Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Small Wedding in Italy

Quote Originally Posted by autumn View Post
    Never thought of that that way. I know my friend really just wants family and close friends there becuase then it's more intimate and after the wedding they all can travel abit and have a good time. You can't do it with 100 of guests.
    That's the same thing Laurent said, but you sugar coated it and dressed it up kinda purrty!! Will they only serve desserts at the reception?
    Baltimore O's ​Fan!

I don''t know if she really fucked the board though. Maybe just put the tip in. -Mrs. Dark

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

I can second-hand-second the recommendation for Siena. The Bloke has been there many times with work and can't speak highly enough of the area. Just be careful about dates as there is a horse race run there on July 2nd and August 16th and everywhere will be fully booked around those dates.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

a friend/colleague of mine got married in brazil in april. she's peruvian but moved with her family to brazil and met her now husband in slovenia.
    we covered our own expenses (and i didn't expect otherwise) but we lucked out. we flew with Air France/KLM for less than 350 euro/person. we stayed for 2.5 weeks and tried to see as much of the country as possible. it was a relatively small wedding (~ 60 people) with a 'belgian delegation' of around 15 people, i think. we all met and greeted each other on the day of the wedding. my friend put everyone up in a b&b and sent a minivan to pick us up at 8 o' clock in the evening. the wedding (ceremony, reception, dinner and party) was held in a fancy restaurant on the outskirts of her hometown. at the end of the night we went back to our b&b by minivan.

Quote Originally Posted by yanna View Post
    It is more or less understood that if a couple makes you go into all those expenses they shouldn't expect a very fancy gift.
    i agree with that, and yet... i didn't give my friend(s) who got married in brazil less than what i would have given them if they got married here. we really had an amazing time in brazil. i'm now convinced that a wedding invitation is a good reason to visit places you might not think of going to yourself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information