Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Coolest country you've visited

Israel

Quote Originally Posted by McJag View Post
    you can't beat Alaska for outrageous beauty. The people are nice, starkly individual. No one would bat an eye if you showed up in PJ's and fuzzy slippers. Natural beauty, better than Switzerland your eyes are on overload.
    I second Alaska as an amazing natural wonderland!
    However, Switzerland is similarly breathtaking and you can't beat hopping in a hot air balloon that sails over the alps.

Only place I haven't been is the continent of Africa...........someday
    "the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone"

Hit By Ban Bus! AliceInWonderland's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by effie2 View Post
    Alice i know you like pictures
    yes im jealous!

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    What are you talking about? We were discussing places we liked and I mentioned Gibraltar. It is a British overseas territory located at the tip of Spain with which it shares a border. A map and a google search bears out that it's not a landlocked country like Lesotho. It's clearly at the tip. Nor is it a country as we both know.

And yes, you do need to travel through/fly to Spain to get to Gibraltar. So? It's like a layover at an airport. You're not there to visit but have to stop over to get to your ultimate destination. So yes, you are indeed right. I may have to go to Spain again to get to other European destinations in spite of the fact that I hate it and don't want to go back. I'll deal.
    Just thought I'd mention, as I live in Gibraltar that you can indeed fly direct from the UK to Gibraltar. We have flights from Gatwick and Luton at present and as Easyjet have just taken over GB Airways from British Airways, who knows how many more destinations might be available to us.

You can also fly to Madrid but only on a Friday and Sunday, whereas Gatwick and Luton are daily flights (for those trying to avoid Spain).

To clarify the point raised, Gibraltar is indeed a British dependent territory and has not been "part of" Spain for over 300 years. A point that any Gibraltarian will wax lyrical on if you let them (something I discovered to my cost when I arrived 4 years ago ). There is a border between Gibraltar and Spain, and unlike a lot of borders between European countries, you do have to show your passport to enter and leave Gibraltar.
    "In an underdeveloped country don't drink the water. In a developed country don't breathe the air." - Jonathan Raban.

England - or to be more specific, London. <3

Quote Originally Posted by viggofan View Post
    Israel
    Glad you liked Israel. What cities did you go?
    Last edited by Tati; March 24th, 2008 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by micashell View Post
    Just thought I'd mention, as I live in Gibraltar that you can indeed fly direct from the UK to Gibraltar. We have flights from Gatwick and Luton at present and as Easyjet have just taken over GB Airways from British Airways, who knows how many more destinations might be available to us.

You can also fly to Madrid but only on a Friday and Sunday, whereas Gatwick and Luton are daily flights (for those trying to avoid Spain).

To clarify the point raised, Gibraltar is indeed a British dependent territory and has not been "part of" Spain for over 300 years. A point that any Gibraltarian will wax lyrical on if you let them (something I discovered to my cost when I arrived 4 years ago ). There is a border between Gibraltar and Spain, and unlike a lot of borders between European countries, you do have to show your passport to enter and leave Gibraltar.
    Thanks for the clarifications Micashell. Good to know should I ever decide to visit Gibraltar again. Great place.

Quote Originally Posted by NHKMM View Post
    England - or to be more specific, London. <3

Glad you liked Israel. What cities did you go?
    It was a 7 week tour and went from tel aviv to eliat.
    YOU CAN'T ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU WANT
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

Ooh I love Eilat.

we couldn't go any further as it was in 1974 right after the yom kippur war and there was still active fighting going on. would have loved to see beer shiba
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

Bronze Member

Loved Germany. Driving the Autoban, seeing castles on the hillsides and pulling over and parking and then hiking up to them. Dresdin is such a lovely city. All the little towns are beautiful and CLEAN! We never saw any trash. The Netherlands, Amsterdam some folkes don't care for, but we had a ball visiting there. France, Paris was awesome to us. Just the rich history kept me speechless. The only place where we did not feel so welcome was of all places the WWII Allied Museum in Normandy.

if I had alot of money one of the things I would love to do is travel more. so many great places to see

but alas I was give beauty instead of riches
    (M. Jagger/K. Richards)

Elite Member

It was a 7 week tour and went from tel aviv to eliat.

I live in Eilat&Tel Aviv

happy that you love them!!!!

Bronze Member

if I had alot of money one of the things I would love to do is travel more. so many great places to see

but alas I was give beauty instead of riches
    That would be me too Viggofan!! That trip was prob. my once in a lifetime vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by S&R's Mom View Post
    Loved Germany. Driving the Autoban, seeing castles on the hillsides and pulling over and parking and then hiking up to them. Dresdin is such a lovely city. All the little towns are beautiful and CLEAN! We never saw any trash.
    Guess you didn't look closely enough! There is a lot of trash in Germany. Only we call it Eastern Germans here.

NO - I was totally kidding! I heart Eastern Germans. It was just too good a joke not to make it.
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

Bronze Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Willy View Post
    Guess you didn't look closely enough! There is a lot of trash in Germany. Only we call it Eastern Germans here.

NO - I was totally kidding! I heart Eastern Germans. It was just too good a joke not to make it.
    Is that considered a really funny joke In Germany?? I'm not trying to be a smart ass. I'm just curious.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread Information