Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Family of Rowdy, Littering Tourists Terrorize New Zealand

Quote Originally Posted by SHELLEE View Post
    These travelers that you guys speak of sound intriguing. Iíve never experienced these type of people.
    There was a news story that went national several years ago involving Irish Travellers in Mishawaka, IN. The women scammers liked to hit department stores, shoplift and then try to return the items for cash. One of their little girls raised a ruckus in the store and the mother was videotaped on surveillance beating the crap out of the kid in the parking lot. She was tracked down, arrested and her kid placed in foster care. There were lots of news stories and I still remember a Dateline that showed their lifestyle, including big fancy galas they would have to showcase their daughters in slutty finery to get them married off before they became 15 year old spinsters. They're basically Irish gypsies.

https://culteducation.com/group/993-...travelers.html

There was also a cable show called The Riches that starred Eddie Izzard and Minnie Driver about a Traveller family that assumed the identity of a dead family. I was pissed when they cancelled it after 2 seasons.
    sprynkles likes this.
    These people don't give a fuck about YOU or us. It's a message board, for Christ's sake. ~ mrs.v ~
    ~"Fuck off! Aim higher! Get a life! Get away from me!" ~the lovely and talented Miss Julia Roberts~

A*O

Don’t be fooled by the images of quaint romantic horse drawn caravans. These days they often live in very modern (and expensive) state of the art caravans covered in chrome and engraved glass complete with aircon and other mod cons. The area around is littered with junk but the vans themselves are spotless. The menfolk “earn” the money, cash only, natch, while the women stay home and cook/clean/breed.
    If all the women in this place were laid end to end, I wouldnít be surprised - Dorothy Parker

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

You know when travellers have arrived in town. Anything that has a scrap value gets pinched and by the time all the stories appear in the local papers about little old ladies paying over their life savings for their driveways being resurfaced or their roof fixed (which is either never done or done so badly they have to have it done again) they are long gone, leaving nothing but massive amounts of rubbish and local pubs nearly out of business due to being expected to be 'hospitable' or else.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

Quote Originally Posted by lindsaywhit View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by A*O View Post
    Don’t be fooled by the images of quaint romantic horse drawn caravans. These days they often live in very modern (and expensive) state of the art caravans covered in chrome and engraved glass complete with aircon and other mod cons. The area around is littered with junk but the vans themselves are spotless. The menfolk “earn” the money, cash only, natch, while the women stay home and cook/clean/breed.
    They'd be pretty stupid to still live in horse drawn caravans - it's a Van Gogh, and I just thought it was interesting.

I don't have any personal experience with the Romani; I just know that Hitler and Himmler hated them almost as much as Jews and homosexuals, and they were vilified as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information