Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Disney World--Orlando Florida

Sorry to hear your girls were sick. Poor babies. We've gone to Disney a few times in the last ten years. If you want to give it another go, try it in October. There are no lines anywhere, the weather is a bit better, and food is no problem. Just don't tell anyone. LOL

^^Our good friends went this past October, but found it to be fairly busy (Halloween time). We are thinking of going again during the Winter Break (instead of Spring Break) because even if its not HOT HOT, it's STILL better than what we would be dealing w/in Syracuse. As long as it over 60, I'm happy.

Wow what fun Lynnie. Your poor girls though, that just sucks. Hope everyone's all better now.
    I would need a few days of rest after a vacation like that. Fun but exhausting. I absolutely loved Florida, it is so damn gorgeous there.

Meryl doesn't even try anymore. She just calls Lanvin and asks for curtains with a belt.~Bitter
    Can we interest you in Leann Rimes? She has a nice little cadre of fans you'd probably enjoy.~ Pecan Pie

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

yeah hopefully they'll just remember the good times from the vacay and not that they were sick

Oh wait--just one more thing and then I swear I am done! We went to 'Turtle Talk' at Epcot with Crush the Turtle (from Finding Nemo) and my oldest got picked to talk to him (only 2 of at least 75 did!) and he 'talked' to her (in front of everyone) for several minutes. She is painfully shy and she was with a bunch of kids up at the front of the exhibit, so I was nervous for her, but she did great and was sooo excited about it! It was truly adorable and I highly recommend it for everyone.

Aw, Lynnie that is so cute! I knew who you were talking about - I watched Finding Nemo yesterday! Love Crush and Squirt too!
    Kill him.
    Kill her.
    Kill It.
    Kill everything... that IS the solution!
    П(_)П
    twitchy molests my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    ^^Our good friends went this past October, but found it to be fairly busy (Halloween time). We are thinking of going again during the Winter Break (instead of Spring Break) because even if its not HOT HOT, it's STILL better than what we would be dealing w/in Syracuse. As long as it over 60, I'm happy.
    Yep, we went for the Mickey's Not so Scary Halloween Party and it was AWESOME! Honestly, my daughter got off the Pirates of the Caribbean ride and got right back on at least 6 times. We never once had to wait. It might have helped that we went early in October.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellatheball View Post
    Yep, we went for the Mickey's Not so Scary Halloween Party and it was AWESOME! Honestly, my daughter got off the Pirates of the Caribbean ride and got right back on at least 6 times. We never once had to wait. It might have helped that we went early in October.
    We went the week before Christmas in 2009. Thursday at Magic Kingdom was a breeze. On and off pretty much every ride that we wanted - although, we still used Fast Pass. Pirates of the Carribean was especially empty. Could get on and off as much as we wanted.

On Saturday (I think it was Dec. 20), though, it was a nightmare. Luckily, the kids were tired of rides by afternoon, and we just did the character meetings and shopping. By the time we left around midnight, we could barely get out strollers through the crowds. Every square foot of space had a person standing on it.

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

yeah thats so awesome what you guys did, a whole week too wow! im sure they'll never forget it!

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    Careful with Winter Break trips, 2 of the ones I've done were in that time period. One was at the start and it was maybe, just barely, 60. My family went again at that time without me a couple years ago and it was actually colder in Orlando than in Chicago, and they were stuck in bitter, freezing rain. I went for a couple days this winter between Christmas and New Years and it was about 35 degrees out. We were layered up like no other and you could see your breath (but hey, no snow!). Cold didn't impact the lines at all, parks were still crazy busy, 90 minute waits on most at Universal.

2 of the trips I've taken were end of February-ish and the weather was great and parks weren't overcrowded either.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread Information