Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Might be going to The Mayan Riviera in Mexico, anybody been?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    Only 7 days, i wont want to spend most of it on the toilet
    you'll be fine! i swear, half the time people make themselves sick by being so worried they're going to get sick with those dirty third world germs. just don't drink tap water or have salads and for the rest, you'll be fine. if you want to be extra careful, no ice outside of the resort - you can be sure most places make it with tap water, not bottled.
    but that's about all the precautions i'd take. relax, eat the food, enjoy your trip.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

All my drinks will be alcoholic just to make sure. Yeah.. that's the reason. *hic*
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

^^^
    hey, it's medicinal. you need it to disinfect anything you eat. tequila is great for that. be sure to buy yourself a bottle of don julio to take back with you. that stuff is awesome.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

I lurv tequila... *nom nom*
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Oh figures.. price just got jacked up over the last 2 hours.

^^^
    by too much?
    if not, you should still go. or look for another resort in the same area. and then book it right away!

by about 100, which is stretching it out of my present ability to finance... till next friday lol

damn paydays

aw fuck. are you going with a friend? if it's a richer friend, tell them to put both of yours on his card and then you can pay him back next pay day...

Im not sure why the price would jump like that within 2 hours

it's the same with plane tickets. it might go down again too. you just never know.
    i bought tickets a few weeks ago for a trip to the south of chile over christmas. two other friends bought theirs maybe 3 days before i did and yet they paid about 20 dollars more, each. and then another friend bought hers about 2 weeks after all of us and she got them the cheapest of all of us. it makes no sense. same flight, same plane, everything...

Because you posted a link to the resort and we gave it a lot of hits...
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

^ that wouldn't surprise me.

it depends what time of day you book. keep checking back, the price will drop back down again.

Chichen Itza, the pre-Columbian archaeological site. Jeff Bridges and Rachel Ward climbed all over it in Against All Odds and then had hot naked sex in a cave.

Elite Member

We're going for our 3rd visit in 5 years to Cancun, which is not far from there, in November. Bring Pepto and have a big slug prophylatically every morning. Here's the real issue....in that part of the world, the toilets flush directly out into the open water...no septics. When you are going scuba diving (and you should absolutely take a daytrip to Cozumel, not only for the world famous snorkel/scuba, but they have a great more caribbean vibe) you will notice that the water is quite murky and brown for the first 1/4 mile and then when you get away from the hotel beach it's brilliant blue. When you go into whatever shop or restaurant, you will see signs saying dont flush the toilet paper...that's why. If you are not going way off shore for scuba/snorkel, I prefer to stick with the pool for that reason.

You will be perfectly safe at any major resort. Are you staying at one of the Royals? Though much as I enjoy partaking, I will not be buying any smokey on that trip to be on the safe side.

Cenote diving is loads of fun, though I myself am a bit claustophobic for that type of under ground cavern system. But the distance of visibility is really remarkable 100'+. Enjoy! Oh, ps dont forget that most 'prescription drugs' are over the counter there, so stock up!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information