Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Do you like the place you live?

^^ I love it
    When your daughter plays "House," she pretends to be an annoying doctor with a pill-addiction and a limp.

So, what's wrong with Germany's immigration regulations?

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    Let's all have a little vacation at effie's next summer. 11 beds? That's 33 Gossip Rockers!
    Hahahaha!..effie let the cat out of the bag..SHE MUST MAKE ROOM FOR US ALL!!
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Gold Member

Well I love my Sydney climate (except when it gets to over 95) and mostly people are great. I love the winters. I haven't had to wear my winter coat in 4 years.

But I think the friendliest people in Australia are in Perth, Adelaide and Brisbane. Only trouble with Perth is it is a bit of a hike to the rest of Australia. If I didn't have family in Sydney and could get work Perth would be it for me.

It depends what you meant by hot. You will find that the N.T in Australian rarely goes below 95.

FYI tertiary education (College/University) has become reasonably expensive to what is was. We have a payment on our degrees called HECS (Higher Education System). Depending on the degree you do the charge varies. For example medicine is in the most expensive bracket and costs $6,283 per year. The debt accumulates and is not repayable until you start earning a certain income. Then the government starts recouping a percentage of what you owe.

I think I will immigrate to Germany to do some study. Seriously though I am proud to live in a country that has welfare for those that are not as fortunate as me. Paying my taxes is the least I can do so some of it goes to those that are not as lucky.

I think that Germany sounds like a wonderful and generous country to live in. I would be proud to live in such a caring country. It beats the countries where there is no welfare and the poor and unhealthy are left to the kindness of their families and strangers.

Silver Member

I think it’s pretty naive to say that one would love to live in Germany because of the good welfare. Everything that’s given to someone is being taken from someone else.
    And the real loser of the welfare system is the employed middle class.
    Gerd Wagner and Markus Grabka (in case you want to google it) did a study about the income distribution in Germany by order of the government.

At the beginning of the 90s self employed people had an income 40 % higher than the average income, now they have an income 50 % higher than the average. The income of employees stagnates since the 90s at 5 % over the average income. The reason for this is that self employed people, who ear more anyway, don’t have to pay into the social fonds unlike employees. Since the beginning of the nineties the amount of money self employed people have to give to the state dropped by 6 % and the employees had to pay 3% more. All together self employed folks have to pay 10% less taxes than employees despite they earn more money.
    The comparison between the beneficiaries of aid money (retired people, unemployed people) and employees shows that the income of a lot of people who receive aid money increased in the last 25 years, while the income of the employees stagnates. Retired people increased their income about 12% in the last 25 years while nothing changed with the employees’ income though employees pay most taxes. In the eighties pensioners (retired people who worked for the state once, I don’t know if it’s the same in other countries) had in income 18% higher than the average income, now they have an income 40% higher. Till 2000 the income of unemployed people developed even better than the income of employees. But now their income sunk due to reforms about 17% in comparison to employees. But to make a welfare system work the income of aid money receivers and the income of working people has to develop simultaneously.

The main problem of the Germany social state model is that the financing of the welfare state is linked to work only. In other countries welfare systems are paid by taxes and public money as well, in Germany they are only paid by the salary of employees. In the 50s, 60s and 70s the economy increased a lot, there was enough work to finance the welfare system by salaries.
    But then the system got exploited, more and more benefits where covered by the welfare system like treatments at health resorts despite the business activities and the working market began to weaken.
    After chancellor Kohl financed the German reunification by the salaries of employees as well, a vicious circle began. As soon as the costs for retirement or health insurance grew, the social service contributions increased. This made a lot of jobs more expensive which is why a lot were cancelled. The now employed increased the costs of social system. Therefore the social service contributions had to be increased again, and so on.

Arm durch Arbeit: Arbeitnehmer - die wahre Unterschicht - Wirtschaft - SPIEGEL ONLINE - Nachrichten

That’s why I am not a fan of the German welfare system because it’s not financed by everyone equally but by those who can’t afford to do it alone. IMO it’s not fair.

I think it’s really outrageous that people dare to say because of a few little remarks stuff like “oh, she hates poor people” or claiming it has racist reasons, that I said I like that other countries have limited immigration rules. The immigration rules don’t say you are not allowed to be black or arab or whatever, they say you get certain bonus points if you have working experience, certain qualifications or a certain age, and that you have to get a job there and speak the language. It doesn’t say you get 1000 bonus points if you are a white heterosexual Christian. Everybody who thinks these requirement exclude certain races, should think about his own prejudices.

I think this sounds fair and I don’t see a problem with it. If you do, don’t move there.
    Living in New Zealand
    New Zealand welcomes new migrants – people who will contribute to our country by bringing valuable skills or qualifications, setting up a business, or making a financial investment. We also offer opportunities for family reunification by allowing residents and citizens to sponsor family members for residence.

Living and joining family in New Zealand

This wasn’t meant to be apolitical or economical thread, but some people obviously feel the need to interpret every little thing one says.

Quote Originally Posted by ducki View Post
    I think it’s really outrageous that people dare to say because of a few little remarks stuff like “oh, she hates poor people” or claiming it has racist reasons, that I said I like that other countries have limited immigration rules. The immigration rules don’t say you are not allowed to be black or arab or whatever, they say you get certain bonus points if you have working experience, certain qualifications or a certain age, and that you have to get a job there and speak the language. It doesn’t say you get 1000 bonus points if you are a white heterosexual Christian. Everybody who thinks these requirement exclude certain races, should think about his own prejudices.
    You're constantly contradicting yourself. First you backpeddle and say that of course, poor people should be let in. Then you go ahead and praise the fact that only the well educated and qualified people are let in.

However, you should be aware of the fact, that most Africans don't have those qualifications, for instance. All poor people in need don't have those qualifications and are excluded. In most countries around the world, having a university degree equals coming from a wealthy background. Except for Germany, maybe. And wealth, in a lot of places, has to do with the color of your skin.

So how did you get those qualifications that make it possible for you to emigrate in the first place? That's right, the German government payed for it. That means I payed for it, because unlike you, I pay taxes in this country.

What do you plan on giving back? How dare you complain about people on welfare taking from the state. Sozialschmarotzer, that's what you are. Quote the Spiegel all you want, it won't change the fact that you are greedy and selfish.

Quote Originally Posted by ducki View Post
    This wasn’t meant to be apolitical or economical thread, but some people obviously feel the need to interpret every little thing one says.
    That tends to happen when you post things online. Believe it or not.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

I think I want to move to Greece. Effie always has the best pictures; everything looks SO lovely and peaceful.

Silver Member

I wasn't talking about poor people in general: there is a difference between people who seek asylum because there is war in their country or they are starving and people who are just poor but don't live in danger for their lives. It won't solve any problems if everyone who is poor emigrates to another country.
    And I never said that there shouldn't be any welfare any more. But it is not fair how the costs for this are distributed.
    Well, I got 150€ a month in child support, but if taxes where lower my parents would have saved the money anyway. And I study at a private school and pay only 320€ a month which is less than some students have to pay for a public university. No, I don't feel like a leech.
    By the way, what do you think abou foreign students who only come over to study and then head back home? Should this be forbidden? Should emigrating in general be forbidden because you are a Sozialschmarotzer if you do it?
    Tell this the thousands of Germans who emigrate every year.
    They are all selfish, antisocial assholes.

Since you have only profited and never payed taxes, you never contributed. You really don't see the difference?

I don't have a problem with emigrating in general, when did I say that? Unlike you I have spent long periods of my life abroad myself. So unlike you, I am able to compare and let me tell you, if you really do go abroad, you'll be singing a different tune very soon.

I said it's selfish of you to receive free medic care, child support and whatnot and then leave as soon as you would have to pay your first cent of taxes.

And then on top of that you dare to complain about people on welfare receiving too much money! I never would have said anything, if you hadn't been so insolent.

Do you really not see any fault in this?
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

So, what's wrong with Germany's immigration regulations?

"The howling backwoods that is IMDB is where film criticism goes to die (and then have its corpse gang-raped, called a racist, and accused of supporting Al-Qaeda)" ----Sean O'Neal, The Onion AV Club

Haha, Twitchy, I love you. Just keep on asking, girl, the answer is out there somewhere.

Dunno, guess they let in all the wrong folks with no private school qualifications. I mean, you really don't want that. It's okay if I want to move to another country to improve my standard of living, but it's really unjust if others want to do the same. I mean, it's not like they're starving!

Free medic care for a German child is fine with me, but a Turkish kid living in Germany? Get the hell out of here!
    -Bugdoll-

^^^
    fat fingers and wrong base coats too, i bet.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

Also, they tend to be so poorly educated, you really don't want that.

(To all the viewers who tuned in just now, I am being sarcastic)
    -Bugdoll-

^^^^
    and fat.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

And don't get me started on their blowouts! Hideous work!
    -Bugdoll-

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information