Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree215Likes

Thread: Cruise Vacation TOMORROW!

^^^greys, try the wristbands too. Some doctors can also put some sort of clip on your ear, does anyone else know about that? Do a search because I do believe I heard about this procedure. And yes, Curacao IS nicer than Aruba. Both islands dodged the hurricane I think.

I read a funny story about a woman going on a cruise with her husband and she was quite prone to seasickness. Her mother got her a bag full of ginger candy to take with her. She was only supposed to take one or two to settle her stomach when she got queasy. But the woman ate half the bag and too much of a good thing...well, she got even sicker. Too much ginger causes severe stomachache, as well as giving it out of both ends.
    mostroop likes this.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

I went on a cruise with my girls ,seven days around our ilands and some Turkey too.We had a great time but decided to never do it again because we mostly ate all day long and came back fatter.Glad you had a great time,Bitter!And what a handsome boy you are!
    BITTER likes this.

It's so heartwarming to get to see your smiling face. Definitely not looking bitter. <3
    BITTER and SHELLEE like this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

The body wash you liked so much is apparently a Carnival exclusive. People have gone so far as to take a picture of the bottle on the room stewards cart, it's a tangerine lemongrass scent from a company called Ready Care, but it looks like they only sell to hospitality companies and spas.
    BITTER likes this.

^^^Good to know. Thanks NoDayButToday. I wonder if Amazon can get it for me...I loved the scent.

Glad you guys like the photos...I'm so ready to book another cruise...I will wait to see what my aunts and uncles want to do. Hell, if they can't I will go on my own!!!
    sprynkles, czb, Novice and 2 others like this.
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSlice View Post
    Love the pics, BITTER! Great one of you in there!
    Handsome!
    Novice, BITTER, Brookie and 1 others like this.

I once went to Hawaii by myself because I just really wanted to. I had a very good time and it was worth it. The next time I got the Hawaiian fever I actually got a friend to go. By myself or with one of my bffs it was great.

I think it would be so fun to go on one of those 70's cruises. Or 80's. Definitely with a friend though for one of those.
    BITTER and mtlebay like this.

"A massive penis means never having to say you're sorry". Mo

Quote Originally Posted by sprynkles View Post
    I once went to Hawaii by myself because I just really wanted to. I had a very good time and it was worth it. The next time I got the Hawaiian fever I actually got a friend to go. By myself or with one of my bffs it was great.

I think it would be so fun to go on one of those 70's cruises. Or 80's. Definitely with a friend though for one of those.
    I did the cruise to Canada on my own - Mom and brother went to the family reunion in South Carolina (plus we weren't really speaking then either). Being the introvert that I am, it was hard reaching out to people - everyone seemed so tribal, for lack of better terminology. I enjoyed dinner with my tablemates though - another single guy like me and an older couple - I think I may have mentioned them here before - she was dying from a brain tumor and he wanted to take her on a vacation before the tumor spread...it was so sad. I could go by myself, but I will know for sure after going to my cousin's 40th birthday party.
    Novice, sprynkles and fgg like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Daphodil View Post
    Handsome!
    Bitter - you're adorable! Whoda thunk??
    Novice, palta and BITTER like this.
    Life is short. Break the Rules. Forgive Quickly. Kiss Slowly. Love Truly.
    Laugh Uncontrollably. And never regret ANYTHING that makes you smile.

- Mark Twain

i've never been one for cruises - i'm very antisocial when it comes to vacations, and i want to escape crowds. but lately, i've been wanting to take a really restful vacation, on my own, to basically disconnect and rest and not feel any pressure to visit stuff. for the past few years all my trips have been either to visit people or family, or intense traveling where you're going to museums and visiting sites and stuff. i'm not a beach person so just going to a resort and lying in the sun all day isn't appealing to me so i was thinking about a cruise to somewhere cold like alaska or norway but i basically want a chill cruise with no children, on a boat that isn't as massive as the ones in the caribbean, and is that even a thing?
    BITTER likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

River cruises to Scandinavia...
    fgg, sputnik and BITTER like this.

Quote Originally Posted by sputnik View Post
    i've never been one for cruises - i'm very antisocial when it comes to vacations, and i want to escape crowds. but lately, i've been wanting to take a really restful vacation, on my own, to basically disconnect and rest and not feel any pressure to visit stuff. for the past few years all my trips have been either to visit people or family, or intense traveling where you're going to museums and visiting sites and stuff. i'm not a beach person so just going to a resort and lying in the sun all day isn't appealing to me so i was thinking about a cruise to somewhere cold like alaska or norway but i basically want a chill cruise with no children, on a boat that isn't as massive as the ones in the caribbean, and is that even a thing?
    My folks did a cruise in Germany....
    sputnik and BITTER like this.

thanks! i'll look into that
    Novice likes this.
    I'm open to everything. When you start to criticise the times you live in, your time is over. - Karl Lagerfeld

czb

when i was single, most of my vacations were to visit family. but then i started to also do vacations by myself as part of a group ... doing hiking and biking trips in different places. some off the beaten path. you can be as social or non-social as you want.

did a sailing trip once, the boat had no kids on it but it wasn't my thing.
    sputnik, Novice and BITTER like this.

Y'all are making me blush

If you have the $$$$, the Norwegian Coastal Voyages are great for folks who like me time.
    HURTIGRUTEN
    sputnik and czb like this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information