Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Do you like the place you live?

So glad you made the same experiences. Now that I live there, I do the same. I go out of my way for every tourist. It's the tradition, I have to keep it up. I used to be the grumpy type in the streets, now I talk to everyone.

SJ, your hometown looks so great. Almost Carribean, I love it!
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Uh, no.

Okay, tell us some more about it.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    Okay, tell us some more about it.
    D.C. 'nuff said.

Haha, yep. I understand. I used to live in Warrenton, near Mannassas. Know that?
    -Bugdoll-

The city I live (Troy, Michigan) is okay I guess. The gym I work at (A Bally's) is near me but I have to drive there cuz of the damn 5 lane streets that surround it plus the traffic going to the rich-people mall and to the offices that surround it. My apartment is nice and I know some of my neighbors.

I usually just go to other surrounding towns to party and stuff. Royal Oak, Michigan is a blast, I wished I lived there instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Authority View Post
    The city I live (Troy, Michigan) is okay I guess. The gym I work at (A Bally's) is near me but I have to drive there cuz of the damn 5 lane streets that surround it plus the traffic going to the rich-people mall and to the offices that surround it. My apartment is nice and I know some of my neighbors.

I usually just go to other surrounding towns to party and stuff. Royal Oak, Michigan is a blast, I wished I lived there instead.
    Working..(and working out) at a gym and all..you really need to post a pic here Mr. Authority!
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

I thought that was him in his avi...
    -Bugdoll-

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    I thought that was him in his avi...
    Oh Chilly! soooo mean.. Actually all I know is that he is a hottie and of Puerto Rican ancestry(IIRC). A hot freakin' Puerto Rican!

I was born in D.C. and raised in the suburbs of Northern VA. I can't say that I love it, but I love having so many options. Ideally I would live somewhere in the south with warm weather and the beach nearby, but the city has its perks with the historical value and things to do.

Chilly, I lived in Manassas for a year and it sucked. I used to call Old Town Manassas "Little El Salvador" because almost every single hispanic was from there. My mom is Salvadorean and she would never visit me and if she did she avoided that area. Talk about ironic... It's really strange how a few miles changes our perception of people. My brother was married in Warrenton just this past summer though, pretty nice area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I also choose to believe the rumors because I am, when it is all said and done, a dirty gossip.

I moved to Las Vegas a little over 2 years ago from the Texas Panhandle (the square part at the top that no one ever pays attention to). I miss Texas a lot. I loved having 4 distinct seasons, I loved being surrounded by ranches and farms, I loved the friendly people (the area is very, very conservative, which I did not like, but the people look after each other and will take care of each other in a flash). Out kids' schools were excellent.

Las Vegas is all right. We moved here because there are jobs galore, which was not the case in cow country. The cost of living is outrageous, though. Our rent for a 3-bedroom house is $1150/mo., median home price is around $300,000 (and that's for a cookie-cutter house made of what appears to be chicken wire and stucco... Our electric bill in the summer runs from $300-450 a month). The people here suck for the most part. They are uneducated and shallow (no big surprise, right?). But there are good things: plenty of entertainment, mountains for hiking and skiing, great shopping venues, great places to eat. And I like the live-and-let-live attitude here. You can be as weird as you want to be, and most people don't bat an eye.

The people who are pimping Dallas are nuts. A boring, conservative, concrete jungle of chain restaurants, movie theaters, and very little authentic culture. I grew up there and still have to go to see my family.

In fact, every place in Texas is pretty much a shithole other than Austin. Austin rocks. It's the state capital and a liberal oasis in a desert of Republicans, a large college town known as "the live music capital of the world," with lakes, hills, and loads of greenbelt space. The weather is usually great and there's always something cool to do....bars, restaurants, cafes, funky shops, indie theaters, galleries, etc. It's always listed in the top few places to live in America, for good reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Sojiita View Post
    Oh Chilly! soooo mean.. Actually all I know is that he is a hottie and of Puerto Rican ancestry(IIRC). A hot freakin' Puerto Rican!
    *I hope this was not offensive or anything..I had..uh..had a bit to drink when I was posting..*

Quote Originally Posted by ManxMouse View Post
    The people who are pimping Dallas are nuts. A boring, conservative, concrete jungle of chain restaurants, movie theaters, and very little authentic culture. I grew up there and still have to go to see my family.

In fact, every place in Texas is pretty much a shithole other than Austin. Austin rocks. It's the state capital and a liberal oasis in a desert of Republicans, a large college town known as "the live music capital of the world," with lakes, hills, and loads of greenbelt space. The weather is usually great and there's always something cool to do....bars, restaurants, cafes, funky shops, indie theaters, galleries, etc. It's always listed in the top few places to live in America, for good reason.
    I've lived all over and to me Dallas is just great-lots to do & see. Zoos Museums,shows. Yes-we DO have McDonalds , but you might try III Forks next you are here-plenty of others too. Not a republican in sight, so your opinion is-umm-odd. Austin is great,too. Just can't see why you'd knock this area!
    I didn't start out to collect diamonds, but somehow they just kept piling up.-Mae West

Elite Member

I don't like Vegas. I miss miss miss rain.

I don't find the people here quite endearing, either. Either people are living way beyond their means with seemingly no concept of priorities or budget or they are making an obscene amount of money with seemingly no concept of values or life in the "real world." And their driving habits are only a bonus frustration

Stylejunkie, I have lived in Chicago and it is beautiful. No car necessary. But expensive...And you still get yuppies.
    "Give me your love and I'll give you--the Perfect Love Song!"

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information