Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cruises vs all-inclusive resorts...help!

I've been to Cancun, Isla Mujeres, St. Thomas, St. Maartens, Aruba, Puerto Rico, Curacao, and Las Vegas at resorts, as well as a couple cruises, and I like cruises more. It seems like there is more to do at all times on a cruise for some reason. Not to say that AI resorts aren't wonderful, because they are. I wouldn't turn down either.

Hit By Ban Bus!

No way you'd ever get me on a cruise. A friend of mine told me that his elderly stepfather asked about people dying on board since there are so many elderly people on these cruises. He was told that it wasn't going to be a problem on the QEII (the cruise ship he was signed up for). The QEII actually has a morgue.

On the cheaper cruises however, you can tell someone has ied because they break out all the ice cream you can eat (to make room for the body). I can totally believe this, though it is gross!!

A*O

If you are concerned about weight gain or wish to maintain your gorgeous figure do NOT go on a cruise. Most people who cark it on a cruise have eaten themselves to death.
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

^ I didn't gain anything on my cruise (of course I didn't lose either, I maintained) and still ate some of the luxurious stuff. It's about eating the gourmet stuff in moderation (for me I ate the dining room dinner-including dessert, but ate light on the buffets during the day), and making sure to get some activity. For me that involved skipping the elevators and taking the stairs almost every time, and getting in a few mornings in the fitness center at the start of my day.

Silver Member

I booked our first cruise for later this year and we're going Disney. They have 3, 4 ,7 and 10 days. Apparently there are alot of parts that aren't accessible to kids (restaurants, bars, adult beach on Disney's own island) It's not your typical booze cruise kind of ship, the rooms are alot larger than other boats and the service superior, from what I've heard. Check out The DIS Discussion Forums - Powered by vBulletin for more info. They have a great cruiseline section.

Disney was my family's first cruise and it forever spoiled us for other cruises. Disney is in the business of making people happy and they truly do it "right". It was truly a fantastic vacation, we had an amazing time.

Enjoy your cruise!

Cruises sound hideously boring to me. Also if you don't like bugs, don't go anywhere near Paradise Island.

^^ Oh hell, good to know!!! My main criteria is that I not run into any bugs. LOL. It can be done. I've been to the Caribbean four times and only ever saw one. If I'm being truthful, this is also another big reason that I've even considered a cruise.

It's been awhile though.....for those of you who have been on one recently, did you always feel rushed while in port? Did you have to battle a lot of other people for space?

Bella, even though I really don't want to know, can you tell me about the bugs? Then I can officially cross the Bahamas off my list! Also, where were you when you saw them?

A*O

Look, there are bugs EVERYWHERE. If this is a major hangup it's going to ruin pretty much any holiday you pick in warm or tropical climates because you're going to be freaking out all the time - not very relaxing!!
    I've never liked lesbianism - it leaves a bad taste in my mouth
    Dame Edna Everage

Just because you're offended doesn't mean you're right.

A*O is right. BUGS are everywhere. I can't even tell you what the bugs were that I saw in the Bahamas. A lot of beetles, mosquitos, huge ants and also lizards in our (very nice otherwise) hotel room.

Yeah I know but I've been to a ton of places. The only place I've ever seen a roach (which is what I really mean when I say "bugs") was New Orleans...the pit that is was (long before Katrina ever hit). So long as I don't share a room with an insect that could survive a bomb, I'm good.

Quote Originally Posted by bella View Post
    A*O is right. BUGS are everywhere. I can't even tell you what the bugs were that I saw in the Bahamas. A lot of beetles, mosquitos, huge ants and also lizards in our (very nice otherwise) hotel room.
    I wouldn't mind a lizard in my room because they eat the bugs.
    "I've cautiously embraced jeggings"
    Emma Peel aka Pacific Breeze aka Wilde1 aka gogodancer aka maribou

Yip, yip, yip in your tiny indignation. Bark furiously on, lady dog.

I didn't mean cockroaches!

Places that are bug free worry me more than bugs. Consider all the insecticides and pesticides that must have been used to make a place bug free. Lizards are great natural bug eaters. I always name the geckos that dot the walls when I go to tropical places -- they are performing a great service.

Hit By Ban Bus!

Yeah, lizzies are functional, cute and sweet as long as they aren't too big

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information