Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hotels - the world's best and your favourites

Currently, I'm just a little sick of luxury and decadence in poor countries.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!

Gold Member

some of those hotels look amazing, i don't have travel plans though (no money lol)

Your Pocket

Yeah, this list doesn't make a whole lot of sense like the others said, there are definitely hotels missing.
    I thought so too, but it's a good jumping off point. We can all post our own faves/fantasies. I'd really like to stay at the Banff Springs one day.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

Default Your favorite hotels

What are some of your favorite hotels? Include pictures!

Four Seasons Hualalai
    Kona-Kohala coast of the Big Island of Hawaii
    It's very private and the amenities are great. Guests stay in private cottages. Offers adults only pool with bar and poolside cabanas. Lagoon with exotic fish and eagle rays for snorkeling. I enjoyed the opportunity to swim with and feed the rays. They were beautiful creatures. Wonderful food and beach bonfires on the weekends are a great way to meet other guests (many of whom are celebrities) and socialize.

Hotel del Coronado
    Coronado, California
    Beautiful historic hotel. Sunday brunch in the crown room is a must. L. Frank Baum wrote the Wizard of Oz here, and there is tons of Wizard of Oz memorabilia and merchandise. Tea and cocktails served in the lobby. Staying here, you feel like you have gone back in time. Many movies are filmed here, and they have a tv channel in the rooms exclusively for those films.

The Royal Orleans
    New Orleans, Louisiana
    Gorgeous, quaint hotel with amazing views. Located in the French Quarter. Rooftop pool and balcony overlooking the Quarter. Rooms aren't huge, but they are cozy and very tastefully decorated. Wonderfully attentive staff.

The Jefferson
    Richmond, Virginia
    Elegant hotel with large, attractive rooms. They provide transportation around Richmond, so you don't need to worry about driving if you want to go to a bar. Excellent food.

The Enzian Inn
    Leavenworth, Washington

You feel like you're in a different country. Very warm and cozy getaway. I haven't been in about 10 years, but I remember really enjoying it.

More photos here

Hotel Deca
    Seattle, Washington

Funky, modern hotel. Very cool and reasonably priced.

The Hill Country Hyatt
    San Antonio, Texas

Beautiful, relaxing resort in the hill country. I love the lazy river. Great place to take a family because there is something for everyone to enjoy. If anyone is looking for a place to have a family vacation, consider San Antonio. You can take your kids, stay in this hotel, and visit attractions such as Fiesta Texas, Sea World, the Riverwalk, and the Mexican market.

Last edited by southernbelle; April 29th, 2008 at 06:54 PM.

Royal Orleans is the only one I've been to-loved it!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Sheraton Maui......the most gorgeous hotel we have EVER stayed at. The cliffs, the service, the gardens. Stunning.

Believe it or not; the Hilton in Niagara Falls Ontario. Hate to admit it. Obviously nothing like the above hotel, but for a 'close by Hotel', its quite nice. I organized a family reunion there and we had an incredible time. Had dinner in a private dining room overlooking the Falls on the 34th floor--had to take a special elevator and everything to it! Though, you could also take the stairs if you desired. It was wonderful. Just saying if you are in that area.....

Those look amazing SB!

Canada baby!

The Chateau Frontenac:

Standing high on a bluff overlooking the mighty St. Lawrence River, Fairmont Le Château Frontenac is not merely a hotel located in the heart of Old Québec - it is the heart of Old Québec. Offering exquisite dining opportunities through renowned Executive Chef Jean Soulard, superior meeting facilities and a distinctive european charm, this stately hotel stands above historic Old Québec, designated a United Nations World Heritage Site.

Your experience at this newly restored heritage hotel will guarantee you a memorable and inspiring stay in one of the most beautiful cities in the world with easy walking access to all of the wonderful sites and experiences that Old Québec has to offer.

The Chateau Laurier

Reflecting the confidence, dignity and style of Ottawa, Fairmont Château Laurier stands as a testament to this dynamic, thriving city. Located in the heart of Canada's capital next door to the Parliament Buildings, the landmark Fairmont Château Laurier is a magnificent limestone edifice with turrets and masonry reminiscent of a French château.

The Banff Springs Hotel

Few hotels in the world can rival the majesty, hospitality and scenery of The Fairmont Banff Springs. Its unique blend of opulence and seclusion has been a symbol of Rocky Mountain magnificence for more than a century. Styled after a Scottish baronial castle, The Fairmont Banff Springs offers stunning vistas, championship golf courses, unparalleled skiing, classic cuisine and Willow Stream, a world class European-style spa. Experience timeless beauty and luxurious comfort in a pristine wilderness.

"Books are the quietest and most constant of friends; they are the most accessible and wisest of counsellors, and the most patient of teachers."

torn between two places

The Drake in Chicago! (i think some of the pictures were cut in half posting them)

the old House of Blues Hotel Chicago (now Hotel Sax) there aren't pictures anymore since it's been redone. lame.

and the Westin in Cabo San Lucas.

I'm a hard act to follow because when I'm done, I take the microphone with me.

in a van down by the river

i love the Hotel Del Coronado. my high school Senior Dinner was there, hub used to work next door to it. i walk on the beach right by it, its beautiful. the pictures just dont do it justice!
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information