Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Coolest country you've visited

Quote Originally Posted by LaFolie View Post
    Disliking Sarko doesn't make me an anti-American, Sojita.
    *sigh* I am not saying you are. You are missing the point. never mind. It was not about what your response was, it was about how it was brought about.

*I decided to just delete it all to avoid any shitstorm.*
    Don't slap me, cause I'm not in the mood!

Portugal....where I am hoping to retire.....

This photo really doesn't do her justice.....none does, actually....

I've been to many places, but none makes me feel like I do when I'm in Portugal. From Porto to Lisboa, inland and coastal, I love the people, the food, the wine, and the pace of life.

....getting out real estate brochures again.....and dreaming....

Belize. Talk about paradise.

Mischief. Mayhem. Tattoos. Soap.

Silver Member

out of everywhere i've been (only europe) i loved italy and cyprus and would go back everytime there

I've never been out of the country..... California's the farthest I've ever been away from home.

Not much of a traveller, but I can think of many places I'd love to see. Greece, Mexico, and Italy are at the top of my list. BF lived in Germany for a while and he really loved it there.

Its Greece for me. I met my husband there back in 1989. We go back at least once a year and eventually would love to buy a place there. We met on a little island called Ios (near Santorini) it was a hippy island in the 60's and its a favourite backpacker island now. Ios is my little piece of heaven. I love the fact that the Greeks are so friendly and welcoming, plus I love meeting all the different nationalities who end up there.

There are so many other places in the world I would like to visit. I would love to travel around the US - only having visited Chicago (which I LOVED!), go to Oz and New Zealand and I have a thing for deserts and would like to do the whole Lawrence of Arabia thing and ride a horse through the desert to Wadi Rum.

Dream on girl - its cold, windy and snowing here in Yorkshire!
    Stella Galaxy ... 16 hands of irish trouble

I loved Prague. We dealt with a great deal of racism in the country, as I was traveling with a debate team that included a few latinos, african americans, and asians.

People were shocked to see us walk the streets together! LOL

Portugal and Gibraltar. The one place I will never go back to is Spain. Hated it.

Well, where's Gibraltar?
    I don't want to perish like a fading horse - best lyric ever

Elite Member

I went to Rome, Italy in October and two days into our week there, I couldn't wait to get the hell out. As a Canadian used to vast amounts of space, I found things small, crowded and chaotic. I'm probably the only person to go on record as saying Italy didn't impress me.

Ireland on the other hand.........most beautiful country I've visited, by far. I could pick up and live there in an instant.

Places I'd most love to visit.....Australia and New Zealand.

All in all, I love North America. I'm a very big fan of my own beautiful country and can never get enough of my neighbors to the South.

Quote Originally Posted by LaFolie View Post
    Well, where's Gibraltar?
    Sorry. Not a country of course, but it was a cool place to spend a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Elisa View Post
    I went to Rome, Italy in October and two days into our week there, I couldn't wait to get the hell out. As a Canadian used to vast amounts of space, I found things small, crowded and chaotic. I'm probably the only person to go on record as saying Italy didn't impress me.
    Well, if you only went to Rome, then you can't say Italy didn't impress you, you can only say Rome didn't impress you I love Canada in general but I don't care for Toronto, for example.

I understand what you mean about the chaos in Rome, though. Just crossing the street was really scary there There is no way I'd want to live there, but I LOVED visiting, and I'd love to go back one day and tour the whole of Italy. There are so many interesting cities, and one day I must see the Uffizi gallery in Florence.

have only been out of the country once, on a cruise. I thought Jamaica was breathtaking - green and beautiful. But the poverty I saw there was breathtaking as well, and the taxi drivers scared the shit out of me (very aggressive).

I don't know why I haven't made it to Canada, I am in northern California and it's really not that far. I just need to decide what I want to see there I guess, don't know much about what is there on the western side. I've always been tempted to take one of the train tours! I'll get there before I die!
    Don't worry about what other people think. They don't do it very often.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty View Post
    Portugal and Gibraltar. The one place I will never go back to is Spain. Hated it.
    Hilarious.

First of all, Gibraltar is not a country. Secondly, it's IN SPAIN!
    Hello mother fucker! when you ask a question read also the answer instead of asking another question on an answer who already contain the answer of your next question!
    -Bugdoll-

I really liked Italy. I visited Venice and Lake Garda, both were lovely. I've been to France a couple of times and always like it there. I'd like to visit Canada, the scenery looks gorgeous.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information