Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to fly coach in comfort

Chairman's Circle does coach does it?

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge."

-- Stephen Hawking

Well considering the fact that Chairman's Circle counts less than 200 people as their super-elites I'm willing to bet none of them schlep around in coach.

Zee

Just throw me Biscoff cookies and I'm happy.

If you plunk down your Amex/AAA cards- most elite exclusive flight clubs will let you in. We call it travel bingo and I am usually able to get into any club.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

Spirit Airlines is one of the biggest scams. They call themselves an ultra low fare airline, however, they charge for EVERYTHING. Luggage, drinks, snacks, etc. By the time I got through paying for all the extras on my flight, I might as well had flown with another airline. They lost my luggage and looked at me like I was crazy when I asked to get my money back for not getting my luggage in Tampa when I got there. Bastards.

I have no issues with Southwest, because I know what I'm getting into when I fly with them. I used to fly them all the time, but when I moved, the closest city to me that has Southwest is Birmingham.

Delta and AirTran pretty much rule where I live, so no need to guess what city I live in...

I only get CC perks when I am traveling with my dad, which is basically on family vacations... when I'm alone or with friends, I'm flying coach.

You fly schedualed flights? Surprised you haven't got a private jet.

I fly transatlantic quite a bit and they're pretty much the same but I had a terrible experience with Virgin where someone spilt hot tea on me & they told me to mop the seat - I was more worried about the burning hot tea all over me.
    Free Charmed.

I had an experience once, I don't remember what airline, where they decided to seat an unaccompanied minor in my window seat to "make them more comfortable" and made me move to an aisle seat. Basically, they switched my seat with this kid's seat without my consent. I was furious, because I prefer window seats and that was what I signed up for when I purchased the ticket.

^^ And daddy wasn't there to help? Tsk. The things they put us through!
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

You see to me getting possessive about a seat will get you shitty treatment from the staff, well being shitty to any staff ESP ones that supply you food is always a BAD idea. I really don't care where I sit on flights, am always polite and regularly get free upgrades or any little extras that are going. But then my ego doesn't need plumping at others expense.
    Free Charmed.

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Flying sucks these days unless you're flying business or first.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

I really don't understand all of the hostility and the "daddy" comments and I frankly think they're rude and uncalled for. I was just pointing out that the way I get treated with I'm with him and the way I'm treated when flying alone are different, and that my preference for Continental may be influenced by that and somewhat biased.

at least they gave you an aisle seat when they traded your seat for the kid's.
    i prefer window too, even if i have to climb over someone every time i go pee. but i don't mind aisle if the only alternative is the dreaded middle seat.

i haven't flown continental in years but i remember it wasn't bad at all.
    i usually get stuck flying american airlines when i have to go through the US, because of schedules or dates or because it's substantially cheaper than the others and i'm the first to admit, i'm cheap when it comes to plane tickets. you might suffer a few hours but i'd rather pay less and then spend my money once i get to my destination. but i'm the first to admit AA are fucking awful. and their staff are always rude. or you get those condescending old bitches that call everyone 'hon' and 'sugar' and even their most hypocritical smile doesn't hide their massive case of bitchface.

and butt, i totally agree. i save my miles so i can upgrade to business on long flights. short flights in coach i don't mind but if you're spending 10 hours on a plane, flying business really does make all the difference in the world. i just refuse to pay for it.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Does anyone know if there is a limit to the number of alcoholic beverages you can purchase on a flight? Do they ever "cut people off" ?

I've seen people get pretty sloshed in coach. Unless they become belligerent or sick I don't think they cut you off. Not sure how it works for the elite passengers though... I'm sure they'd keep the drinks flowing regardless

I always feel bad for the people sitting near me, because I inevitably have to use the barf bag. I get motion sickness very easily, despite Dramamine, ginger and one of those things you strap on your wrist that sends little shocks up a nerve in your hand.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information