Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Danger level on the rise for great white shark divers at Guadalupe Island

It is an extremely long read (I read it many months ago) but it's definitely interesting. If I remember correctly, these young men worked at some kind of camp or something and there was a garbage dump nearby where the wolves would wait until the garbage was dumped and then go at it. This made them lose most of their fear of humans. The victim decided to go for a walk in the woods (I think he was on lunch break) (and duh!!) and got mauled and eaten to death (although there were many arguments if it was a single bear or a pack of wolves ... I think it was concluded that the wolves had attacked him. The second picture in the article shows a supposed aggressive wolf being egged on by another worker. I have loved wolves all my life and I've been around wolf hybrids and rescued full blooded gray wolves several times. That picture is way too small to tell if the wolf is being aggressive or just turning around to run away. You can't see it well enough and the person in the picture doesn't look too scared). This picture was used as evidence in the civil trial and I call bull on it for the reasons I mentioned above. And either way (if the bear or the wolves attacked and ate first) there were so many wolf prints around the body, they concluded that several wolves fed on his body before he was found.

But like I said, feed animals food where humans live/play, and they will lose most of their fear and want more of whatever food they're being fed. And they'll equate the food with humans.

I have always wanted to swim with sharks but I would be lying if I said I'd get in that damn cage.

Elite Member

Really...I'd get right in the cage. Swim outside of it with Mr White, not so much.

How stupid can people be?
    What pisses me off, is that because of morons, sharks are the ones that are gonna be blamed if an accident happens "oooooh look at those human-eating monsters ! Let's kill them all so that morons can enjoy the sea !"
    Fucking idiots.

I love sharks, I grew up among them (figure of speech of course :p) and they're peacefull and quiet, and beautiful and I'm sick of idiots not respecting them and being all oh-what-the-fuck-happened-to-me when there's an accident.

Fucking difficult to try to tell people shark are important and need to be protected and everything when people are still afraid of them, and I fear that if a moron in a cage gats his arm ripped of it's not gonna be any easier
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Somewhere been 'General Confusion' and 'Total WTF?'

Quote Originally Posted by celeb_2006 View Post
    Customers also have become bolder. They routinely lean from the gaps of cages to get better camera angles, despite instructions to keep limbs and torsos inside. In some cases, divers are even swimming out the cages or climbing on top of them in waters that are home each summer and fall to dozens of adult great whites.

Darwinism at its finest.
    I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me. Hunter S Thompson

How big would a T-Rex wang be?! - Karistiona

HAHAHAHA. People are morons. We are not on the top of the food chain in the ocean. They are. I would not step one toe out of that boat. I am happy to look from my computer, or book, or large tank. No way do I want to be a snack.

A*O

One of the best Darwin Moments I saw was a bunch of bogans in Adelaide (?) standing on the floating carcass of a hump back whale while a group of sharks took care of disposing of it bite by bite. Police and coast guards kept telling these morons to stay away, but no, they kept going back - camera/phones in hand - taking pics of each other while slipping around on the rotting flesh.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

^^ is this the what you were thinking of:
    YouTube - Sharks Feed off Whale Carcass

Embarrassing that a law had to be created to ban people from being so stupid.
    Alicia Silverstone: "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness."

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth View Post
    a law had to be created to ban people from being so stupid.

That must be a pain in the ass to make sure this law is respected
    Fluctuat nec mergitur
    Paris, Nov 13th

Can I just say no shit sherlock.
    I am going to come and burn the fucking house down... but you will blow me first."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information