Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Europe's most idyllic places to live

I think all the people stacked on top of each other in europe would make me go batty after awhile.

I like the Canadian virtue of driving for an hour outside of any city and being utterly ALONE in the wilderness. You can actually get away from EVERYBODY.

A lot of europeans find that scary when they come over here.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post
    I think all the people stacked on top of each other in europe would make me go batty after awhile.

I like the Canadian virtue of driving for an hour outside of any city and being utterly ALONE in the wilderness. You can actually get away from EVERYBODY.

I'd quite like that. I'd like to stay in the middle of nowhere for a while. The Canadian scenery is gorgeous... I think it would be a nice and peaceful place to take a holiday.

You can get a mountain cabin away from everybody, or paddle down a river and camp alongside the bank.. utterly alone from everybody. Just you and nature.

I don't think i could live without that. I've never done it, but it's a comforting psychological security blanket for me.
    I am from the American CIA and I have a radio in my head. I am going to kill you.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i think vienna is underrated. it can appear boring but if you live there and know where to go, it's a very cool city, even if it's not berlin or paris or new york. my parents were there for over 7 years and i lived there for 2 of them, and visited loads the rest of the time and i was never bored. and it has amazing quality of life.
    I would love to live in Vienna or Salzburg .. they seem like the perfect mix of quaint and urban.

Mallorca looks amazing, too. Marbella is another place that would be awesome.

Jeez.. these places are all so gorgeous.

^^^
    you don't want to live in salzburg, believe me. it's not urban, just very very quaint and touristy.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Friend of Gossip Rocks! buttmunch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grimmlok View Post

You can do that in Europe, particularly Scandinavia. Hell, Stockholm has one million people yet you can drive 20 minutes and be in the forest with nothing but pine tress for company. That's what makes it so great. There are lots of places in Europe like that. It's not as populated as you'd think.
    'Those who sacrifice liberty for security deserve neither.' Ben Franklin

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    --Sinclair Lewis

Hit By Ban Bus!

I like Budapest by looking at the pic. Have never been to any European country.

Elite Member

Rome. Rome. Rome.

Sometimes Canada can be scary in a really weird existential way - standing in the forest and knowing there is no-one anywhere - did anyone see "Black Robe" when the priest just loses it in the winter forest.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information