told her that if "STDs were God's way of handing out punishment to sinners, she'd be at the free clinic ALL the time"....
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(_)П

I totally forgot about shagging! LOL. I love it!!!!
    Remember the movie?

oh yeah! I want to thank YOU, Ray Don - loves it!! Didn't it turn out that Ray Don was an IRS auditor later and wound up auditing Julia??

I loved the one where their gay friend found out he had AIDs and wanted them to design a funeral parlor and one of their other stuck up friends said that "AIDs was God's punishment for gays" and Julia told her that if "STDs were God's way of handing out punishment to sinners, she'd be at the free clinic ALL the time"....
    Yes Ray Don was the auditor! lol..and Julia tried to suck up to him. LOL One of my favorites was the one where the niece was trying to get Berniece declared nuts..and then all of the gang was particularly nuttin' it up in front of the judge-Mary Jo juggling the imaginary underwear and Suzanne with her 'jawing' cause of her ear problems and talking about Cappy Badminton and her tits..

" The sun went up- that top came off..the sun went down-that top came off-the moon went up-that top came off..I was hoping a shark would eat her and die of silcone poisoning!"

My favorite was when they all got arrested and Suzanne used their one phone call to cancel her appointment with the hair dresser!
    And when she told a guy's parents he was bi-sexual on the grounds that if the rest of us have to make a decision,so should he!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

And I will never forget that Valentina Tereshkova was the first woman in space! (spa/cheating at Trivial Pursuit episode!)*

*otherwise known as the 'big girls' vs 'brains' episode..("I am not fat..I am pregnant"..then Suzanne, "So I guess the rest of us must just be fat and childless?" )

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    And I will never forget that Valentina Tereshkova was the first woman in space! (spa/cheating at Trivial Pursuit episode!)*

*otherwise known as the 'big girls' vs 'brains' episode..("I am not fat..I am pregnant"..then Suzanne, "So I guess the rest of us must just be fat and childless?" )
    Charlene wasn't pregnant then, she'd had a baby six weeks ago which led Suzanne to say that Charlene was inferring that the rest of 'em were just fat and childish... I love that trivial pursuit one.... Suzanne memorizing all the answers. And I don't know why but sometimes I just wanted to punch Mary-Jo in the mouth for no apparent reason...

La Place sans Souci (1990)
    Suzanne invites everyone, including Anthony, for a weekend at a fancy health spa at her expense. While Julia and Mary Jo try to gain weight, Suzanne and Charlene suffer on the stringent plan to lose weight. Suzanne also plots to get even with Mary Jo and Julia for making her and Charlene feel dumb by challenging them to a game of Trivial Pursuit to which she has memorized all the answers.
    Last edited by Tati; September 25th, 2007 at 05:54 PM.
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    П(_)П

La Place sans Souci (1990)
    Suzanne invites everyone, including Anthony, for a weekend at a fancy health spa at her expense. While Julia and Mary Jo try to gain weight, Suzanne and Charlene suffer on the stringent plan to lose weight. Suzanne also plots to get even with Mary Jo and Julia for making her and Charlene feel dumb by challenging them to a game of Trivial Pursuit to which she has memorized all the answers.
    I actually named my garden La Place sans Souci after that aired(which in my uncouthness I figured basically meant 'carefree place'.). LOl. Yeah I forgot she kept saying she had just had a baby. I loved the ending when they were driving home after getting kicked out and were all dirty faced and humiliated after the mudbath fight. Good times..good times.

I totally forgot about shagging! LOL. I love it!!!!
    Remember the movie?
    Yep!!! That movie was a classic.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread Information