Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Irritating expats

Ummm...what are expats? Sorry for the ignorance.

And while I know some richy-rich types, the worst I've ever heard is that their personal shopper didn't get the right size last week or that they had to be put on a waiting list for some 4k purse.

Then again, I won't sit and talk and flat out won't attend events where people like this congregate. I have less than no use for them.

My husband just last week told me that I should go to this opening to mingle with these people we are acquaintances with, now that we are going to be doing business with their lot, and I was like - are you crazy? Do you really want to chance me, with possibly some liquor, and those conversations? You can be pretty sure that in those circumstances they won't want to do business with us for very long.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Quote Originally Posted by nwgirl View Post
    Ummm...what are expats? Sorry for the ignorance.

And while I know some richy-rich types, the worst I've ever heard is that their personal shopper didn't get the right size last week or that they had to be put on a waiting list for some 4k purse.

Then again, I won't sit and talk and flat out won't attend events where people like this congregate. I have less than no use for them.

My husband just last week told me that I should go to this opening to mingle with these people we are acquaintances with, now that we are going to be doing business with their lot, and I was like - are you crazy? Do you really want to chance me, with possibly some liquor, and those conversations? You can be pretty sure that in those circumstances they won't want to do business with us for very long.
    lol nwgirl you sound like me after one or two drinks.

expatriots are people who emigrate to or live in another country for a time.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

I haven't got any problem with anyone, regardless of their socio-economic status. What I do have a problem with is when some, usually new rich, get an extraordinarily out of proportion sense of entitlement. Then all bets are off...especially if I've had a few.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information