Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: Dream Vacations/Trips

A world cruise on one of the upscale ships like the QM2, or one of the ships from Celebrity, Holland America or Seabourn.
    Good luck getting a cat to do anything let alone join in on your sexcapades. - Air Quotes

Way, way too many to list.
    But #1 would be Croatia/the Dalmatian Coast, then on throughout E. Europe and ending in Scandinavia.

In the summertime, though-- I'm a wimp. I was in Ireland/Wales the last part of Aug. to Sept. last year, and assumed that was still "summertime" there. Not at all.
    Santa is an elitist mother fucker -- giving expensive shit to rich kids and nothing to poor kids.

fgg

^i want to do croatia and scandanavia as well.

i've been to greece, italy, germany, austria, slovakia, the bahamas, mexico and jamaica. we plan to do a tropical vacation each year to celebrate our anniversary and then try to do another big vacation (7 days+) somewhere else towards the beginning of each year. we just keep coming up with ideas that it is truly hard to nail something down!
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Zee

Iceland, Scandanivia, New Zealand, Greece, Croatia
    effie2 likes this.
    Drive a car, drive a boat, drive a plane. What does it matter? As long as I'm drunk!
    pəʇɐɔɐɯnpə ɹ ı

I'd love to see Denmark and Italy since our families originated there. In fact, I'd love to see most of Europe (Spain, Germany, France, Austria).

We've been to 10-12 Caribbean islands but I'd move to St. John in a heartbeat. I'm not sure I'd ever leave once I got there.

Elite Member

The island of Kaua'i, Hawaii. The most beautiful island by far and very relaxing, it doesn't boast much nightlife though if that's what you're after.
    "You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel."

Quote Originally Posted by Clubber Lang View Post
    The island of Kaua'i, Hawaii. The most beautiful island by far and very relaxing, it doesn't boast much nightlife though if that's what you're after.
    Hawaii is my dream trip too! I know it's not paradise (anymore) but ever since I was a kid Hawaii was the ultimate dream. I watch Hawaii five-o for the scenery

We got stuck at the airport in Cairo in July 2013 on the way to Bangkok with my friend so I didn't get to see the pyramids but we were thisclose!
    Clubber Lang likes this.

My dream is to travel abroad, I've never been outside this country. I would like to stay in a place for a month or so and get to know it, no tourist guides and no rushing to get back to the bus or get my picture taken in front of this or that landmark. I need time and I love to walk.
    I have never been to the Patagonia, but I want to live there: there is few people, lots of sheep, it's cold and it has great landscapes. I would like to see the glaciers.

^I've never heard of Patagonia before, but that is beautiful! I'm adding that to my list.

patagonia is not only one of my favourite places in the world, it's also one of my favourite words (say it out loud several times, it just sounds better every time).
    palta is right - few people, cold, sheep, and incredible, very extreme landscapes and some of the most incredible skies i have ever seen. it really does feel like you're at the end of the world.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    patagonia is not only one of my favourite places in the world, it's also one of my favourite words (say it out loud several times, it just sounds better every time).
    palta is right - few people, cold, sheep, and incredible, very extreme landscapes and some of the most incredible skies i have ever seen. it really does feel like you're at the end of the world.
    A girlfriend of mine says the very same, she fell in love with Patagonia.

And I do the same thing with the "Caledonia Gorge" here! It's just a beautiful sounding word. Almost as beautiful as "Israel" to me.
    sparkles and sputnik like this.
    If you reveal your secrets to the wind you should not blame the wind for revealing them to the trees.

- Kahlil Gibran

fgg

patagonia is on our list as well. my husband is very into chef frances mallmann and he has a home on an island there. we watched a special on him and that was all it took.
    palta likes this.
    can't post pics because my computer's broken and i'm stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Geest View Post
    Hawaii is my dream trip too! I know it's not paradise (anymore) but ever since I was a kid Hawaii was the ultimate dream. I watch Hawaii five-o for the scenery
    It's paradise if you plan it in advance. We were there in 1999 and the experience was magic. Ironically, we were there in the first place for Mrs. Mohandas' business trip on the big island - she was providing network support for scientists who were presenting their findings on SETI research. We were booked into a room that normally costs $600 a night at the Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel. Discounted to $200 a night and paid for by the conference.

Eventually we hit Maui, and then Oahu, where her sister's family lived. Oahu is the most developed but has the most stuff to see - Missouri, Arizona, Bellows Beach, Sandy Beach, North Shore, downtown Waikiki, Polynesian Cultural Center, Hanama Bay (amazing for snorkelers and little kids). I'm sure I'm missing a bunch of stuff.
    Clubber Lang and Geest like this.

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    patagonia is on our list as well. my husband is very into chef frances mallmann and he has a home on an island there. we watched a special on him and that was all it took.

i've been to a couple of mallmann's restaurants - the one in jose ignacio and the one in mendoza. they were yummy and very beautiful.
    fgg likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Quote Originally Posted by fgg View Post
    I've seen him on tv cooking in the middle of nowhere, it was captivating.
    fgg likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information