Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree215Likes

Thread: Cruise Vacation TOMORROW!

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    Tonight is formal night and we are eating at the steakhouse. I munched on a big salad and a huge meatball.
    Wait, the main course was a huge meatball? Please tell me you took a picture of that thing!
    BITTER likes this.

^I could be wrong but I took this as formal dinner is tonight and that’s what he had prior to his nap. Bitter, please post pics!
    BITTER likes this.
    See, Whores, we are good for something. Love, Florida
    #fingersinthebootyassbitch

Iíll try SHELLEE, but it may have to wait until we are back in the States...WiFi access is inconsistent...posting photos is a challenge.

Mohandas, it was large and wrapped in dough...

I ended up eating with my family after all...formal nights on Carnival means a collared shirt and khakis. I ate a corn salad with baby spinach and bacon in a creamy vinaigrette, a piece of snapper with garlic sauce and a small but tender lobster tail. And then we went to the Red Frog Bar to see a Motown tribute band...really good. The assistant cruise director made me get up and dance with her...you donít wanna see that, do you?
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

Oooh nice--a Southern Caribbean itinerary...
    Have fun on the Fun Ships and try not spending too much time in front of your phone
    Have fun!!
    BITTER and czb like this.
    Go Habs Go!!

Quote Originally Posted by BITTER View Post
    I’ll try SHELLEE, but it may have to wait until we are back in the States...WiFi access is inconsistent...posting photos is a challenge.

Mohandas, it was large and wrapped in dough...

I ended up eating with my family after all...formal nights on Carnival means a collared shirt and khakis. I ate a corn salad with baby spinach and bacon in a creamy vinaigrette, a piece of snapper with garlic sauce and a small but tender lobster tail. And then we went to the Red Frog Bar to see a Motown tribute band...really good. The assistant cruise director made me get up and dance with her...you don’t wanna see that, do you?
    Yes, yes we do!!!

but it can wait til you are back!
    SHELLEE and sprynkles like this.

It sounds like you're having a great time! Keep enjoying all that relaxing (and some partying).

I think we are taking the exact same cruise, same ship in January...but not in the fancy cove balcony, we have an inside room. And yeah....internet on Carnival is a shitshow except for on their absolute newest ships. It was completely unusable on the Breeze, even the highest tier internet. I want to disconnect, but I'd also like the option to send someone a picture if I felt like it.
    BITTER likes this.

Hi everyone, I am back!!! Got back yesterday. What a trip. Absolutely loved it. Took your advice and stayed away from posting, other than checking in with some of my Facebook pages. The ship was a marvel, the food damn near perfect and I loved the tours we went on. I will get pictures from my cruisecritic.com review. As soon as I can. Kind of depressed because I go back to work tomorrow. But I have memories. And besides, the best cure for post-cruise blues is to book ANOTHER CRUISE!!!
    "To be [black] in this country and to be relativity conscious is to be in a rage almost all of the time." ~ James Baldwin

Why do I feel like saying "Daddy's home"! I know people that definitely get the cruise life in them and go every year. That could be you! Glad you had a ball. I've never been on one due to my possible sea sickness and now I have the vertigo thing. How'd you sleep? Did you feel like you were in a regular hotel room or did you always know you were on the water?
    BITTER likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chalet View Post
    Why do I feel like saying "Daddy's home"! I know people that definitely get the cruise life in them and go every year. That could be you! Glad you had a ball. I've never been on one due to my possible sea sickness and now I have the vertigo thing. How'd you sleep? Did you feel like you were in a regular hotel room or did you always know you were on the water?
    There was some motion, but nothing alarming. We did have to arrive early because a passenger got sick. Didn’t get the details. You can wear a patch or a pressure wristband or even get a shot if needed. I slept better than I do at home. I always was aware of being at sea... but I love it. I spent one sea day on my balcony for three hours...paradise.

I'm so glad you had a great time, Bitter - you are so deserving of some wonder and joy.

Also very happy you are home and safe with your wonderful memories - if you had booked it for this week, wouldn't you be facing Dorian?
    HeartShapedBox, palta and BITTER like this.

I think one of the ports is in the Bahamas, but I haven't seen if it's been affected yet-last I saw Carnival was still in "we will let you know how they are when we know" mode bc it's their private island.

It sounds like they evacuated their people and the horses for horseback riding before the storm so they won't know until they can go back there in a few days. Better than Disney...Disney just left their people on their private island and said they'd be fine, their island is very close to the Abaco Islands
    BITTER, Novice and lindsaywhit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by lindsaywhit View Post
    I'm so glad you had a great time, Bitter - you are so deserving of some wonder and joy.

Also very happy you are home and safe with your wonderful memories - if you had booked it for this week, wouldn't you be facing Dorian?
    Thanks, and YES!! Definitely dodged it.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDayButToday View Post
    I think one of the ports is in the Bahamas, but I haven't seen if it's been affected yet-last I saw Carnival was still in "we will let you know how they are when we know" mode bc it's their private island.

It sounds like they evacuated their people and the horses for horseback riding before the storm so they won't know until they can go back there in a few days. Better than Disney...Disney just left their people on their private island and said they'd be fine, their island is very close to the Abaco Islands
    I hope that the workers and tour guides at Half Moon Cay are all right. I met some of them and they are some of the friendliest people I met on the trip. Many of them live on the island 24/7, but if a bad storm is approaching, they are evacuated. I hope that they got off the cay in time.

Here is my Cruise Critic Review, with some photos... VACATION

Love the pics, BITTER! Great one of you in there!
    BITTER likes this.
    "Schadenfreude, hard to spell, easy to feel." ~VenusinFauxFurs

"Scoffing is one of my main hobbies!" ~Trixie

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeSlice View Post
    Love the pics, BITTER! Great one of you in there!
    Thanks...I have this thing on my iPad and iPhone where I can press on the photos that have the "LIVE" icon on them and there's a bit of motion and sound, and I relive the memories again.
    fgg, Novice, sprynkles and 2 others like this.

I like your reviews too, very thorough. I'm so glad you got to really relax for awhile.

I really wish i could tolerate ships because the one time I went it seemed like a good deal for a vacation, but my inherent motion sickness was a problem and the scopalamine made me feel spacy the entire trip. If I ever try a cruise again I will just do ginger root (which i take when flying) and see if that would be enough to work on a ship. Maybe I will try a short one, like a 3-day or something.
    BITTER likes this.
    FUCK YOU AND GIVE ME MY GODDAMN VENTI TWO PUMP LIGHT WHIP MOCHA YOU COCKSUCKING WHORE BEFORE I PUNCH YOU IN THE MOUTH. I just get unpleasant in my car. - Deej

http://www.gossiprocks.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic4098_9.gif Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information