Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Disney World--Orlando Florida

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

awwww how sweet of you lynnie! is it super expensive?!

ive only been to Disneyland (b/c i live in l.a.) and all I know is that i'm always super sore after spending the day there.

We went as a family about 10 years ago and stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort. It was nice, but we ended up spending more time at the Polynesian, which was my mom's original choice but was booked solid.

I went again with friends in high school and we stayed at the Wilderness Lodge, which we all really enjoyed.

Ugh.....

Been working on this for some time now, and even been to our Travel Agent several times and what we are looking for is just not available. Won't lie to you, I'm disappointed. I guess the room we are looking for are basically for the 'Vacation Club Members' ie; time shares and its only if a Member isn't going to use the room, then they would release it back to Disney to be available to the general public. So far, no releases......

Has anyone ever stayed at Saratoga Spring? There is a 3 bedroom 'tree house' available to us at that resort--and its actually in a tree. Sounds kinda cool and it has everything one could imagine (washer/dryer, 2 baths, full kitchen, etc), yet this really isn't one of the resorts we were hoping to stay in. Heard that this resort and the Coronado were very 'conventiony'....which we don't want. Anyone ever been there?????

There is also a 2 bedroom villa available at Animal Kingdom on the Savannah....anyone ever stayed there?

Just semi frustrated. Though, we have options obviously....

Need to get something booked before everything is taken!!

Lynnie have you checked out Micechat.com? There's some forums there and one of them is for WDW and travel. I go to the regular Disneyland one, and have gotten some tips about DL that i didn't know about (and I've been to DL a million times)
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

I'll try it msdeb--thanks!

I've also been looking at the message board another poster suggested upthread and while it has been very informative, it just doesn't say a lot about the particular resort we want.

Certainly not the end of the world if we don't stay at the resort we would really want to, there are so many great ones, its actually hard to narrow it down.

It's just that we get all this info from the Travel Agent and based on what she gave us, decided on a certain resort/room---and then to be told 'oh, no...those are only for Members'...why would they distribute it to the general public if its not available to us? Just frustrated.

Lynnie...I stayed at the Coronado Springs twice. Honestly.. I don't recommend that place. The grounds are beautiful, the rooms are dark and dingy. The first time we stayed there, it didn't seem bad, the second trip I wanted to leave the next morning after finding a cockroach in the bathroom. There were other issues too, but our third trip we dicided to upgrade to a luxury resort and we stayed at the Grand Floridian. I loved it & I highly recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartShapedBox View Post
    Lynnie...I stayed at the Coronado Springs twice. Honestly.. I don't recommend that place. The grounds are beautiful, the rooms are dark and dingy. The first time we stayed there, it didn't seem bad, the second trip I wanted to leave the next morning after finding a cockroach in the bathroom. There were other issues too, but our third trip we dicided to upgrade to a luxury resort and we stayed at the Grand Floridian. I loved it & I highly recommend it.
    Can I ask you a question--and I don't want this to come off the wrong way, but I am curious why you would stay at the same resorts twice if you didn't like it??

We would prefer a Deluxe as well, but its a pretty damn big difference in price, like a minimum of $3000.00 more than a Moderate resort. I have stayed at a Moderate and it was nice, so I am wondering if a Deluxe is 3 grand nicer you know? I WANT to stay at the Yacht & Beach Club, mainly for the pool and area that it is located (on the Boardwalk and near the Boardwalk Hotel which I loved also). But holy shmoly.....

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

wow kids sound like a shitload of work! you're a saint lynnie

Lynnie, when we looked the Animal Kingdom was booked too. But we found a room on Orbitz or Expedia (can't remember). I think a lot of those Vacation Disney (or whatever) members sell their rooms back or something. It's worth a try.

^^Yea, we are waiting for a few of the Vacation Club Members to release their Villa's back to Disney. But, unfortunately we cannot count on it--but we are continuing to wait it out for a bit longer. We really want a 2 bedroom Villa, but those are very hard to come by....so we shall see.

There was a 2 bedroom Villa at Animal Kingdom, but heard that it was quite far away from everything---the Villa itself within the Resort and the Resort is far away from everything else. I'm sure it's not that bad though....

Waiting to hear back from yet another Travel Agent.....

Like I said, the first time we stayed at The Coronado Springs , it didn't seem bad at all. My kids liked it there, we were on a tight budget, so decided to return for the second trip. It was the cockroach that really did me in, however, there were several other incidences that made me decide I would not return. Finding hair in the bed, mold on the shower curtain...and more.

I can't imagine there is a bad place to stay on the Disney property. I stayed at the cheapies (All Star Resorts) and they were nice with huge pools and food courts. You just had to make sure you were up early as they were the first stop for the buses in the morning and you were the last stop at night.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

We went 2 years ago and stayed in the New Orleans, French Quarter. I don't know if they have suites Lynnie but it was a good price for the room. It's also centrally located so the rides to any of the parks are pretty short. And then there's the water taxi.

The meal plan is great but to really get your money's worth out of it, call for reservations at sit down places. You can use the plan at the walk up / cafeteria style places but I don't think it's that much of a savings. The restaurants, however, are really expensive so the meal plan is a great deal. When I called the woman was really great finding me places at different parks. I then planned our days based on what park we had reservations at. The character breakfast buffets are a good deal, too. Book early tho' they are tough to get into at the last minute.

Have a blast!

Just booked a Villa at The Beach Club section of Yacht & Beach Club. DONE, fuck it.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnieD View Post
    Just booked a Villa at The Beach Club section of Yacht & Beach Club. DONE, fuck it.
    we're going to Disneyland on the 8th (my daughters 17 bd), so i made reservations to stay at one of the places across the street. we've stayed there a million times, but i always have anxiety booking the hotel. I cant even imagine what you went through!
    Basic rule of Gossip Rocks: Don't be a dick.Tati
    Lighten Up Francis WCG

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information